Affordable Self Catering Accommodation in Constantia Valley, Cape Town - Ascot Villa in Constantia Valley , Southern Suburbs , Cape Town
You sent a message to this owner.
- Ascot Gardens Self Catering Suites, Cottages and Houses in Constantia
1 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 2
- Ascot Villa in Constantia Valley , Southern Suburbs , Cape Town
5 BR / 4 BA / Sleeps 14
- 3 Bedroom 2 Bathroom Holiday House Constantia Cape Town, Sleep 5-8
3 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 8
- Deluxe 1 Bedroom Bungalow , sleep 2-4 persons in Constantia Cape Town
1 BR / 1 BA / Sleeps 4
- Minimum stay:2-6 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Cape Town villa description
Ascot Gardens self catering Cottages , Suites and Holiday House and Villa can sleep 2 - 24 persons .
Situated in the quiet and peaceful and safe Cape Town residential southern suburb of Bergvliet, in the Constantia Valley.
Ascot Gardens central position in Cape Town Constantia Southern Suburbs is an ideal base for visiting and seeing Cape Towns many attractions.
The Airport,V &A Waterfront, Fish Hoek and Hout Bay Beaches and Table Mountain are 20 minutes drive away and Kirstenbosch Gardens and Constantia Wine Estates are 10 minutes away .
Within walking distance of Ascot Gardens, is a local shopping center , super markets, rail station, and 6 good local restaurants.
Ascot Gardens offers private garden suites and Cottages and Villas and Holiday houses of various sizes , for sleeping from 2 -8 persons and up to 24 persons on the entire property .
Ascot Gardens ‘Home from Home’ 3 Star Graded Self Catering , is inspected every year by the Tourist Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA). Latest approval was on 8 October 2013. This your guarantee that the accommodation provided, is equal or better than international standards.
All units surrounded by beautiful gardens. (As featured on BBCTv Gardeners World program.)
• Free WiFi internet and Skype. to all units
• Private entrance to each unit.
• Private patio with table and chairs surrounded by a beautiful garden
Fully furnished and equipped including bed linen, bath towels and toilet rolls.
•Premium DSTv Television and DVD.
Dish washers in larger deluxe suites and Villas and Holiday houses .
• Music centers , bedside clock radio.
• Private BBQ facilities.
• Secure , off street parking behind remote controlled entrance gates.
• Safe and ceiling fans in bedrooms and lounges.
• Iron and ironing board
• Laundry .Wash lines for smalls in bathrooms
• Library providing novels , magazines and tourist info brochures and maps, and 2 guest use computers
• Shared swimming pool , sun lounges for sun bathing either around pool or outside your own suite.
Ascot Garden is an Ideal base for tourists or business man visiting and requiring affordable self catering accommodation in the vicinity of Cape Town.
Bergvliet is a quiet safe tree lined Cape Town Southern
Suburb in the Constantia wine growing area , only 16 klms from City Center.
The Constantia Wine route, Constantia Shopping Village, Blue Route shopping center and Constantiaberg Medi Clinic are 5 minutes away.
Kirstenbosch Gardens , Muizenberg Beach , Cavendish Square , Newlands cricket and rugby stadiums , Westlake , Steenberg and Royal Cape Golf Clubs , are 15 minutes drive away.
The Airport , V&A Waterfront , Table Mountain ,Cape Town City Centre , Fish Hoek and Hout Bay beach , Simonstown, Penguins at Boulders, Canal Walk shopping , Clovelly Golf club are 25 min away.
Camps Bay , Clifton beach and Chapman's Peak Drive are 35 min drive away.
Stellenbosch Wine Route , Cape Point Nature Reserve , Noordhoek , Somerset West , Franschhoek are reached within 50 min.
Hermanus , the Aquila Big 5 Game Reserve and Shark Cage Diving in Gansbaai , are 2-3 hrs drive away.
Ascot Villa in Constantia Valley , Southern Suburbs , Cape Town : Cape Town, Western Cape Vacation Rental by Owner Listing 406846ha
Ascot Villa has its own private entrance with secure off street parking for 3 cars and garage parking for 1 car. Ascot Villa consists of 3 adjoining and connected private units and can be rented as one house or part , sleeping from 8 up to 14 persons. Luxury African suite (144m2 and the main unit ) is furnished in African décor , including leather couches and sleeps 2 to 6 in two bedrooms both en suite. Large kitchen and pantry with dish washer ,stove and modern appliances , dining table seating 12. Mountain suite (40m2) is Internally connected to African suite or own private entrance and is 1st floor bed sitter suite , sleeping 2/3 Adjoining Fountain suite (87m2) , sleeps 2 to 5, has bedroom , open plan lounge , kitchen , dining area , outdoor patio with table and chairs. All 3 Ascot Villa s/c suites are fully furnished and equipped and have free WiFi, satellite DSTV , DVD , music center , iron and board , fans , safe . Shared swimming pool with sun lounger , library laundry .
- 271 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 12-14
- African Suite has queen size bed in main bedroom ( plus extra single bed if required) and 2 or 3 single beds in 2nd bedroom ( and or double bunk ) Mountain Suite has 2 single beds.( and or extra single bed ) Fountain Suite has 2 single beds in bedroom ( plus extra single bed if required ) A Queen bed or 2 single beds placed in lounge as required Queen or single beds ,double bunk and cots can be provided if requested. Suites in the ASCOT VILLA can be booked individually, or combined for larger groups. Enquire for further info about prices or to find out which suite is the most suited for your purpose and for sleeping your required number of persons ...moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- African Suite has large full bathroom with bath and shower and toilet in the main bedroom . Shower plus toilet in the second bedroom . Mountain Suite has large full bathroom with bath and shower and toilet . Fountain Suite has large full bathroom with bath and shower and toilet . Private entrance doors to bath room is from both bedroom and also from lounge . We supply bath towels, hand towels and toilet rolls but do not provide swimming towels , face cloths or soap . The 3 suites ASCOT VILLA Suites can be booked separately or combined for larger groups . Enquire for further info about prices or to find out which suite is the most suited for your purpose and for sleeping your required number of persons ...moreless
- Entire ASCOT VILLA is ideal for larger groups and families .and priced at from R 2520 to sleep 8-14 persons African and Fountain suites only can sleep 6- 11 persons @ from R 1990/ night African and Mountain suites can sleep 6- 8 persons @ from R1680/night Guests have free access to 2 computers and free Wifi internet in all units . Library , laundry , and a swimming pool with sun lounges . Library , and tourist brochures and info on restaurants and things to do in Cape Town . An ironing board and an iron is provided in each suite . The units are not serviced daily , but bath towels , dish cloths , toilet rolls , dish washing liquid and garbage bags are checked and replaced whenever necessary . For long stays , we service the unit every 7 days , and replace bed linen and towels . We ask guests to assist us with our recycling program . This raises funds for local schools . Opposite Ascot Gardens is a play ground with children's swings and slide ...moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Adults
- Holiday Resort
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
- Rain Forests
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
African dining room area and table inside seating 12 and outside on patio African seating 8 , Fountain seating 4 on dining table and 4 outside on patio Mountain seating 3 and 3 on 1st floor patio ...moreless
- Dining Area
- Seating for 12 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Broadband Access:
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Computer Available:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Parking Off Street:
- Security System
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- 2 Ring Stove
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Child's Swing
- Gated Community
- Golf Cart
- Golf Clubs
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Outdoor Grill Gas
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool:
- Outdoor Pool
Forms Of Payment
- Accept Credit Card
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - Oct 31, 2014
2 night min stay
EARLY SUMMER 2014
Nov 1 - Dec 12, 2014
3 night min stay
SUMMER PEAK 2014
Dec 13 - Jan 10, 2015
6 night min stay
Jan 11 - Apr 30, 2015
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Taxes Included
Price from R 2520/night , is for BOOKING ENTIRE ASCOT VILLA , consisting of African , Mountain and Fountain suites and for sleeping 8 -14 people,
Price from R 1990/n for African and Fountain suites to sleep 6-11 persons
Price from R 1680/n for African and Mountain suites to sleep 6-8 persons
MAY - NOVEMBER SPECIAL
For every 6 nights booked 1 night will be free
DISCOUNT FOR LONG STAYS
Deposit of 33% is due to confirm the booking
Balance due before or soon after arrival
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 4 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Bergvliet is a quiet peaceful tree lined Cape Town residential Southern Suburb in the Constantia Valley.
Ideally situated within 30 minutes drive of Cape Town Peninsula's many attractions.
Within walking distance is a local Shopping Center, rail station, and 6 good local restaurants.
The Constantia Wine Route, including Groot Constantia, the oldest wine farm in South Africa and Constantia Village shopping center , and La Colombe Restaurant are 5 minutes drive from ASCOT GARDENS .
Kirstenbosch Gardens, Muizenberg Beach, Cavendish Square Shopping , Newlands cricket and rugby stadiums, Westlake, Steenberg and Royal Cape Golf Clubs, are 15 minutes drive away.
The Airport, V&A Waterfront, Table Mountain,Cape Town City Centre, Fish Hoek and Hout Bay beach, Penguins at Boulders , Simonstown and Clovelly Golf Club are 25 minutes away.
Camps Bay, Clifton beach and Chapman's Peak Drive are 35 minutes drive away.
Stellenbosch Wine Route, Cape Point Nature Reserve, Noordhoek, Somerset West and Franschhoek can be reached within 50 minutes.
Hermanus, Aquila Big 5 Game Reserve, Shark cage Diving ,are 2 hours away.
Year Purchased: 1996
About the owner: Your Hosts @ ASCOT GARDENS - Barry and Lesley Edkins, 8 Eksteen Avenue, Bergvliet Born in the Baby Boomer decade (post 2nd World War) both hosts are originally from Johannesburg where they completed their schooling. A shipboard romance on the Cape Town Castle when sailing from Cape Town to England in 1967 led to the couple marrying in 1969 and settling down first in Durban until 1972 and from where they then spent 5 years in Zimbabwe, living in both Bulawayo and Harare. Since the closure of Barrys clothing factory in October 2005, Barry has been marketing and managing ASCOT GARDENS. At ASCOT GARDENS, Barry is responsible for marketing, reservations, payments and maintenance;and for ensuring that the money trees continually bear fruit which then enables Lesley to present our guests with immaculate and stunning gardens throughout the year, and accommodation considered the best value for money self catering accommodation in the Constantia Valley We live on the property in our own private corner house and from there manage the 1 acre property consisting of the ASCOT GARDENS SELF CATERING garden suites . Ascot Gardens often has open days to show off our lovely gardens , and the money raised is donated to worthy charity.
Why the Owner Chose Cape Town:
Barry’s work in the Clothing Industry led to a move from Zimbabwe to Cape Town in 1977 and the purchase of the original ASCOT HOUSE, 6 EKSTEEN AVENUE, BERGVLIET in 1979. In 1996, when their 3 children Grant, Scott and Angie finally left home, Ascot House was subdivided into 3 separate private self catering suites and the ASCOT GARDENS self catering venture was born. In 2001, a property at the back of Ascot House was purchased and rebuilt and opened for guests in December 2001 as ASCOT LODGE, 17 JEFFCOAT AVENUE, also offering 3 private self catering suites. NOVEMBER 2004 marked the opening of another adjoining property ASCOT VILLA, 30 HIDDINGH ROAD, a luxury house/villa that sleeps 11 or can be utilized as 3 separate private self catering suites. ASCOT MEWS, 28 HIDDINGH ROAD, was opened to guests in July 2005. Conversion of single house to 3 private self catering suites was completed and offers guests s/c accommodation for up to 10 guests. In July 2013 units were refurnished and new fully equipped kitchens provided for JACK, QUEEN AND POOLSIDE SUITES
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
Barry is a keen golfer, and also a partner with son Scott, in Ascot Tours specializing in Golf Tours, hotel accommodation, safaris, car hire and travel throughout Southern Africa. Barry enjoys drinking good red wine, and his occasional over indulgence has often spoilt a good Thai or fish barbeque meal that he has prepared for his invited friends or ASCOT GARDENS guests. Lesley is a workaholic and when she is not working personally in the garden, oversees Michael, the gardener, Mary the maid, Albert the maintenance man, she does some house keeping. Barry can advise and pass on local information of where to shop and visit attractions.He can recommend good value local restaurants, and provide daily weather predictions . Lesley is always willing to assist fellow gardeners with advice. as well as being able to name every one of her gardens hundreds of plants, shrubs and flowers to her Ascot Gardens guests and visitors. Now a grandmother for the sixth time, one wonders how Lesley manages to cope, but she does, especially when she kicks Barry's butt out of bed in the morning and gets him to help her with her many responsibilities!
- Primary: +27 217151509 Kindly do not phone between 10pm and 7 am SA TIME
- Fax: +27 (0)21 7151509
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - STANDARD SUITES FOR 1 OR 2 PERSONS FROM R 500/UNIT/NIGHT
- CLICK HERE - DELUXE SUITES FOR SLEEPING 2 OR 3/4 PERSONS FROM R840/UNIT/NIGHT
- CLICK HERE - 2 OR 3 BEDROOM HOUSE FOR SLEEPING 4-8 PERSONS FROM R1050/NIGHT/2 Bedroom HOUSE
- CLICK HERE - HOLIDAY HOUSES AND VILLAS FOR SLEEPING 10-14 PERSONS FROM R2180/HOUSE
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Lounge in 2 bedroom 2 bathroom African suite in Ascot Villa .
Std Jack and Superour Queen Suite outdoor patios
Deluxe Fountain Suite bathroom in Ascot Villa
Standard, 1st floor Mountain Suite in Ascot Villa
Luxury African Suite lounge area in Ascot Villa
Rock and pool feature
Lounge of 3 Bedroom 2 Bathroom house that can sleep 4 to 6 or maximum 8 persons
Lounge / dining area in Superour Queen suite
African and Fountain Suite view from Ascot Villa
Deluxe Fountain Suite patio at Ascot Villa
Views from Standard Mountain Suite in Ascot Villa
Children's play park opposite
View of garden
View of garden
Patio and garden
5 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
- Calendar last updated 06/04/2014
Kindly do not phone between 10pm and 7 am SA TIME
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.