Serene Casita, Historic Arts Village Nr Santa Fe, Sky & Stars
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Galisteo house description
Being just outside Santa Fe it is far enough away to see the big sky & star filled skies at night, to enjoy the serenity and clean air, but close enough to zip into Santa Fe to sample the unique cultural and artistic opportunities, the history, absolutely the great food & drink!
Imagine waking to a magnificent blue sky and mountain view through the french doors of the large bedroom, or going to sleep with a view of the star-filled sky and the sound of coyotes in the distance; step into the stone tiled bathroom w/ glass shower that feels like the outdoors; enjoy the fully appointed open great room (living, dining, kitchen) w/ vaulted ceiling & wood-burning fireplace. Many who visit end up just sitting on the back portal, watching the clouds float across the sky.
Use the guidebook your host has put together to select restaurants, take one of several scenic drives into Santa Fe, plan a day trip to historic sites, arts towns, pueblos, or a bracing day hike or other outdoor activity. Your host is very knowledgeable of the area and available to assist you with directions or planning.
Keywords: Casita, Historic, Private, Quiet, near Santa Fe, Luxurious, Spacious, great location for day trips
- Vacation Rental
- Limited Accessibility
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
- Queen size Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Wood Fireplace:
- The house comes with a self-inflating Aero-bed queen air mattress (sleeps 2) and the semi-circular leather couch is wide enough for sleeping a younger child. There are ceiling fans in all rooms and an IPod docking station is included. This property is situated on 40 acres, located very privately several hundred feet from the main house - a benefit as the owner is usually available to assist with reservations, directions and daytrip advice. Galisteo is one of the oldest villages in the USA, founded as part of the Spanish conquest and prior to that inhabited for centuries by the Tewa Indians. Today it is an artists colony and many of the people who live there are famous painters, sculptors, writers as well as many involved in the local artisan scene. In October the local artists open their studios for the internationally known Galisteo Studio Tour. Summer in nearby Santa Fe sees many festivals, including the Indian & Spanish Markets, world renowned Opera, the Wine & Chile festival, etc....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- Music Library:
- CD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
- Rock Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Fitness Center
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Uniquely located in big ranch country near both major highways - 285 & 40 - for quick access to Santa Fe, Taos or Albuquerque, the Turquoise Trail, and many nearby historic & arts towns - perfect for that invigorating daytrip and then return to a tranquil pin-drop quiet retreat. Spend the day wandering downtown Santa Fe, the museums and galleries, or Canyon road, enjoy a a meal at an exceptional restaurant, and relax back at Casa Suenos. Or just stay at the Casa, bar-b-q, inhale the clean air and watch the clouds go by! During the major festivals when 10's of thousands descend upon Santa Fe a wonderful location to leave the crowds behind at the end of the day........moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
$125 p/night with a 3 night minimum; $750 p/week (6 nights) additional $50 non-refundable deposit 50% due upon booking & balance due 30 days prior to arrival: check or cash
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
About the owner: A "retired" corporate exec who has lived in 5 countries and a dozen cities, speaks several languages, and is very involved in local government & conservation activities. Roger has a studio in which he practices traditional & non-traditional tinworking, has an extensive garden and small fruit orchard, and hikes frequently with his two very sweet dogs.
Why the Owner Chose Galisteo:
Its within 20 minutes of Santa FE, so has easy access to all the amenities but because it is outside the city does not have any of the light pollution which interferes with the night skies. And, altho the many festivals are much fun, it is also nice to jump in, enjoy fully, and then leave the crowds behind and drive away to a peaceful retreat.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The views are breathtaking from all vantages - I never tire of walking with the dogs in the early morning and drinking in the mountains & big sky. There are many hiking & biking opportunities in the immediate area; close to the Turquoise Trail and historic towns, day trips, and other locations; close to seasonal athletic activities such as skiing & white water rafting.
- Primary: 505-466-3469
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front entry & portal
vaulted beam ceiling
stone-tiled bath w/ "invisible" glass shower
Kitchen & dining area
Living & Kitchen areas
Bedroom w/ queen bed
wall of 4 french doors facing the bed
private bedroom portal
the high mountain desert
the winter view
Higgins & Winston
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, March 29, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.