Affordable Self Catering Accommodation in Constantia Valley, Cape Town - Ascot Villa @ Ascot Gardens
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-4 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Cape Town villa description
Ascot Gardens self catering Cottages and units sleeping 2 - 8 persons , plus holiday House/Villa , are situated in the quiet and peaceful Cape Town residential suburb of Bergvliet, in the Constantia Valley.
Ascot Gardens central position in Cape Town Constantia Southern Suburbs is an ideal base for visiting and touring Cape Town attractions.
The Airport,V &A Waterfront, Beaches and Table Mountain are 20 minutes drive away and Kirstenbosch and Constantia Wine Farms is 10 minutes away .
Within walking distance of Ascot Gardens, is a local shopping center , super markets, rail station, and 6 good local restaurants.
Ascot Gardens offers private garden suites and Cottages and Villas and Holiday houses of various sizes , for sleeping from 2 persons and up to 24 persons .
Ascot Gardens ‘Home from Home’ 3 Star Graded Self Catering , is inspected every year by the Tourist Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA). Latest approval was on 8 October 2013. This your guarantee that the accommodation provided, is equal or better than international standards.
All units surrounded by beautiful gardens. (As featured on BBCTv Gardeners World program.)
• Free WiFi internet and Skype.
Fully furnished and equipped including bed linen, bath towels and toilet rolls.
• Private entrance to each unit.
• Private patio with table and chairs surrounded by a beautiful garden
• DSTv Television and DVD.
Dish washers in larger deluxe suites and Villas and Holiday houses .
• Music centers , bedside clock radio.
• Private BBQ facilities.
• Secure , off street parking behind remote controlled entrance gates.
• Safe and ceiling fans in bedrooms and lounges.
• Iron and ironing board
• Laundry .Wash lines for smalls in bathrooms
• Library providing novels , magazines and tourist info brochures and maps.
• Shared swimming pool , sun lounges for sun bathing either around pool or outside own suite.
Ideal self catering accommodation base for tourists or business man visiting Cape Town.
Bergvliet is a quiet safe tree lined Cape Town Southern
Suburb in the Constantia wine growing area , only 16 klms from City Centre.
The Constantia Wine route, Constantia Shopping Village, Blue Route shopping centre and Constantiaberg Medi Clinic are 5 minutes away.
Kirstenbosch Gardens , Muizenberg Beach , Cavendish Square , Newlands cricket and rugby stadiums , Westlake , Steenberg and Royal Cape Golf Clubs , are 15 minutes drive away.
The Airport , V&A Waterfront , Table Mountain ,Cape Town City Centre , Fish Hoek and Hout Bay beach , Canal Walk , Clovelly Golf club are 25 min away. Camps Bay , Clifton beach and Chapman's Peak Drive are 35 min drive away.
Stellenbosch Wine Route , Cape Point Nature Reserve , Noordhoek , Somerset West , Franschhoek are reached within 50 min.
Hermanus , the Aquila Big 5 Game Reserve and Shark Cage Diving in Gansbaai , are 2-3 hrs drive away.
Ascot Villa @ Ascot Gardens : Cape Town, Western Cape Vacation Rental by Owner Listing 406846ha
Ascot Villa has its own private entrance with secure off street and garage parking. Set in a beautiful garden containing a variety of plants , trees and water features. Ascot Villa consists of 3 adjoining and connected private suites or can be rented as one house sleeping from 8 up to 12 persons. Luxury African suite (144m2) is furnished in African décor , including leather couches and sleeps 2 to 6 in two bedrooms both en suite. Large kitchen and pantry with dish washer ,stove and modern appliances , dining table seating 12. Covered patio with table and chairs and BBQ. Mountain suite (40m2) is 1st floor bed sitter suite , sleeping 2/3 Fountain suite (87m2) , sleeps 2 to 5, has bedroom , open plan lounge , kitchen , dining area , outdoor patio with table and chairs. All 3 Ascot Villa s/c suites are fully furnished and equipped and have satellite DSTV , DVD , music centre , radio , iron and board , fans , safe , and shared swimming pool with sun loungers
- 271 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome:
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Pets Not Allowed
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 12-14
- African Suite has queen size bed in main bedroom ( plus extra single bed if required) and 2 or 3 single beds in 2nd bedroom ( and or double bunk ) Mountain Suite has 2 single beds.( and or single bed or double bunk ) Fountain Suite has 2 single beds in bedroom ( plus extra single bed if required ) A double bunk or 2 single beds placed in lounge as required Queen size bed ,double bunk and cots can be provided if requested. Suites in the ASCOT VILLA can be booked individually, or combined for larger groups. Enquire for further info about prices or to find out which suite is the most suited for your purpose and for sleeping your required number of persons ...moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- African Suite has large full bathroom with bath and shower and toilet in the main bedroom . Shower plus toilet in the second bedroom . Mountain Suite has large full bathroom with bath and shower and toilet . Fountain Suite has large full bathroom with bath and shower and toilet . Private entrance doors to bath room is from both bedroom and also from lounge . We supply bath towels and toilet rolls but do not provide swimming towels . the 3 suites ASCOT VILLA Suites can be booked separately or combined for larger groups . Enquire for further info about prices or to find out which suite is the most suited for your purpose and for sleeping your required number of persons ...moreless
- Guests have free access to 2 computers and free Wifi internet in all units . Library , laundry , and a swimming pool with sun lounges . Library , and tourist brochures and info on restaurants and things to do in Cape Town . An ironing board and an iron is provided in each suite . The units are not serviced daily , but bath towels , dish cloths , toilet rolls , dish washing liquid and garbage bags are checked and replaced whenever necessary . For long stays , we service the unit every 7 days , and replace bed linen and towels . We ask guests to assist us with our recycling program . This raises funds for local schools . Opposite Ascot Gardens is a play ground with children's swings and slide ....moreless
- Books - Fiction / Non-Fiction
- Audio Tape Player
- Video Player
- CD Player
- Laundrette - Not Serviced
- Botanical Garden
- Recreation Centre
- Theme Parks
- Live Theatre
- Rain Forests
- Winery Tours
- Autumn Foliage
- Whale Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horse Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
local services and businesses
- Laundrette - Serviced
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fitness Centre
- Near The Sea
sports and adventure activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Equestrian Events
- Surf Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Freshwater Fishing
- Bay Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Fly Fishing
- Golf Pass Optional
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Child's Highchair
forms of payment
- Accepts Credit Card
- Iron & Board
- Sofa Bed
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Activities Guide
- Hair Dryer
- Security System
- Alarm Clock
- Local Activities Guide
- Linens Provided:
- Broadband Access:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Parking Off Street:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Gated Community
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Golf Cart
- Golf Clubs
- Child's Swing
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
ReviewsWrite a review
Booked 7 villas for three weeks as base for our wedding party.Thrilled with quality of accomodation,security,flexibility(arranging a wedding from oversease was tricky), and welcolm from Barry and Lesley.Every effort made to accomodate our requests. Good for allowing young children freedom of property without worrying, all hazards enclosed.Barry runs a tight ship but everything runs like clockwork. Will deffinately be returning to stay soon.
- Guest brides mother (London)
- Date of stay 02/07/09
- Review Submitted 04/25/09
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, pet owners, age 55+.
Owner response: This family wedding group consisted of 24 persons, including the Bride and Groom, their parents, family relations, friends as well as children and a baby. They occupied the complete ASCOT VILLA , which sleeps up to 12 persons ,and also rented other suites on the ASCOT GARDENS property. Their different arrival and departure times were as per their individual travel circumstances . The diffferent sized and also sleeping options of the ASCOT GARDENS suites , plus with the the cost per night being charged per suite and not per person, ensured that guests enjoyed "Great Value for Money Paid " Guests were able to enjoy the privacy of their own suite if required and also participate in the many group get togethers and BBQS ,both before and after the wedding day . ASCOT VILLA AND ASCOT GARDENS SELF CATERING SUITES are an ideal base close to Cape Town, for wedding groups,large groups traveling together, sports tours or events or family reunions.
Our visit to Ascot Gardens was within a party of 9 people all of whom were impressed by the surroundings, location,cleanliness, security and the convenience of local amenities. In our experience a car would be desirable as some of the attractions would be only accessed by road. No visit to Cape Town would be complete without a visit to Table Mountain, but make sure you select a clear day. Also if time allows, a visit to the Acquilla safari park would be a 'must do'. There are discounts available from The Waterfront in Cape Town. My party are in no doubt that we should be in the vicinity again, Ascot Gardens would be the desired accomodation
- Guest Barry & Tina (London/England)
- Date of stay 04/03/09
- Review Submitted 05/04/09
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Great place to stay for in Bergvliet
Great place to stay for in Bergvliet
I would definitely recommend this property to others. The layout was efficient and well planned. Facilities were good - lovely cool pool, internet available (which was a bit slow, but I suppose I am used to the speed of cable), and beautiful gardens which were so peaceful. Flatlets were clean, well appointed and comfortably furnished, with all amenities. We felt quite safe and relaxed, with the secure perimeter and secure parking. Our hosts, Barry and Lesley provided great service. It really was a home from home.
- Guest Tiggs (North Vancouver, Canada)
- Date of stay 02/20/09
- Review Submitted 04/27/09
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 - Dec 13, 2013
2 night min stay
Dec 14 - Jan 7, 2014
4 night min stay
Jan 8 - Apr 21, 2014
3 night min stay
Apr 22 - Oct 31, 2014
2 night min stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (S African Rands) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates:
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Cape Town at 15 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: V& A Waterfront at 15 Miles
- Nearest Train: Heathfield at 1 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: M39 Ladies Mile off M3 Motorway at 2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Muizenberg and Hout Bay at 8 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: The Tavern at 1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Steenberg, Royal Cape And Westlake Golf Course at 4 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Louis on the Block at 200 Metres
Year Purchased: 1996
About the owner: Your Hosts @ ASCOT GARDENS - Barry and Lesley Edkins, 8 Eksteen Avenue, Bergvliet Born in the Baby Boomer decade (post 2nd World War) both hosts are originally from Johannesburg where they completed their schooling. A shipboard romance on the Cape Town Castle when sailing from Cape Town to England in 1967 led to the couple marrying in 1969 and settling down first in Durban until 1972 and from where they then spent 5 years in Zimbabwe, living in both Bulawayo and Harare. Since the closure of Barrys clothing factory in October 2005, Barry has been marketing and managing ASCOT GARDENS. At ASCOT GARDENS, Barry is responsible for marketing, reservations, payments and maintenance;and for ensuring that the money trees continually bear fruit which then enables Lesley to present our guests with immaculate and stunning gardens throughout the year, and accommodation considered the best value for money self catering accommodation in the Constantia Valley We live on the property in our own private corner house and from there manage the 1 acre property consisting of the ASCOT GARDENS SELF CATERING garden suites . Ascot Gardens often has open days and the money raised is donated to worthy charity.
Why the Owner Chose Cape Town:
Barry’s work in the Clothing Industry led to a move from Zimbabwe to Cape Town in 1977 and the purchase of the original ASCOT HOUSE, 6 EKSTEEN AVENUE, BERGVLIET in 1979. In 1996, when their 3 children Grant, Scott and Angie finally left home, Ascot House was subdivided into 3 separate private self catering suites and the ASCOT GARDENS self catering venture was born. In 2001, a property at the back of Ascot House was purchased and rebuilt and opened for guests in December 2001 as ASCOT LODGE, 17 JEFFCOAT AVENUE, also offering 3 private self catering suites. NOVEMBER 2004 marked the opening of another adjoining property ASCOT VILLA, 30 HIDDINGH ROAD, a luxury house/villa that sleeps 11 or can be utilized as 3 separate private self catering suites. ASCOT MEWS, 28 HIDDINGH ROAD, was opened to guests in July 2005. Conversion of single house to 3 private self catering suites was completed and offers guests s/c accommodation for up to 10 guests. In 2013 units have being refurnished and new fully equipped kitchens provided for JACK, QUEEN AND POOLSIDE SUITES
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
Barry is a keen golfer, and also a partner with son Scott, in Ascot Tours specializing in Golf Tours, hotel accommodation, safaris, car hire and travel throughout Southern Africa. Barry enjoys drinking good red wine, and his occasional over indulgence has often spoilt a good Thai or fish barbeque meal that he has prepared for his invited friends or ASCOT GARDENS guests. Lesley is a workaholic and when she is not working personally in the garden, oversees Michael, the gardener, Mary the maid, she does some house keeping. Barry can advise and pass on local information of where to shop and visit attractions.He can recommend good value local restaurants, and provide daily weather predictions . Lesley is always willing to assist fellow gardeners with advice. as well as being able to name every one of her gardens hundreds of plants, shrubs and flowers to her Ascot Gardens guests and visitors. Now a grandmother for the sixth time, one wonders how Lesley manages to cope, but she does, especially when she kicks Barry's butt out of bed in the morning and gets him to help her with her many responsibilities!
- Primary: +0027 (0)21 7151509 Kindly do not phone between 10pm and 7 am SA TIME
- Fax: +0027 (0)21 7151509
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - STANDARD SUITES FOR 1 OR 2 PERSONS FROM R 390/UNIT/NIGHT
- CLICK HERE - DELUXE SUITES FOR SLEEPING 2 OR 3/4 PERSONS FROM R790/UNIT/NIGHT
- CLICK HERE - HOLIDAY HOUSES AND VILLAS FOR SLEEPING 10-14 PERSONS FROM R1990/HOUSE R
- CLICK HERE - 2 OR 3 BEDROOM HOUSE FOR SLEEPING 4-8 PERSONS FROM R990/NIGHT/HOUSE
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Luxury African Suite lounge in Ascot Villa
Std Jack and Superour Queen Suite outdoor patios
Deluxe Fountain Suite bathroom in Ascot Villa
Standard, 1st floor Mountain Suite in Ascot Villa
Luxury African Suite lounge area in Ascot Villa
Rock and pool feature
Lounge / dining area in Superour Queen suite
African and Fountain Suite view from Ascot Villa
Deluxe Fountain Suite patio at Ascot Villa
Views from Standard Mountain Suite in Ascot Villa
Children's play park opposite
View of garden
View of garden
Patio and garden
5 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
+0027 (0)21 7151509
Kindly do not phone between 10pm and 7 am SA TIME
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.