Cool Weather Cabins 90 Mins from Phoenix!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Pine cabin description
Welcome To Kamp Kiwis Cabins!
WE STILL HAVE A FEW PRIME DATES AVAILABLE AS OF 11/23
Cedar - 4 nights checking in 1/1
Deer Creek - 3 nights checking in 12/26, 3 nights checking in 1/2
We Proudly Offer For Your Enjoyment:
* Beautifully decorated, super clean, updated and well-maintained homes
* Private locations ideally located close to national forest and a walkable distance to the village
* Wi-Fi, Smart HDTVs, digital cable, infraRed BBQs, fully equipped kitchens and washer/dryer
* Ambient fireplaces in master bedrooms
* Super comfy beds, pillow top & memory foam, quality linens, down/feather comforters & pillows
* Plush towels and bath amenities included
* Central A/C for warm summers and toasty warm forced air heating for chilly winters
* Our two cabins are located adjacent on a 1.5 acre wooded property. Rent both for a family retreat!
* Fully enclosed decks keep kids and pets safe
* Our professionally designed nature hike is just steps away
* Level access to the street with minimal or no steps
Rates, Simple and Straight Forward:
* Deer Creek is $145/175, Cedar House is $165/195
* No holiday up-charges, no unrealistic deposits
* Stay seven nights for the price of five, no black-out dates
* Providing a meticulously clean cabin is our specialty, it's not an extra fee
* Quality vacation homes since 1997 & owner operated
* All major credit cards accepted, easy check-in/out process
* Absent innkeeper system. We, and our stuff, are out of sight!
* Proud Members of the Arizona Lodging & Tourism Association
* Our experience counts! Feel confident planning your vacation with us up to 12-months in advance
* Call us with any questions, we want to help you choose the right accommodations for your stay
* Hundreds of happy guests and always welcoming more!
Our two bedroom, two bath cabins are surrounded by Ponderosa pines and seasonal streams with forest views from every window! The expansive deck offers peaceful relaxation and views of the local wildlife that often frequent the property including white tail and mule deer, elk, javelina and native birds.
Our cabins offer rustic elegance with quality furnishings, sumptuous linens including double wrapped down comforters, and fluffy towels that make our guests feel like they have a vacation home of their own. More than 40% of our guests are repeat customers and referrals!
Come up and hike, bike, antique, sled in winter, fish, boot scoot at a local hang-out, visit one of our many small museums and historic sites, go to craft fairs or, our favorite past-time, just relax! We'll give you the 411 on the best places to dine-out and local activities.
Our personal service has been enjoyed by many local Arizona visitors as well as travelers from across the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Come up to Rim Country and experience Kamp Kiwis Cabins!
Keywords: Cabin, log cabin, family, pet-friendly, forest,mountains, kids, accessible, single-story,
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Bath time is important and we've carefully decorated and outfitted our bathrooms to be modern and functional as well a interesting and appealing. Our master bedroom baths feature walk-in showers with glass enclosures. Our guest baths have tub/shower combos that are easy for little ones to get in and out. ...moreless
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Guests visiting Kamp Kiwis Cabins in Pine, AZ have the unique experience of their own nature trail that loops between our Cedar House and Deer Creek cabins. The trail features interpretive signs describing the local foliage including towering Ponderosa Pines, Alligator Juniper, Gambel's Oak and Manzanita. Did we mention that Pine is a proud Gateway Community for the Arizona Trail? Visit the Arizona Trail Association website for maps, history and the inspiring story of its creation. The Pine Trailhead is just a mile south of Kamp Kiwis so please ask us for directions, we'll be happy to help....moreless
- DVD Player:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Hunting Big Game
- Hunting Small Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Recreation Center
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
ReviewsWrite a review
Like our second home!Guest comment entered by owner
Like our second home!
Thank you so much for renting out your cabin! We had so much fun! We really felt like it was our second home for the weekend. We hope to come enjoy the pines and your beautiful place again. We saw deer, squirrels, birds and even javelina in your front yard!
- Guest An awwwesome family
- Date of stay 10/12/13
- Review Submitted 10/18/13
LOVED IT!Guest comment entered by owner
Very cute place (Cedar) that was stocked with anything you would need! Cabin is actually in Pine, which is 20 minutes away from Payson. But WE still loved
- Guest A Busy Bunch
- Date of stay 09/27/13
- Review Submitted 10/05/13
Rest and relaxation in Pine!Guest comment entered by owner
Rest and relaxation in Pine!
We wanted thank you again for allowing us to relax and recoup at your lovely Deer Creek property in Pine.....We look forward to staying with you again very soon.
- Guest G&L VRBO Return Guests
- Date of stay 08/25/13
- Review Submitted 10/02/13
Deer Creek StayGuest comment entered by owner
Deer Creek Stay
Good Morning! Just a note of thanks for letting us stay in your cabin, we had a nice time with our daughter! We had prime time together which is hard when you work so many hours! We can't wait to see when we can come again to visit...Our dream is to own a cabin in the woods in Pine like yours....
- Guest Hard Workin' Family
- Date of stay 09/13/13
- Review Submitted 10/02/13
This was our first stay at the Deer Creek House at Kamp Kiwis. We arrived on Memorial Day and spent the following week there. The house is a lovely property on a treed lot. Pine is a small community of modest summer homes mixed with permanent residences, located 13 miles from Payson AZ. It is adjacent to two national forests. The house has been recently updated in both décor and amenities. It is tastefully and comfortably decorated. It is every bit as nice as the pictures on the website! It has heat and AC. There are two bedrooms; the master has a king bed, flat screen TV and an electric fireplace; the other bedroom has two twin beds. The master ensuite bath has a large walk-in shower; the hall bath has a tub. Both bathrooms have new fixtures. The kitchen is nicely stocked – no garage sale stuff here! There is a full-size washer-dryer. The living room TV has cable and a VCR. There is an assortment of videos, games and magazines. The front porch has comfortable seating with a view of the quiet street but we found that the back deck is the home’s best feature. It’s large and surrounded by trees. It has comfortable seating along with a 5-piece dinette with umbrella and a newer upscale gas grill. It was great for bird and wildlife viewing. The deer passed by the kitchen window “as advertised,” and we saw elk and coyote passing through the woods below. We also had frequent visits from the squirrels. A large variety of birds moved through the trees. Our dog was welcomed and we used the baby gate that we found in the broom closet to keep her on the deck. It was nice not to have to tie her up. A nature trail meanders from the front of the property down the hill to the creek. It is marked with signs identifying the plant life. Pine has a small market, a deli/pizza place, a couple of restaurants and gas stations. The Kamp Kiwis proprietors were easy to work with and accommodating. We would definitely consider returning for another visit.
- Guest allme (Phoenix AZ)
- Date of stay 05/27/13
- Review Submitted 06/16/13
Great place to stay
Great place to stay
My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Deer Creek Cabin. It was just what we were looking for. Quiet and off the beaten path, but not far away from comforts like a local grocery store and a great little place selling fresh eggs and honey. Great place to read a book, play a game or visit. Satellite tv is also provided for those like us who still like to watch tv even when we are getting away.
- Guest CT (Tempe, AZ)
- Date of stay 03/17/13
- Review Submitted 03/21/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, pet owners, sightseeing.
Owner response: We are so pleased that you enjoyed yourselves and were delighted to hear that you found both the serenity of the area and the conveniences of being close to town. We agree! Thank you for your review, we cannot wait to welcome you back.
We stayed in this lovely home for 3 days over Christmas. It is exactly as described and is even nicer than the pictures. It was fully stocked with everything we needed and was extremely clean. We appreciated the heater as it was very cold. The master bedroom is very spacious and the two bathrooms are roomy with plenty of fluffy towels. The 2nd bedroom had two comfortable twins. The owners are very sweet and easy to work with and easy to reach by phone. They provided us with an itinerary for the area with places to eat and things to do. The home is beautifully decorated and so comfortable. We were grateful to be able to bring our small dog. We ate at the Sidewinders Saloon which was very good. The property mgr., Ron, was extremely helpful. He helped us find the "key" (which was buried under snow) to turn the water on outside. We were able to park two vehicles in the driveway which was convenient for unloading. Thank you, David & Lisa, for sharing your lovely home with us.
- Guest Pat (Mesa AZ)
- Date of stay 12/23/12
- Review Submitted 12/30/12
Recommended for: Girls getaway, age 55+, people with disabilities, romantic getaway, families with young children, pet owners, sightseeing.
Owner response: Happy New Year! We're so glad that you had great stay and enjoyed both the cabin and the many features. The layout is great with a nice big master and tree top views from every window and we strive to continuously inspect and update our linens and towels to meet exacting standards for quality and comfort. We appreciate the mention of our parking and ease of access which is another great feature of our cabins, especially in winter. We also really appreciated that you called us right away to let us know that the hot water in the showers needed adjustment and allowed our property manager to get that water warmer for you during your stay. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you back in the summer when you can also enjoy our nature trail and some new amenities planned to make your stay even more comfortable!
This is By Far The Cleanest.....Guest comment entered by owner
This is By Far The Cleanest.....
We wanted to take a moment and thank you for the stay...The decorating was amazing. Everything we needed was in the kitchen. It was so clean and the bed and pillows were very comfortable..... The deck was a very relaxing place in the mornings. We have stayed at numerous cabins, and this by far was the cleanest and looked as if an interior decorator had done the decorating. We look forward to returning and bringing Kurt's mom and dad up with us. Thank you again and God bless!
- Guest Kurt & Jean
- Date of stay 08/18/12
- Review Submitted 10/10/12
Cozy and ComfortableGuest comment entered by owner
Cozy and Comfortable
We truly enjoyed your home in Pine. It was cozy and comfortable. We look forward to coming back again!
- Guest L&G
- Date of stay 09/16/12
- Review Submitted 10/10/12
Exceeded our ExpectationsGuest comment entered by owner
Exceeded our Expectations
We just wanted to drop you a line to let you know how much we enjoyed our stay at Kamp Kiwis. Your cabin and furnishings exceeded our expectations. Pine is a lovely town. In addition, we did dine at the Smokehouse BBQ and enjoyed our dinner immensely (thanks for the recommendation). We did go fishing at Woods Lake, but, alas, had no luck. We did, however, see the local javelina family including two little ones (no, we did not feed them table scraps). Overall, a most enjoyable weekend. Thank you!
- Guest E&M
- Date of stay 09/14/12
- Review Submitted 10/10/12
Deer Creek Mon-Thur....$145/night Deer Creek Fri-Sat.....$175/night Deer Creek Weekly......$785 That's Two Nights Free! Cedar House Mon-Thur....$165/night Cedar House Fri-Sat.....$195/night Cedar House Weekly......$885 That's Two Nights Free! Pet Fee - $20 per stay Tax/Fee Rate - 9.6%
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Phoenix Sky Harbor at 98 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 87 at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Sidewinders at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Snowbowl, Flagstaff at 92 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Payson at 17 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Randall House at 1.5 Miles
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: We are a family that loves to travel to both popular and offbeat locations. Throughout our travels we pay careful attention to those special touches that matter and make our stay memorable. Quality, comfort and friendly service are at the top of the list!
Why the Owner Chose Pine:
We purchased our property with the intent to make it our dream cabin paying close attention to every detail in design. The house has stunning decks and rustic architectural detail while being extremely comfortable.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Our goal is to make our guests feel like our house is your vacation home for your stay. Beyond the comfort of home, the cabin also sits near the edge of National forest. Just strap on your jandles and step outside for views of the rim. In early morning and late afternoon, you'll likely see deer moving through the property. In the fall, the resident elk herd also migrates through the area. Local birds and fox are also common. If you have an ATV or UTV, we have plenty of parking to bring up your rig and cruise around town.
- Primary: +bus: 928-221-2439
- Secondary: +fax: 928-492-1039
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Cedar House - high country living
Cedar House - master bath and walk-in shower
Cedar House - a kitchen big enough for everyone
Cedar House - ready for lunch
Cedar House - Welcome To The Woods
Deer Creek - welcome to the tree tops
Deer Creek - all of the comforts of home
Deer Creek - something interesting everywhere you look
Deer Creek - cozy up to a little atmosphere
Deer Creek - singles that can be doubled
Deer Creek - spark up the grill
Deer Creek - chat with a neighbor
Cedar House - queen master with fireplace
Cedar House - twin guest room, giddy-up!
Cedar House - stretch out in the trees
Cedar House - get some fresh air
Cedar House - surrounded by Ponderosa pines
Deer Creek - a view from every window
Deer Creek - stretch out in your king size bed
Deer Creek - wake up with the birds
Deer creek - high country style master bath
Deer Creek - another great view
Deer Creek - breakfast with the birds
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 03, 2013