Classic Lake Michigan Cottage with Breathtaking Sunsets
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Manistee cottage description
This is a classic cottage along the shoreline of Lake Michigan. It was built in 1924 and is a seasonal cottage which we offer for rent during the months of June, July and August. It has a large, wrapping screened porch which looks out on Lake Michigan and is furnished with our family's antique wicker furniture. Wile away the hours sitting in one of the porch rockers with a good book , watch the boaters and sunbathers, or grab a beach chair and enjoy Fifth Avenue Beach which is at your doorstep. You'll want to take a dip in the crystal clear waters of Lake Michigan and walk the shore looking for Petoskey stones. The U.S. Coast Guard station is steps away, as well as the lighthouse and pier for a leisurely walk and catching a glimpse of a freighter entering the channel.
Keywords: Classic Fifth Avenue Beach summer cottage with vintage wicker on the wrap-around screened porch to enjoy all of the passing Lake Michigan boat traffic. Just across the street from beach bath house, snack bar, playground, tennis courts and catwalked pier and lighthouse.
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
Bath towels, hand towels, sheets, kitchen towels,dish cloths, hot pads provided, . We also provide basic starter products (hand soap, toilet paper in bath, paper toweling, hand soap and soap in kitchen for dishwasher, coffee filters, some basic cleaning detergents such as windex, soft soap and cleaning equipment:, garbage bags) as well as ancillary equipment to assist you during your stay: vacuum cleaner, broom/dustpan,iron and ironing board...moreless
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Gas Fireplace
- Beach chairs provided, as are two bicycles (one men's , one women's). Cottage includes ancillary appliances such as toaster, toaster oven, waffle iron, blender, crockpot, coffee pot, popcorn popper, ceiling fans in bedrooms and kitchen dining area. Yes, there is a hairdryer in the bathroom. Just pack your bags and come and enjoy the beachfront. If you need to do laundry, there is a laundramat around the corner which offers "free soap" to patrons. ...moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
There is a phone with answering machine in the cottage. 231-723-9843 for your use (don't try to contact the landlord using this 203 N. Lakeshore Drive cottage phone number. It is used only by those physically renting the cottage)...moreless
- Free Long Distance
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Basketball Court
- Live Theater
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Ludington is 30 minutes away and has a turn of the century car ferry which travels daily across Lake Michigan to Wisconsin. There is also a scenic boat trip in Frankfurt, Michigan along the Sleeping Bear Dunes shoreline. Manistee has wonderful area golf courses. Arcadia Bluffs, along the shores of Lake Michigan and just a short drive, is one of the highest rated courses in the U.S. Are you a Gambler? Little River Casino is in Manistee. Try your luck or see one of their shows which offer a variety of renown entertainers. Interlochen is also within a few miles with a lovely venue of concerts and artists during the summer months. City of Manistee offers concerts at Veterans Park and Douglas Park during the week and there is a Farmers Market each Saturday in the park adjacent to Oleson's grocery store. You can also flag down the trolley in front of the cottage for your historic tour of Manistee. Wine tasting? Douglas Valley in Onekama (an old carriage stop) is a fun spot....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Just what I needed
Just what I needed
The cottage was more spacious than expected. Beds and bedrooms are small but with ample closet & drawers. Kitchen is well equipped, we ate most meals on the breezy wrap-around porch. All was in good repair. Terrific beach! Cell phone coverage was difficult and land-line phone can only be used for local calls. Free Wi-Fi from beach house was good. The owner was very helpful and friendly & provided personal written reviews of local restaurants, businesses and attractions.
- Guest Cottage Gardener (Duluth, Minnesota)
- Date of stay 08/04/12
- Review Submitted 08/16/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, romantic getaway, age 55+.
THE RENTAL WEEK IS FROM SATURDAY TO SATURDAY. CHECK IN 1:00PM, CHECK OUT 11:00AM RENT OF USD $1200.00 PER WEEK. DEPOSIT OF $600.00 REQUIRED TO HOLD RENTAL. CANCELLATION MAY RESULT IN DEPOSIT LOSS. BALANCE DUE AT CHECK IN. CHECK IN/KEY PICK-UP AT 101 N. LAKESHORE DRIVE. RENTERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO THE PREMISES EITHER BY THEMSELVES OR THEIR GUESTS AND MAY BE REQUIRED TO PAY FOR THE REPAIR/REPLACEMENT OF DAMAGED/ MISSING ITEMS. PILLOWS, BLANKETS, BED LINENS,TOWELS PROVIDED. PETS AND SMOKING ARE NOT ALLOWED. 2 DOUBLE BEDS, ONE QUEEN SOFABED. THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF TENANTS/OCCUPANTS IS 6
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
WIFI is available at the 5th Avenue Beach Bathhouse, which is just across the street (and the signal can generally be picked up from the cottage's porch). The Bathhouse also features Eddie D's Beach and Eat with "from the grill" items such as hot dogs, burgers, and brats , assorted specialty sandwiches, South of the Border tacos, fajitas and nachos. Dinners: Rib, Chicken, Fish or Shrimp dinners.
- Primary: 616 656 9420
- Secondary: 616 540 4536
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front of cottage. Wooden blinds lift up to expose screened porch.
North Porch. Bedroom sliders. Lawn Chairs for beach use against back wall
Kitchen view and hallway to bedrooms and bath
Kitchen and Dining Room.
Bedroom 1. Sliders to North Porch
Bathroom has tub with shower
Freighter leaving Manistee Channel at sunset
Fifth Avenue Beach Bathhouse and Snack Bar. Playground and Tennis Courts
Front of porch. Cottage faces West towards lake. Bedrooms on North porch side.
South Porch. Gas grill on cement pad off South porch
Living Room. T.V. is now a flat screen w/DVD. Sofa is a queen sleeper
Bedroom 2. Sliders to North Porch
Fishing boats in Manistee Channel with Coast Guard Station and Pier/Lighthouse
Freighter in Manistee channel. Scenic riverwalk in foreground
Fifth Avenue Beach - Pier and Lighthouse
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.