Barbados Beach Apartment with 5* Guest Reviews
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:1-10 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Mount Standfast apartment description
Glitter Bay apartment 207 ('Palm Trees' on the first floor), has 2 bedrooms. The apartments is one of 48 exclusive apartments set within the extensive tropical gardens, pools, and beach front of the Glitter Bay condominium resort. The apartments are located on Alleynes Bay, one of the best beaches on Barbados's Platinum West Coast, 1/2 mile from Holetown shopping, bars, and restaurants. There is a bus stop outside Glitter Bay, a taxi rank, or we offer car hire to guests as an option.
Glitter Bay has a large pool, children’s pool, 2 tennis courts, a gym, table tennis, a beach bar, and BBQ. Water sports and scuba diving are from the beach, with fantastic snorkeling. Next door is the Fairmont Royal Pavillion Hotel; you can also stroll along to a beach bar or the Lone Star restaurant (the Ivy of the Caribbean).
The pictures show Glitter Bay beach and pool, then photos of apartment 207 ('Palm Trees').
What we include at 207 Palm Trees !:
•4 posted super-king bed in the master bedroom, and twin beds/super king bed in second bedroom.
• Maid service six days/week.
• Linens and towels provided.
• On-wall 42” Plasma TVs in lounge and master bedroom.
• Cable TV, DVD/CD, and i-POD station in living room; Cable TV, DVD/CD player in Master bedroom
• Radio Alarm clocks in each bedroom
• Portable telephone with voicemail; local calls are free
• Free Internet in unit
More of what what we include at 207 Palm Trees:
• Personal safe in master bedroom
• Coffee maker, electric kettle, toaster, blender, microwave, dishwasher
• Crib, high chair available (charge payable locally).
• Our apartment games (Scrabble, Pictionary, beach bowls) set.
• Our Palm Trees book library.
Glitter Bay Resort facilities:
• Daily Concierge assistance 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m to arrange restaurants, taxis, trips, car hire etc.
• Complimentary beach and pool loungers, umbrellas and towels
• Beach Attendant
• 24 hour, 7 days a week security, manned gatehouse
• Glitter Bay wireless internet connection available from the bar/concierge lounge.
• Drinks Bar with cable TV 11.00 a.m. to sunset
• Lunch snack bar 11.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. (seasonal) and BBQ to hire.
• Flood lit tennis courts, complimentary day use, racquet and ball rental available
• Large fresh water swimming pool
• Large fresh water wading pool
• Childrens playground equipment and play area by wading pool
• Air conditioned gym/fitness room with cable TV
• Table tennis table
- 1300 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Car Available
- Car Optional
- Daily Maid Service
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- The master bedroom is very romantic with a king-size six foot wide 4 posted mahogany bed. The bedroom has air-conditioning, and opens out directly to the terrace sitting area; guests have said that waking up to the view of the tropical gardens, palm trees, and pool is like being in paradise. There is an ensuite bathroom. The second bedroom has a stunning hand-made-on-the-island colonial style wood and rattan bed-head and matching furniture. The bed can be made as a 6 foot king bed or as twin beds.. We can also provide on request a third bed or cot for this room so as to accommodate 3. The room is very quiet with views over palm trees. Bed linen and sheets are changed twice weekly....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The living room is furnished in colonial style with settee, chair, sideboard, and side tables. There is a coral and glass coffee table, an i-pod docking station, a 42” plasma TV with satellite channels, UK/US DVD player so you can bring your own DVDs, and Internet Radio . The kitchen at 207 Palm Trees has granite work-surfaces and is fully equipped with modern white Italian cupboards, and with Smeg dishwasher, microwave, oven, hob, and fridge freezer. There are two bar stools and a bar to have a drink before dinner. A feature of 207 Palm Trees is the large terrace balcony with a dining area with table seating 5-6, and a separate relaxing area with corner sofa, chairs, and coffee table. There are ceiling fans on both terraces (essential for comfortable dining !). We include: Taxi transfer from the airport to our apartment; Welcome drink, and first breakfast items; six days/week maid service; local telephone calls in Barbados; access to our own Manager...moreless
- Books For Adults
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Coin Laundry
- Duty Free Shops
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 5 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Security System
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Beach Towels
- Gated Community
- Inflatable Boat
- Lawn / Garden
- Tennis Court
- Walkway To Water
- Water Skis
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Outdoor Pool
Forms Of Payment
- Accept Credit Card
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 16 - Dec 15, 2014
7 night min stay
Dec 16 - Dec 22, 2014
1 night min stay
Dec 23 - Jan 3, 2015
10 night min stay
Jan 4 - Apr 15, 2015
7 night min stay
Apr 16 - Dec 15, 2015
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- No additional mandatory fees
- Taxes Not included
We can also offer one bedroom 2 person use of Palm Trees. Please contact us for rates and late booking deals.
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
'Palm Trees' is number 207 (first floor). We are part of 48 exclusive apartments set within the extensive tropical gardens, pools, and beach front of the Glitter Bay condominium complex.
We are on Alleynes Bay, one of the best beaches on Barbados's Platinum West Coast. Glitter Bay is 1/2 mile from Holetown shopping, bars, and restaurants. There is a bus stop outside Glitter Bay, a taxi rank, or we offer our car to guests as an option.
The Glitter Bay complex has an adult pool and separate children’s swimming pool, two tennis courts, a gym, table tennis, a childs play area, and its own beach bar and BBQ. Water sports and scuba diving are available from the beach, with fantastic snorkeling.
Next door along the beach is the Fairmont Royal Pavillion Hotel; you can also stroll along the beach to the Lone Start restaurant or JuJu beach bar/restaurant.
There are world class golf courses nearby; we are well situated for cricket
Golf: World class golf courses are near by at Sandy Lane and Royal Westmoreland.
Year Purchased: 2002
About the owner: Pippa and I live in Christchurch, Dorset, England. We have owned Palm Trees since 2002. We have fully renovated and furnished the apartment to create a romantic experience. We feel Palm Trees has the ideal location at Glitter Bay. Palm Trees is located ideally at the end of Block 1 – nearest to the beach - of the Glitter Bay apartments. As such, we are a good distance from and do not hear the noisy road. We are opposite the pool, and close to the beach. We have great views across Palm Trees, the beautiful gardens, and the pool (lovely when lit-up in the evening). We find staying at Palm Trees very relaxing. The Master bedroom is very romantic, with a massive super-comfy 4 posted bed, and an ensuite with marble countertop and large enclosed walk in shower. Each time we come here we take time from our own holiday to try and ensure that all items of maintenance or repairs have been carried out to a good standard, and also to add further features or improvements to Palm Trees. Our aim is to ensure that all our guests love it here as much as we do, and will want to return to stay at Palm Trees again and again. We have, at last count, seventeen 5* independent reviews from happy guests who have all loved their holiday at Palm trees. Lots of guests return, one set of guests for the past 8 years ! Some like to stay a week, some even stay a month.
Why the Owner Chose Mount Standfast:
As they are all privately owned, the 40 Glitter Bay apartments vary greatly in location, tranquility, apartment facilities, quality of internal finish, and services provided to support guests. Choosing a Glitter Bay apartment for your holiday is choosing between very different standards of accommodation. Our intention is to give our guests a 5* review holiday experience at good value, and competitively priced compared with other Glitter Bay apartments available. Pippa and I try to monitor what other Glitter Bay owners and their agents offer in terms of quality, service, and price, and do our best to give our guests the best value for money. The prices offered at Glitter Bay do vary a lot; we will not always be the cheapest, but we aim to give the best apartment holiday at Glitter Bay. We also try to offer late booking, or single bedroom use discounts on our published prices. Pippa and I hope you have found our website helpful. We look forward to your enquiry and can let you have more information if you are considering Palm Trees for your next holiday. Please do check out our guest reviews for independent opinions of Palm Trees.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
The other features distinguish Palm Trees from other Glitter Bay apartments are: Our own housekeeper. We have our own housekeeper/maid, Eleanor, who provides a ½ day six day per week maid, washing up, and once/week personal laundry service. Eleanor is lovely, really friendly, has been with us for years, and is a real asset to us; she will make you feel really at home. Modern. We have all modern technology within the apartment, with wireless Internet, large flat screen TVs in the lounge and master bedroom, with MCTV satellite TV available, UK/US format DVD players in the lounge and bedroom (so you can bring your own DVDs or hire them in Holetown) and also an i-POD docking/play station to play your own music. Cool and Dry. The apartment is fully air conditioned, and the balcony has ceiling fans at both the dining and seating (as it can be very uncomfortable if you have dinner in the evening without a ceiling fan). We also have a sun awning to keep the balcony shady and cool for relaxing, and this and our wooden shutters keep the balcony dry if it rains. You can still relax and enjoy yourself on the Palm Trees balcony even when it rains ! Grocery deliveries for your arrival. We have established a relationship with a company locally (BC Discount) to allow our guests to pre-order for delivery groceries and other essentials for their arrival. Our guests can contact Sarah direct with a list of requirements, and pay her directly on arrival at Palm Trees (please note that we cannot be responsible if items delivered are not as requested). We do not make a charge for this introduction, but include it as “added value” to thank our guests for choosing Palm Trees. Fun. We provide a few items to make your stay fun, such as our books and games libraries, snorkels masks and flippers, and a beach ball).
- Primary: +44 (0)7986272234
- Secondary: +44 (0)7986 272234
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Our fantastic beach and warm Caribbean sea !
Palm Trees is the right 1st floor apartment of the building nearest the beach
Palm Trees Master Bedroom with Super King 4 posted bed and doors to balcony
Palm Trees second bedroom. Beds can be made as Super King or twins plus 3rd bed
Palm Trees Lounge. Colonial hand made sofa and chair. Coral/glass coffee table.
Beach at Glitter Bay. 1 minute walk from our apartment through tropical gardens
Pool at Glitter Bay as you walk back from the beach
Eleanor, our lovely maid and housekeeper. She has been with us for 6 years.
Another view of Glitter Bay beach. Must be one of the best on the island !
View from the dining end of our balcony over the pool. Palm Trees !!
The adult swimming pool at Glitter Bay
View from Palm Trees apartment over the pool
Palm Trees mpodern Italian kitchen with SMEG appliances and granite worktops
The 'Trees View' second bedroom made as twin beds. A third bed can be added
Glitter Bay beach as you come from our bar/restaurant
Glitter Bay Bar and restaurant. Great lunch, sunset cocktails and BBQ hire
Palm Trees is the end apartment on the first floor. We overlook pool & gardens.
View of our balcony. We have an awning and shutters at the end to stop any rain
The balcony and dining table which can seat 5. We have ceiling fans both ends
View from our balcony. We have an awning for shade and to keep dry if it rains.
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
- Calendar last updated 10/24/2014
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.