Casa Marta in Cartagena's Old Town
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Cartagena lodge description
If you want a true 'cartagenean' experience and enjoy the local culture and traditions in a family-oriented environment, Casa Marta is the place for you!
Casa Marta is a colonial guesthouse situated in the city's historic district of Getsemani.
The house has been carefully renovated to modern standards and the room has a maximum capacity of 4 to 5 people.
The room has air conditioner, fan, fridge, Satellite TV, and a private bathroom. Internet service and breakfast are included free of charge.
A nice plunge pool is also available to all guests.
Casa Marta is a family-run guesthouse managed by its owner Marta who lives in the premises; Casa Marta is therefore a place where good manners are always observed.
This is not a listing for a full property rental, you can rent the room individually.
Other services at additional cost:
- Nanny services
- Enjoy a traditional 'cartagenean' dinner hosted at a local family house
- City tours
- Boat tours around the city's bay
- Horseback riding, scuba diving and snorkeling trips
- Excursions to Islas del Rosario, Playa Blanca, Tierra Bomba, Mompox, Santa Marta, Tayrona National Park, Palanque and Totumo volcano (mud baths)
About the historic neighborhood of Getsemani:
Getsemani is the most thriving area in Cartagena, the last authentic neighborhood in the old town and yet to be fully gentrified; it is the neighborhood where true “Cartageneros” still live. Getsemani boasts a unique bohemian atmosphere and a neighborhood feel you won’t find elsewhere in the City, mixing history and tradition with with an eclectic offer of trendy bars, restaurants and discos.
Casa Marta is located in front of the historic Iglesia de la Trinidad, the heart of Getsemani where locals and tourists meet and hang out every day.
It was at the Plaza de la Trinidad where Cartagena’s independence from Spain was declared on 11 November 1811; hence the “Getsemanisenses” are fierce people proud of their roots and heroic past. Getsemani is a place full of history and heritage.
Excerpt from Wallpaper Magazine (August, 2011 issue):
'Café Havana, the salsa club that has turned the 'lively' part of Cartagena's old town, Getsemani, from no-go to must-go in recent years'
- Before you go out, turn off lights, fan, air-conditioning, TV and other electric appliances and close water faucets in the bathroom.
- Casa Marta is not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings, please keep your valuables with you and lock your door and windows before going out.
- No drugs or unregistered guests are allowed in the house
- Only registered guests are allowed to stay overnight in the house
- Please be respectful of other guests, keep TV, music and noise levels at minimum
- Please curb your pets and ensure they don't disturb other guests
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- King size beds (1), Double Beds (2)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Sight Seeing
- Jet Skiing
- Horseback Riding
- Fitness Center
- Casa Marta is situated a convenient 5 minute walk from the convention center, the largest and most important in the country where many local and international events are held. Casa Marta is located in Old Town Cartagene in the Historic District of Getsemani, all main attractions are within walking distance....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
$95.00 - $95.00 per weekday night $95.00 - $95.00 per weekend night $285.00 - $285.00 per weekend $600.00 - $600.00 per week $1500.00 - $1500.00 per month $0.00 - $0.00 Cleaning. 0.00% - 0.00% Tax.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Primary: 1-7189164213
- Secondary: 57-3106306003
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Delicious meals, breakfast included
Cartagena, old town
Cartagena, old town
Exotic fruit, breakfast included.
Cartagena, old town
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, April 06, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.