Green Eco-Rental: Experience Environmentally Conscious Living
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Kaneohe townhome description
**WE ARE JUST GETTING SET UP - WEBSITE & PICTURES COMING VERY SOON, CHECK BACK IN A WEEK :) **
This rental is lovingly named "Pepe" (meaning baby in the Hawaiian language). Our family just found out we were pregnant with our first child when this home flooded. A gut renovation had to be done and we made a decision and commitment to adhere to the highest standards of eco-friendliness, air quality, and superior mindful workmanship (all green and all non-toxic materials) for the reconstruction. Today that work is complete and we offer it as not only a rental, but as a complete experience in living in a non-toxic home with consciousness and respect for the environment. Whether this will be a learning experience, experiment in a different type of living, or a lifestyle you already have and want to continue (and support), we welcome guests that want to try a new idea for the rental market.
As we've found ourselves, it is often difficult to find non-toxic or green daily products, especially when traveling or moving to a new place. In order to provide the full green experience, we have pre-stocked this home with all organic/green products needed on a daily basis (soaps, shampoos, laundry detergent, etc.). We offer a working composting system for kitchen/food waste, complete with worm composter in the back along with recycling and a full information guide so guests can easy locate and attend local farmer's market and support local and green businesses of all types.
This rental is set in the beautiful backdrop of the Koolau Mountains, with amazing views to those and then also to the ocean as you walk to the front door. CONVENIENCE is an understatement as the local bus stop, shopping centers, and entertainment (movies, etc.) is LESS than a 5 minute walk away. With the rental, you also get unlimited access to the 55 townhouse property which includes 3 salt filtered pools, 3 hot tubs, 2 tennis courts, sauna, several grassy picnic/BBQ areas, and beautiful walking paths that provide an amazing view of Kaneohe Bay.
Please make sure to check out our website for more detailed information. If you are a green building enthusiast or DIYer, you will no doubt get inspired, learn a few things (at least), and probably have some helpful feedback for us also! If you just want a healthy place to lay your head every night, then that's what we offer too!
**GREEN & ECO-FRIENDLY CONSTRUCTION METHODS/INDOOR AIR QUALITY:**
1. American Clay breathable & non-toxic (and beautiful/artistic) walls in all rooms
2. Bamboo paneling ceilings
3. 100% real cork flooring w/non toxic sealer
4. Bamboo molding
5. NO PARTICLEBOARD AT ALL in any construction materials, any furniture, or any cabinetry. NONE!
6. Real materials used in tile (not synthetic or manufactured) plus new non toxic grout & non toxic sealer
7. Hybrid hot water heater which provides air conditioning for kitchen while producing hot water (COOL!)
8. Caroma Profile Toilet: lowest water use of any toilet able to be purchased in the USA - use water twice, everyone should be required to have one of these!
**GREEN & ECO-FRIENDLY MAINTENANCE:**
1. ONLY non-toxic cleaning supplies, strict control. Only cleaning products used are homemade with food grade ingredients of white distilled vinegar, baking soda, lemon, and water. Tea tree oil may also be used inside. No other solutions, chemicals, or products used or approved to be used in this unit.
2. NO use of or use by inhabitants of DEET poison mosquito repellent products (if inhabitants use elsewhere, must shower well before re-entering unit, pools on property have showers)
3. HEPA two-stage filtering Vacuum
4. Steam mop - uses only hot water to clean & reusable/washable cleaning pads.
**GREEN & ECO-FRIENDLY KITCHEN:**
1. Distilled water (made onsite) provided directly to special kitchen faucet. **DID YOU KNOW?** Most public water in the USA is quickly becoming contaminated with one type of chemical or another - Oahu is no exception. We will be glad to educate guests more on this and teach you how to set up safe (& relatively eco-friendly) water systems for yourself & your family. In the meantime, drink clean island water from the in-house faucet without having to buy bottled water!
2. Ice maker on fridge uses distilled water (made onsite)
3. Reverse Osmosis water provided to normal kitchen faucet
4. Effort made to minimize plastic as much as reasonably possible
5. Glass and stainless steel storage containers
6. Bamboo cooking utensils
7. Countertop convection oven/stove which is more energy efficient than big stove (although we have a big stove available if needed for larger items) and healthier than microwave (although we do have a new efficient microwave available)
8. Solid bamboo custom made kitchen cabinets
9. Kitchen design focus on efficiency and function to provide the maximum use and function in the minimal amount of space
10. Countertop tile is real rock (not fabricated), grout is new eco-friendly non-molding grout that doesn't require a toxic sealer
11. Veggie wash supplied (if you need more, easy homemade recipe will be supplied)
12. Kitchen compost bin and instructions
**EXTRA GREEN & ECO-FRIENDLY AMENITIES & SUPPLIES PROVIDED:**
1. Organic/eco-friendly shampoo
2. Organic/eco-friendly conditioner
3. Biodegradable organic/eco-friendly soaps
4. Eco-friendly dishwashing soap
5. Eco-friendly dishwasher soap
6. Eco-friendly laundry detergent
7. Eco-friendly dryer sheets
8. Organic towels, hand towels, & wash clothes
9. Organic bed sheets
10. Local made Hawaiian bed spread & pillow covers
11. No PVC shower curtain
12. Hemp bath mat
13. Hemp door mats
14. Non-dyed hemp curtains
15. Coconut outdoor shoe scraper mats (please no shoes inside unless you have indoor-only shoes that have been washed, shoes carry pesticides & other dirt)
**WE ARE JUST GETTING SET UP - WEBSITE & PICTURES COMING VERY SOON, CHECK BACK IN A WEEK :) **
Keywords: green, eco, eco-friendly, condo, townhouse, condominium, apartment, house, unit, green rental, eco rental, eco friendly, green, environmental rental, non toxic, chemical free
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 3-6
- King size beds (1) Refurbished real wood platform king bed with eco/non toxic bedding. What a beauty!, Queen size Beds (1) Optional queen bed blow up mattress in second bedroom (tall kind). This allows availability for the room to also be a den, office, or child's room if bed not needed. , Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Full sized recycled teak solid wood day bed in living room provides third sleeping area....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- 100% non-toxic & eco-friendly building materials & furniture, kitchen compost bin, outside worm composting system, recycling, water distiller for kitchen sink and ice cube maker, water osmosis system for kitchen, local indoor & outdoor plants for improved air quality and beauty, organic linens, organic non-toxic soaps/shampoo/conditioner/laundry detergent/dishwashing soap/shave gel provided, organic bed & bedding, hemp curtains and rugs, locally produced art and decorations, information and easy access to local CSAs and farmer's markets (details provided in rental), information and resources on other eco & green activities on the island including current volunteer events/beach cleanups/Transition Movement happenings, HEPA vacuum, air filtration systems, clay/plaster artistic walls, 100% cork floors, bamboo ceiling/cabinets/molding, only Eco-Low VOC paints used, NO particleboard EVER in ANYTHING!, eco furniture such as recycled teak and woven water hyanth & refurbished real wood, & more...moreless
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Shared Hot Tub
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Broadband Access
Pool & Spa
- Jetted Tub:
- Communal Pool
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Ocean View
- Fitness Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
$3300/month (comes to $110/night) for 2 people, 30 day rental minimum Plus security deposit & tax (cleaning fee out of deposit); Xtra for more people Ask about discounts! NOTICE Even if only staying half of the 30 days, prices are less than comparables!
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: The owner and 're' builder of this home is Lova Lava Land Eco-Resort's Owner and Builder, Director of the nonprofit Build Green Foundation, and a LEED Green Associate. She (with the help of her husband and keiki) has dedicated her life and career to finding a better way to live sustainably on this planet and fighting to find a way to build green and offer green accommodations, education, and knowledge to others.
Why the Owner Chose Kaneohe:
1. Convenience is overwhelming being a few minutes to all major types of shopping, eating, bus stop, etc. and a quick not-overly busy highway over the mountain to Honolulu (15 min to downtown). LOVE the nice stroller/walking paths all around this area - not too easy to find good ones in Hawaii and this area has very safe, quiet, and beautiful paths (many areas you can see wide stretches of ocean and the beautiful Koolau Mountains). 2. Weather. Weather is a very individual preference but we like the mild rainforest weather in this part of the island - partially sunny on most days but with welcomed passing clouds and brief showers to keep it cool where air conditioning is mostly unheard of. 3. Local small community close to more country areas with beautiful not-crowded beaches, farms, and many botanical gardens. People are real here and there is a lovely local and safe environment in our area and town. Very family friendly and very relaxing and laid back. If you want busier city life or activities, that is just a 10-15 min drive over the beautiful Koolau Mountains or in the more-busy next door town of Kailua.
The Unique Benefits at this Townhome:
We love putting our baby down on the floor knowing she is not walking on chemicals or breathing VOCs from particle board off-gassing or recent non-toxic paint use, and putting her (and ourselves!) to sleep in a bed not covered in traditional fire retardants that are known carginogens. You just feel the difference not having a daily chemical onslaught to your body. Plus, it feels great to be 100% buying green products from green companies - it's the only way the good people that care about the world and protecting it for future generations, can keep working to improve our world and change and educate others to stop bad practices.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Artistically eco-designed bathroom w/ whirlpool tub & garden window private view
World's greatest toilet! Wash your hands with clean water before flushing, COOL!
Bedroom #2: Bamboo ceiling, cork floor, and artful clay walls.
Free unlimited use of 3 pool areas included - this one has nice views of the bay
Sleep beneath the bamboo ceiling in a solid wood cozy king bed w/ organic linens
Separate luxurious vanity area w/bamboo cabinets, custom tile, & plaster walls.
Organic & eco-friendly soaps/shampoos and cleaning products included!
Enjoy use of a custom eco-friendly kitchen, composter & all!
Largest pool area w/ surrounding park, picnic, tennis, BBQ grills, sauna, hottub
One of the views of Kaneohe Bay from the walking paths on the 55 acre property.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, March 10, 2013