Ski/Summer Villa, Parking, Sauna, Bbq. Transfers/Breakfast Service Available
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Bansko villa description
Villa Mavrud in Raduil, Bulgaria, is ideal for skiing and accommodates 6/10 people in 3 bedrooms comprising 2 twin rooms and a pine clad loft with 4 single beds, 2 of which may be twin or singles. The lounge /dining room has a double sofa bed if required. The ground floor features two bathroom/wet rooms with toilets, a lounge /dining room and a well equipped kitchen with rustic beams and a wood-burning stove, which also fires the central heating and hot water. The jacuzzi in the larger bathroom is ideal for relaxing after a day's skiing or hiking. The large garden has several timber framed outbuildings. One houses an additional wood burning boiler which boosts the central heating and hot water. Another provides a covered BBQ area. Off-road parking is provided. Villa Mavrud is located in the foothills of the Rila Mountains, south of Sofia. Ideal for a quiet, get away from it all break, a family holiday or a lively stag or hen week by incorporating Borovets.
Inside: Villa Mavrud is fully alarmed, giving you peace of mind. It is well insulated, making it cool in the summer and easy to heat in the winter. Radiators are located on all floors including the loft bedroom. An electric boiler provides hot water.
During winter months, the wood burning stove in the kitchen is great to come home to after a hard day's skiing or hiking. It also fires the central heating. This is normal for rural Bulgaria and you will be given instruction on how to operate it, so don't worry!
The house is located a short distance along a grass lane. The lane is maintained, so is passable at all times. Both doors to the property are only navigable via steps.
Lakeside beaches and water sports are available at Lake Iskar, about 50 minutes by car. Water skiing, jet skiing and fishing are possible. Or you can relax and enjoy a drink and a meal at one the lakeside restaurants.
Outbuildings and Garden: The house boasts a large garden with a variety of fruit trees and features a large rockery, informal areas and gravelled, off-road parking suitable for several cars.
Several restored rustic timber-framed and daubed outbuildings enclose an area suitable eating al fresco, serviced by a ‘summer kitchen,’ a covered clay oven adapted for barbecue use. Garden furniture is provided and covered seating is provided in the outbuildings.The traditional barn houses an additional wood-fired boiler to boost the house heating and hot water supply and a secure ski locker for guests using their own skis.
Skiing Facilities: An 8km/15 minute drive from Villa Mavrud, is one of Bulgaria’s prime ski resorts, Borovets. Recently featured in the UK press as top value European resort (Metro & Observer). It offers a range of winter sports and has a world-class biathlon track. It also has several ski schools, all with English-speaking instructors. Borovets is ideal for beginners and intermediates to hone their skills but also has plenty to offer the more experienced skier.
Borovets key facts - highest skiing area: 2560m; total length of runs: 58km; longest run: 12km; cross country tracks: 35km.
At the end of the day, avail yourselves of the great après-ski activities at one of the many clubs, restaurants and bars, all at manageable prices. There are clubs to suit most tastes and the night-life appeals to a young crowd.
Cash points and internet access are available.
Reasonably priced transport to and from Borovets may be arranged locally, at times to suit you, whether skiing, or partying into the night!
- Vacation Rental
- Housekeeper Optional
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Two twin rooms on the middle floor with wardrobes and bedside tables. One additionally has a dressing table. The open plan pine-clad loft offers four single beds, or two singles and a twin if preferred. There are two chests of drawers and two hanging racks. The lounge / dining room has a double sofa bed if required....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Well equipped kitchen with electric hob and fan oven, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine. Plenty of storage and a good range of cooking utensils and place settings. The first floor landing offers drying and ironing facilities. The dining /living room is conducive to staying in to eat and conversing around the table. There is a small library (you may take a book if you replace it with a similar one) and a collection of games. Satellite TV, DVD and CD player are also provided. The stone tiled ground floor is entered from the rear of the house. A spiral staircase leads to the utility area and twin bedrooms. Access may also be gained via the external steps and terrace. Stairs from the hall lead to the light and airy loft bedroom. Sufficient bath and hand towels, duvet covers and sheets are provided for up to 10 people. A washing machine and vacuum cleaner, etc. are also available. Should you wish maid service, this may be arranged locally for a small charge....moreless
- Books - Fiction / Non-Fiction
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Sports & Activities
- Autumn Foliage
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Horse Riding
local services and businesses
- Massage Therapist
sports and adventure activities
- Ski Lift Pass
- Mountain Biking
- Dining Area
- Towels Provided
- Basic Soaps
- Sofa Bed
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- Toilet Paper
- Iron & Board
- Housekeeper Optional
- Cooking Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker
- 4 Ring Stove
Pool / Spa
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 - Dec 21, 2013
7 night min stay
Dec 22 - Jan 4, 2014
7 night min stay
Jan 5 - Mar 29, 2014
7 night min stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (£) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates:
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Sofia at 80 Kilometres
- Primary: +44 (0)1785 256005
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Villa Mavrud in the snow
Open plan view and spiral stairs to first floor
Villa Mavrud, BBQ and barns in the winter
Lounge /dining room
Sheep returning to the village
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.