Spectacular, Beach Front 2 Bedroom Condominium
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Puerto Angel condo description
Keywords: ground floor, pool-side, infinity pool, beach front, panoramic, unobstructed ocean view, Huatulco, Puerto Escondido, Puerto Angel, Pochutla, Canadian owned, surfing, skim boarding and boogie boarding
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Limited Accessibility
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Clothing Optional/Nude Sunbathing Nearby
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- King size beds (1), Queen size Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
This unit offers a full sized refrigerator and large butane cook top and oven. The kitchen is fully stocked with an abundance of modern amenities and the capability of serving large crowds....moreless
- Cooking Utensils:
- Air Conditioning:
- Parking Off Street
- Linens Provided
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio:
- Lanai / Gazebo
Location & View
Only meters from our ground floor condominium and steps away from the infinity pool is the spectacular, two kilometer long Zipolite Beach. Noted for golden, medium grained sand, the beach at Zipolite has been attracting visitors since the 1960's. Fishermen still cast their nets from shore and into the ocean seeking the fresh catch of the day. Palm trees and small open-air restaurants, serving fresh seafood and cold beer, line the beach. The relentless, pounding surf is spectacular and swimmers should be mindful of powerful undertows. The condominium setting is idyllic and situated halfway down the beach. The ground floor unit affords direct access to the infinity pool and beach while the fourth floor common area provides a panoramic vista of the entire beach front. The quaint town of Zipolite is accessed within minutes. The lane opens on to the main street where locals and visitors alike gather to shop for supplies and eat at any number of excellent restaurants....moreless
- Not Necessary
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Pier Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Medical Services
- Jet Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
- The Monarca Condominium complex in Zipolite derives it's name from the Monarch butterfly, the only butterfly of its kind to migrate from north to south. Centrally located between Huatulco and Puerto Escondido, Zipolite has been an international destination for over 40 years for those seeking a relaxed, unspoiled and authentic Mexican retreat. Easily accessed from both Canada and the United States, visitors can fly directly into the international airport at Huatulco or into Mexico City and then into Huatulco via a number of smaller commuter airlines. Our condominium is a brand new and recently completed three story complex offering well appointed, superior accommodations while appealing to the adventurous looking for an alternative experience. Our location will also appeal to those looking for rest and relaxation and a well-deserved retreat. While sitting at the pool or on the beach, visitors will be delighted and entertained. People watching, whale spotting and unforgettable sunrises and sunsets make Zipolite appealing to those of all ages. Within walking distance is the Solstice Yoga Studio, with an incredible view of the Pacific Ocean and classes catering to both the novice and experienced. A visit to a delightful beach front bakery only steps away is a perfect start to the morning after a sunrise walk on the beach. Zipolite offers a myriad of restaurants, ranging from street vendors and ocean-front cafes with graceful palapas to fine establishments serving Italian and French cuisine. For those wanting to cook their own meals, Zipolite has several small markets that offer fabulous fresh produce, some frozen commodities, assorted sundries and a great selection of beer and wine. Fresh fish can be delivered to the back door of the condominium or an early morning trip to nearby Puerto Angel to purchase fish from the locals is always an event. Deep sea fishing excursions in both Puerto Angel and Huatulco are easily arranged. There is local laundry service located on main street, only a minute walk away. Further afield and only a few kilometers to the north of Zipolite are the not-to-be-missed beach towns of Mazunte, and San Augustinillo. Mazunte is home to the turtle sanctuary and museum, while San Augustinillo is a picturesque and pristine village. Only a short drive from San Augustinillo is Ventanilla and the famed alligator reserve. While even further north, the city of Puerto Escondido is a world-class surf destination and offers excellent shopping experiences. The public market in Puerto Escondido has an exciting array merchandise and fresh food. To the south of Zipolite and only one kilometer away is the port and fishing village of Puerto Angel. The Monday market in Pochutla is a must! Vendors travel for miles to display and sell their wares. On market day the streets and sidewalks overflow with fresh produce, housewares, salted fish and an abundance of assorted flowers. Pochutla is a bustling and vibrant community offering all modern conveniences. Further south is the city of Huatulco, the city hub of the region, is notable for its all inclusive hotels, eco-tourism, mud baths, culture and magnificent beaches. Huatulco is also a port-of-call for many cruise lines and offers a deep water port and marina. Zipolite is uniquely juxtaposed in the center of the Mexican Riviera, offering the best of Oaxacan and west coast living. Watch the sunrise and sunset from our condominium and revel in the tranquility of our perfect location. This is 'serendipity' at its best. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
South with the Butterfly
South with the Butterfly
Recently, I very much enjoyed a week of vacation time at Monarca Condominiums in Zipolite Mexico. The setting for this newly built, private condo development, truly is spectacular. Being right on the beach, you can drift-off, poolside, to the sound of the surf just a few meters away. The pool-side unit we stayed in had a full ocean view, as did all eighteen units of the Monarca complex. It was spacious and well appointed. And with four of us sharing the two large bedrooms - each bedroom with it’s own full bath - the cost was little more than a bottle of local tequila per night. The Monarca staff were friendly and helpful and the people of the village of Zipolite were warm and gracious. In this small town setting - it is worth noting, that we did not experience any of the aggressive hustle from merchants or vendors, often prevalent in other Mexican destinations. For meals: we chose to prepare a few in the condo’s fully equipped kitchen - using local produce that was readily and inexpensively available. Mostly, however, we chose to try the local fare - at some of the the more than 20 restaurants that are within a 2 to 10 minute walk of Monarca’s back door. Each one we tried, was rated by our group as: good to very good; with several scoring exceptional. The beach at Zipolite was postcard picturesque. It was never busy and our early morning and late evening walks - when the temperature was coolest, were among our best memories - of our time at Monarca in Zipolite Mexico. We shall return! NEA Vancouver, Canada
- Guest NEA (Vancouver, Canada)
- Date of stay 11/13/12
- Review Submitted 11/27/12
Recommended for: Girls getaway, age 55+, tourists without a car.
$700.00 - 900.00 per week long term rates negotiable $900.00 per week during Christmas and Easter Holidays
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
Year Purchased: 2008
About: Six years ago two couples dreamed of retirement and a tropical retreat....... a place to walk barefoot in the sand and appreciate a slower paced lifestyle. After long Canadian winters and raising our children, we decided it was time to trade in the fascination of watching the Zamboni circle the ice for the mesmerizing sound of the waves and a picture perfect locale. Our husbands are self-employed while our professions have kept us on a strict time and holiday schedule making extended vacations difficult. Our lives have been hectic and all about our children. As retirement is quickly becoming our reality we look forward to more time spent in Zipolite, our home-away-from-home. We are fortunate to have the best of both worlds, amazing vistas in both south eastern British Columbia and Mexico, albeit miles apart.
Why Puerto Angel:
Mexico has always been a destination of choice and we have been fortunate to holiday on both the eastern and western coastlines. When an opportunity arose to purchase this property, we all agreed that it was a worthwhile venture. After six years of planning and construction we are proud to invite you to our 'casa'.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
While sitting on the deck, overlooking the infinity pool and out into the ocean, we fall in love with Zipolite over and over again. Every day the beach evolves as the surf carries the sand over the two kilometer stretch. Every morning while walking the beach we are met with 'hellos' and 'good mornings' in many languages. The locals are gracious and hospitable and we feel very safe and at home. Zipolite is certainly our destination of choice!
- Primary: +1 250.428.4776
- Secondary: +1 250.428.2734
- Tertiary: +1 2502545734
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Standing on the edge of the infinity pool at sunset.
Looking into the ensuite from bedroom 1.
Bedroom 2 with queen sized bed and ensuite.
Dining room table and seating for 6.
Lots of dishware........place settings for 8.
A view from our deck. A cruise ship in the distance.
Sunset in Zipolite. A view from the rooftop.
a view from the rooftop.
Bedroom 1 with king sized bed and ensuite.
Each bedroom has its own safe.
Outside seating for entertaining and dining.
Inside sectional sofa.
Additional seating for 6 at the 'bar'.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, July 28, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.