Inviting Tropical Home & Sparkling Private Pool! Only 10 Minutes to Beaches!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Merritt Island house description
Carol's Island Home is a special place for your family to enjoy a wonderful relaxing stay on beautiful, tropical Merritt Island in Brevard County, Florida's Space Coast.
Our home is centrally located in a safe, quiet family neighborhood, close to beaches (a 10 minute drive), shopping, dining, water sports, nightlife and more! World famous Cocoa Beach, Port Canaveral, and Kennedy Space Center are only minutes away.
Our home is clean and well maintained. It has a lovely tropical living room overlooking the private, screened swimming pool and patio, a cozy den, a fully equipped kitchen, four comfortable bedrooms and two bathrooms. Wi-Fi, TV cable, bed linens, bath and pool towels are provided.
During your stay here you will always have something fun and interesting to do within a short drive! Brevard County is packed with for things to do. Explore Kennedy Space Center's Visitor's Center, Cross the bridge to Port Canaveral's 'The Cove' with waterfront restaurants, fresh seafood, live music, night life, deep sea fishing and cruise ship gazing. Merritt Island is abundant in wildlife such as manatees, dolphins, alligators and coastal and migratory birds.
Both Orlando International and Melbourne International Airports are a forty minute drive.
It is easy to take a day trip from our home to Orlando's attractions such as Walt Disney World, Epcot Center, MGM and Universal Studios, Medieval Times, Wet n' Wild, Sea World, Lego Land, or Discovery Cove where you can swim with dolphins. Most Orlando attractions are just 50 minutes to one hour away.
Keywords: Merritt Island Home, Cocoa Beach Home, Port Canaveral, Kennedy Space Center, Single Family Home with Swimming Pool
- 1600 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Queen size Beds (3), Twin or Single Beds (2), Queen Sleep Sofa (1)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Towels Provided:
- Living Room seats 5:
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Parking Off Street
- Iron & Board
- Air Conditioning
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Pier Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Gambling Casinos
- Bird Watching
- Birding trails, Charter fishing, Churches, Cruise ships, Deep sea fishing, Flea markets. Go-carting, Live entertainment, Marinas, Medical services, Miniature golf, Parks & playgrounds, River & wildlife cruises, Rocket launch viewing, Sea turtle viewing, Wildlife viewing & preserves, Zoo & wildlife parks. During your stay here you will always have something fun and interesting to do within a short drive! Explore Kennedy Space Center's Visitor's Center, take a bus tour or sign your kids up for Space Camp. Watch rocket launches from anywhere in the area! Cross the bridge to Port Canaveral's 'The Cove', which boasts of waterfront restaurants, fresh seafood, live music, night life, deep sea fishing and cruise ship gazing. Spend the day at Jetty Park's beach, playground, fishing and walking pier. Visit world famous Ron Jon's Surf Shop and Cocoa Beach Pier. Enjoy birds, dolphins, manatees and other wildlife at every turn. Enjoy a movie or shop at Merritt Square Mall just minutes away or cross to the mainland and shop, dine and stroll in Historic Cocoa Village on the Indian River. Launch your boat at nearby Kelly Park, Kiwanis Island Park or at many other area marinas. Learn to Jet Ski, paddle board, surf, windsurf or rent jet skis for a day of fun! Visit the Dinosaur Store's educational arcade and wildlife room on Cocoa Beach. Merritt Island and the surrounding area is abundant in wildlife such as manatees, dolphins, alligators and costal and migratory birds. Stroll along Ulumay Bird Sanctuary, explore Cape Canaveral National Seashore and Mosquito Lagoon, meander through Black Pointe Wildlife Drive, or visit Manatee Park. Experience an evening watching sea turtles laying eggs, spy eagles nesting in tree tops and dolphins playing in the waters. It is Easy to take a day trip from our home to Orlando's attractions such as Walt Disney World, Epcot Center, MGM or Universal Studios, Medieval Times, Wet n' Wild, Sea World, Lego Land, or Discovery Cove where you can swim with dolphins. Most Orlando attractions are just 50 minutes to one hour away. Florida is known as the Sunshine State and truly lives up to its name. Merritt Island has constant refreshing ocean breezes and offers a mild climate, which averages 70 - 85 degrees most of the year. Whether you come summer, winter, spring or fall, you will love it! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Carol's summer home
Carol's summer home
Our vacation was amazing. Carol's summer home was fabulous. Very comfortable, rookie and secure. We had eight in our party and there were personal things for the kids. (Books, games, pool toys). We will return! Thank you!
- Guest Becky (Cerro Gordo, il USA)
- Date of stay 07/08/13
- Review Submitted 07/20/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, adventure seekers, sightseeing, age 55+.
Owner response: Thank you so much, Becky, for taking the time to write a review of our home. I am so glad that your family was comfortable and close to your relatives that live on Merritt Island. Thank you for treating our home as you would your own. It was so pleasant working and speaking with you. Your family is welcome back anytime! I will be returning your damage deposit this week. Carol
From ColoradoGuest comment entered by owner
We loved staying here! Thank you for a most comfortable home away from home!
- Guest M, S, L, & J from Colorado
- Date of stay 01/28/13
- Review Submitted 06/06/13
From VermontGuest comment entered by owner
Your house was fantastic! Very relaxing & beautiful.
- Guest B & T from Vermont
- Date of stay 02/16/13
- Review Submitted 06/06/13
Our family weekend getaway at Carol's Island Home was wonderful. We found the home to be extremely comfortable and clean, the tropical furnishings and setting were lovely, and everything we needed was provided. The owner was conscientious in answering our questions ahead of time which helped ensure a delightful stay for us, our children and our grandchildren. I would certainly recommend Carol's Island Home .. you won't be disappointed. .
- Guest tropical traveler (Orlando, Florida)
- Date of stay 10/19/12
- Review Submitted 01/05/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, people with disabilities, girls getaway, adventure seekers, sightseeing, age 55+.
Owner response: Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad you and your family enjoyed your vacation at our home on Merritt Island. We appreciate the love and care you showed our home during your stay. We hope that you will come back again soon! Blessings, Carol
This property was beautiful and very clean. The pool sparkles and is well-maintained. The location is great--close to the beaches and 1 hour to all the Orlando attractions. the property is private and very comfortable with all the comforts of home. I would highly recommend this property.
- Guest BJ (Gainesville, VA)
- Date of stay 05/17/12
- Review Submitted 09/16/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, people with disabilities, girls getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
Owner response: Thank you so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay at our home. I know from our guest book how much you enjoyed the pool and going to the beach. Thank you also for being such a wonderful guest and treating our home as you would your own. Please visit again anytime! Carol
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Carol's Island Home! She had everything provided we needed AND wanted...washer/dryer, well stocked kitchen with pantry items (like brownies and canned goods):-), swimming pool with floats, balls, etc., lots of pool towels, extra sheets and blankets, 2 living rooms (one for reading and watching the kids swim through the glass doors/windows and the other for t.v./movie watchers, on and on...beautifully decorated... It was home away from home! Home without all the distractions! Only lots of FUN for the whole family. Her home provided privacy as one of the living rooms was able to be blocked off with doors to offer another "bedroom". It was PERFECT! Carol's home is a place we would like to visit again, and definitely tell of our friends to stay there! Carol was very personable to speak with on the phone...kind and considerate! Thanks Carol!
- Guest Blessings (Odenville, AL)
- Date of stay 06/22/12
- Review Submitted 07/15/12
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
Owner response: Thank you so much for such a thoughtful review! We are so happy that our home was right for you. You were wonderful, neat and considerate guests. Please come again anytime! Carol
3 months minimum Monthly $2800.00 + 11% tax $175.00 cleaning fee + 11% tax $250.00 Deposit Required to hold reservation $500.00 Damage Deposit refundable after checkout cleaning & inspection No Pets, No Smoking inside, No house parties, No renters under 25 Guests must abide by Brevard County Rules
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: Our family has been living on Merritt Island off and on for over 40 years. We still have relatives here that have never left. I grew up here watching Apollo Launches from our backyard. My father supported our family at Kennedy Space Center during the Apollo Space Program. When the program ended, we relocated, leaving two adult siblings behind. I returned to Merritt Island as a young adult, purchased a home, attended college and worked on the Space Shuttle Program, then left the area for the second time. With each move, I knew I would return home to Merritt Island. Now we are blessed to own a home on Merritt Island once more and plan to retire here. We love to go to the beach, dine at waterfront resturants, swim, observe wildlife, see awesome sunsets and sunrises and feel the constant ocean breezes! We also love the warm winters!
Why the Owner Chose Merritt Island:
We chose this home because it is located in a safe, family neighborhood, is close to our family and friends, its central location and closeness to shopping and fun things to do. It is easy to zip to the beach or Orlando.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The best thing about staying in our home is more privacy, more comfort and more room to spread out and 'do our own thing. Having a private pool just outside the back door is a wonderful luxury that is simply priceless.
- Primary: + 803-802-3820
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome to Carol's Island Home!
Large, Refreshing, Private Pool
Tropical Living Room overlooking screened pool!
Cozy Den with TV
Breakfast Area in Kitchen
Master Bedroom has a queen bed
Nautical Room recently upgraded to include two twin beds!
Tropical Room with a queen sized bed
Dream of Sailboats at Rest
Unwind at Sunset in Port Canaveral
Appreciate Art in Historic Cocoa Village
Enjoy nature at MI National Wildlife Refuge
Wonderful Screened Pool
Dining Area off kitchen, living room and pool
Fully Equipped Kitchen
Master Bedroom/Bath with Clean Towels for you!
Recently upgraded 4th bedroom to include a queen sized bed!
Guest Bath has double sinks, tub and shower.
Be Awed by Sunrise on the beach
Learn and Explore at Kennedy Space Center
Stroll Indian River Park Boardwalk
Kayaking on the Indian River
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 19, 2013
4 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.