Sunny Beach Front Cottage on Shuswap Lake
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Chase cottage description
Wake up to the call of the loons and close out the day with the most gorgeous sunsets. Enjoy our newly renovated (2011) cabin on the sandy shores of Little Shuswap Lake. The cabin has a master bedroom with a king size bed and a bunk room with a double/single bunk. Our open plan enables maximum family time - large area with a wood burning fireplace (and lots of split wood) and two seating areas that easily accommodate a dozen people, open at the front with wall-to-wall windows and sliding door on to the front deck and to the dining area to the side. The kitchen is open to the sitting area and allows a full view of the lake. The cabin has wireless Internet and cable TV.
We have a 31 ft Wilderness Trailer with slide-out in immediately adjacent to cabin on our adjoining lot and positioned horizontally to the lake to allow a full view of the beach. The trailer offers a separate bedroom with a queen size bed and separate entrance as well as a convertible bed and pullout bed that are suitable for two more. The trailer has two sinks and a bathroom with toilet and shower. All water, plumbing and electrical come through the main cabin service so there are no power or water levels to worry about.
The interior and the exterior of the cabin were completely renovated in 2010/11 and the 300 sq ft rear deck, 400 sq ft upper front deck and 400 sq ft beach-level deck are all brand new. There are patio tables/chairs on both front decks, chairs and small tables on the rear deck and 3 teak sun lounges on the beach. The rear deck is perfect for morning coffee - the sun is pretty dependable and is on the deck very early. The upper front deck is shaded by large Ponderosa Pines and the lower beach-level deck is open to the sun from mid-morning until it goes down behind the hills in the late evening.
The south end of Little Shuswap Lake is known for its wonderful beach and the sunshine is very reliable. There are though occasions when an afternoon storm can create some of the most dramatic vistas including sometimes spectacular wind and waves.
Keywords: Sandy beach, waterfront, lake front, lakeside, Shuswap Rental, golf, view, boating, water skiing,
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
There are two steps up at the rear but wide and easily climbed or wheelchair assisted. There is one 8' level change in the living area. Bathroom isn't great. Sink is not lowered and no transfer bars but accessible....moreless
- Pets Considered:
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
- King size beds (1), Queen size Beds (1) In the trailer with separate entrance., Twin or Single Beds (1) In trailer and is a pull out couch (twin and a half)., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) In trailer, dinette table conversion to double bed - best for kids or one adult., Bunk Beds (1) In the 2nd bedroom - double down, single up....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Linens Provided:
- Wood Fireplace
- A gently sloping sandy beach leads to the crystal clear waters of the lake. The shores are shallow and warm to a lovely temperature in the sun. There is a rowboat and a canoe available for your use. Walk down the beachfront or run the trails alongside the quiet road. Bring your power boat along and pack a picnic for a day of exploring the 1600km of shoreline accessed by cruising up the Little River and into Shuswap Lake. You can include a stop at Copper Island for a hike, a fantastic view of the lake and a swim. With drink in hand, enjoy a rousing game of bocci ball in the sand. Have a wiener roast followed by a the classic beachside dessert - s’mores (time-tested recipe in the cabin) or just some lovely quiet time around a crackling fire (we have pre-split lots of wood and guarantee you won’t run out). If all this sounds like too much work, spend the day lazing on one of our lovely teak lounge chairs with a book in hand. The choice is yours....moreless
- Wireless Internet
- Broadband Access
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Beach View
- Lake View
- Water View
- Water Skiing
- Miniature Golf
- Mountain Biking
- Golf, golf golf. Try the 18-hole championship Talking Rock lakeside course 5 minutes from your door. Families will enjoy the fun 9-hole par 3 course at Chase - great for novices. Salmon Arm, Shuswap Lake Estates and Kamloops offer enough different courses to try something new every day. For a quiet hike the Salmon Spawning grounds and the old water flume trail at Adams River are great. For the more adventurous there is white water rafting or tubing on the Adams River or ziplining at Tree Tops in Chase are both sure to get your heart rate up. There is even the opportunity to do some wine tasting close by. Check out the fresh local produce and crafts at the Saturday morning Sorrento Farmers Market. Drive down the road to the Scotch Creek Family Fun Center for mini-golf and bumper boats. Try brunch or dinner at the Quaaout Lodge, a short stroll down the beach. Something for everyone....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Charming, Peaceful, and Perfect
Charming, Peaceful, and Perfect
A spotless beachfront cottage, literally steps from water's edge on the quiet part of Little Shuswap Lake. Everything has been tastefully updated - two bedrooms sleep 5, then a newish trailer sleeps an additional 3 with lots of room for all. Beach is fine gravel, gently sloping into the crystal clear lake. A beautiful four hour drive from Vancouver via the breathtaking Coquihalla, and easily accessible from the Trans Canada Highway. Facing southwest to enjoy the sun all the way to sunset. A perfect combination of convenience, glorious weather, and peace. We can't wait to come back.
- Guest Bostonfam (Boston, MA)
- Date of stay 06/28/13
- Review Submitted 07/01/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with teenagers, families with young children.
Owner response: We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. The peace and quiet make it a true respite.
Clean, comfortable beds, bright open floor plan in a newly renovated cabin. Beautiful view with the lake at your doorstep. The clean trailer accommodation afforded privacy for our daughter, husband and young son. Everything we hoped for to enjoy a weekend at the lake with the family.Thank you Sharon, looking forward to coming back!
- Guest Young at heart (Abbotsford, BC)
- Date of stay 07/13/12
- Review Submitted 07/20/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, girls getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers, families with young children.
Owner response: We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. You have experienced the happiness that the cabin brings to our family. It is truly a place for family togetherness and bonding. We look forward to welcoming you again.
All rates are per week basis Minimum rental 1 week. $2,350 in June 2013 $2,700 in July through Labour Day weekend $2,350 in September 2013
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 1990
About the owner: We have been vacationing on the Shuswap for nearly 40 years and can't imagine a nicer place to be.
- Primary: 604-542-6022
- Secondary: 604-313-5324
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from front deck.
Cabin from the lake.
Raised front deck.
Dining area with lake view.
Trailer living room. Couch and table area can be converted to beds.
Trailer and firepit area.
Separate bedroom area in the trailer.
The end of another beautiful summer day.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, February 17, 2014
2 Bedroom / 1.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.