Uk Rent a Romantic Classic 100 Ft Yacht London
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Westminster yacht description
A CLASSIC YACHT FOR THE UK Winter in The City?
How about Edith Piaf’s former love boat?
A six months rental Nov 2012-May 2013.
Have a spectacular Christmas and New Year in London.
Moored in the Famous and glamorous St, Katherine’s Dock next to historic Tower Bridge London the Flamant Rose is a luxury 100 foot classic yacht, said be the most photographed boat in the marina and the only one of her kind, there is no other like her in the world! If that wasn’t unique enough the boat is believed to have been the love boat of France’s most famous singer Edith Piaf at the time she was having an affair with the love of her life French boxing champion Marcel Cerdan. This magnificent riverboat could be found in the inland rivers moored wherever Piaf was performing.
‘This distinctive yacht is available to rent six months from November until May 2013. It is so unique and sumptuous, perfect for a people working in the city where you may want to entertain your major clients on this romantic boat steeped in history. With its huge sitting rooms and wonderful bedroom cabin that includes a gold covered full size bath. It is perfect for a couple or business executive.
Your guests or clients on the way to the Olympics can experience a very memorable lunch or a cocktail party as the marina is situated between Mayfair and the Olympic site. You won’t have to worry about the Olympic traffic jams as just a few minutes walk away is the ‘clipper’ a large elegant water taxi that will whisk you off to Canary Wharf to pick up the speed travel specially organised for games.
Flamant rose is available for the 17 days of the Olympics, July 27th August 12th.or a short break for the Queens Jubilee.
The boat is available for the Olympics, July 16th August 2nd. The Olympics can be rented for the 17 days of the Olympics, (or by the week). And/or a short break for the Queens Jubilee.
Keywords: Olympics,London,Sports,Yacht,Edith Piaf,Spectacular,Diamond Jubilee, Thames,2012,Cassic Yacht,Riverboat,Celebrity,
- Vacation Rental
- Not Suitable For Children
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
Bathrooms: 1.25 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Catering Available:
- Covered Parking:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Parking Off Street:
- Flamant Rose is a luxury classic yacht built in 1938 and extensively refurbished in 1997. She has a unique 97 ft gondola shaped riveted iron hull. There is no other yacht like her anywhere in the world. Large portholes create a light and visually stunning atmospheres on her upper deck. With a spacious interior of 50 feet and 35 meters of accessible deck. There are two additional cabins on a smaller boat moored next to Flamant rose which also has an additional sundeck that can be made into another double (sleeping 6). Flamant Rose can be rented separately with its spectacular one bedroom with gold cover full sized bath/shower, wonderfully quiet the iron hull which is claimed to have healing properties. There are two half bathrooms and very large lounge (45ft), with specious study below that houses the very attractive galley. The main lounge has a gold cocktail bar and the walls are shimmering gold with large round portholes that let in the light....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
- Broadband Access
Location & View
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Location, Location, Location. This location has so much to offer. It is on the East side of London in between the Mayfair (central London) and the Olympic Stadium so you will not have the grueling traffic jams to deal with to get to the games in the morning or after a long day or partying at the events. The marina itself is like a magnificent village where you have everything you need if you don’t feel like venturing far after a long day at the games or to spend a day to relax. Just outside the Marina is a large supermarket and fitness center with large pool where you may see some of the celebrities who boats in the Marina. The fast hovercraft ‘Clipper’ water taxi only five minutes walk is another way to avoid traffic. It whisks you to the Olympic transport and Canary Wharf. Just across the magnificent Tower Bridge the famous Butlers Wharf where you can follow the Thames walk past the Tate Modern Gallery the London Eye on the way to the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben,...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
The rates for the 17 Olympic package is £15,000 that sleeps as many as 4. The one week (minimum) stay is £7,500 The damage deposit is £2,000. With it being the Olympics there is an advanced non refundable deposit as hotels One week for the Yacht is £7,500 Includes maid service, water and electric
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
A few minutes walk to the famous Tower Bridge next to the tower of London where the Queens jewels are kept. 2 minutes to the special train service DLR to the Olympics and Canary Wharf. 3 minutes to the fast water taxi the Clipper where it speeds up the Thames. 10 minutes to Parliament and big ben. Transport and tubes to all over London. By the beautiful marina where the yacht is moored. Like a small village in the centre of London with all the amenities and a dozen restaurants and boutique shops....MoreCollapse
Year Purchased: 2003
About the owner: My husband and I are both authors and live in London in the summer and Florida in the winter. I am also a trainer and have written 6 books on self help. I have a production company and my short documentary was in the short film at Cannes last year. I am now working on the Feature Film which has also been submitted to Cannes this year. I write a column for a london magazine on society and health and nutrition. My husband is an author and historian.
Why the Owner Chose Westminster:
It was a beautiful yacht which my husband and I both loved. It is very romantic and when we have press parties to promote our books and business we can be sure that people turn up as it is so very unique.
The Unique Benefits at this Yacht:
In the morning the sunlight gives the most luxurious effect on the gold walls. and the evening lights give a sparkling effect giving that romantic feeling. Yet it is perfect for guest parties with its two large lounges one 45 ft with a lovely bar for entertaining. The 20 ft outside deck is perfect for having breakfast or friends for dinner. The connection with Edith Piaf (famous French singer) and its Piaf style and wonderful history fascinated us. It's also claimed to be the most photographed boat in the marina. Just 5 minutes walk away is Waitrose an upmarket supermarket similar to 'Whole Foods'. I love going for breakfast at the coffee bars or yacht club. Or shopping in the boutiques in the marina. It feels like a constant holiday. Yet, only 20 minutes and I am in the theatre district or Bond Street. There are several actors and musicians that are boat owners here who wave as they pass or come in for cocktails. I use the health clubs which have the most incredible facilities. I do not need a car in the centre of London as everything is easy to get to. London has a marvellous transport system.
- Primary: +44 (1) 954 763 3881
Links to more information:
The magestic 'Famant Rose' moored at St Katharine's Dock Marina.
The very large upper deck. Perfect for inviting your friends for cocktails
The full kitchen leading to the bedroom
Picture of the extraordinary bedroom
Lower study, galley leading to queen size bedroom.
This pictures, taken from dinning area gives idea of size and gold walls
Flamant Rose annual boat trip party sailing past the Houses of Parliament
The helm where the gold cocktail bar is situated
The bedroom/boudoir a very romantic large stateroom
Part of the large boudoir taken from the queen size bed.
Cruising on the Thames with friends
Full size bath and shower
Champaign and coffe on board
I took picture outside the marina at night. Actually much closer than pics shows
Flamant Rose shows it elegant shape and 140 iron hull on its mooring
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, April 28, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1.25 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.