Oceanfront Cottage W/Private Beach - Sleeps 6
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Popham Beach cottage description
Right on the ocean! Ground Level sleeps 6 (plus sofabed)
Property features huge private beach accessible via custom front boardwalk (75' to beach), lots of fun sandy-beach and ocean activities and spectacular ocean and river views . Has full kitchen w/breakfast bar, plus open-plan living & dining rooms. Ground Lvl has WB Stove, 2 TVs. Bedroom w/full bed sleeps 2; 'bunk' room w/4 twin size beds sleeps 4. (There's also a full-size sleeper sofa in LR that sleeps 2). Bath plus hot/cold outside shower to wash off the sand. Oceanfront porch and deck with grill available for renters.
Property is fully furnished, with phone and cable TVs, range, refrig, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, pots/pans, dishes, utensils, etc.. Cable Internet service on request for additional chg.
THINGS TO DO: Have breakfast on the deck and walk down to the beach ... sun on the beach, play in the ocean ... explore Fox Island at low tide or visit 2 historic forts just 5 minutes away.. Want a day away from the beach? Visit LL Bean's at the Freeport outlets (about 45 minutes), and dine at the famous Jameson Tavern & Restaurant. Or, Visit Boothbay Harbor (also about 45 mins. away) and tour this quaint town, shopping for unique souveniers, or take a Seal Watch or Whate Watch Tour on one of the boats in the harbor. This vacation, do what you want, when you want!
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Double Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (4), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- ALSO AN OUTSIDE SHOWER WITH HOT/COLD WATER FOR RINSING SAND
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Note: Includes Cable Internet Access
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Broadband Access
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Lawn / Garden
- Away From It All
- Rock Climbing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Lounge on the private sand beach, or swim in the ocean right out front! Relaxing meals and 'happy hour' on the deck watching sunrises and sunsets, as well as spectacular views of out-islands, with their lighthouses and low-tide sandbars. Herons, gulls, osprey and seals share the scene, as do ships on the Kennebec River and the ocean! Walk the beautiful 3-mile beach. Play golf, explore with your camera, marvel at The Popham Fort and Fort Baldwin with its underground facilities, in the village. Finish your day with lobster from local fisherman and enjoy the evening on the deck, reading by the fire, or around a bonfire on the beach. Visit nearby historic Georgetown, dine at The Osprey. Go 'antiquing' in Phippsburg, Bath and Brunswick, dine at Spinny's on Popham Beach, Waters Edge in Phippsburg, the Kennebec Tavern or Maxwell's in Bath. Day-trip it to Boothbay Harbor (about 1 hour) and visit the quaint shops, or go on a 3 hour whale-watch or seal-watch ocean cruise....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We stayed recently in the ground level unit and had a wonderful time. Such a perfect location and the cottage has everything you could want. Best of all, the owners know the area so well and have all the best hints about what to do, where to dine and can tell wonderful stories about the area and residents. We really enjoyed ourselves and could imagine bringing other family members and renting the entire home for a memorable vacation. Of course, I'd bask in the complements of finding such a nice spot!
- Guest Linda Jenney (Reading)
- Date of stay 09/01/07
- Review Submitted 09/12/07
$1,500-$2,000 per week Tax Rate: 7% (included in rate) Cleaning Fee: $75.00 Bring your own linens or they can be provided for $150 per stay. $50 per stay pet charge. Deposit: 50% Check/M.O. secures rental. Deposit refunded with written cancel notice prior to April 1st. Balance of Rent + fees + $300 Security Deposit Escrow due July 1st.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Train: BATH at 14 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: RTE. 209 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: POPHAM BEACH at Popham Beach
- Nearest Golf: SEBASCO at 4 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: SPINNEY'S at 0.3 Miles
- Primary: 732-423-2792
- Secondary: 908-288-2029
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Fun on the Deck
Ground Level Living Room
Ground Level bedroom
Sunset as seen from Cottage
Aerial View of Popham Beach
On The Beach out front
Ground Level Dining Room/Kitchen
Ground Lvl Bunk Room - 4 Twin Beds
From the Deck
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, May 24, 2013
2 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.