1864 Victorian Cottage in Historic Town: Mtn View, Hot Springs, Skiing, Rafting!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Central City cottage description
Victorian Cottage in Central City, CO is a unique historic property. It was built some time before 1864 shortly after Colorado Gold Rush of 1859 began. There are some original 1864 photoghaphs at Denver Public Library depicting the house. We have some copies of them at the property.
There are two bedrooms furnished with queen size bed each. One full bathroom has an antique bathtub.
The house is decorated with some truly antique pieces and some real paintings. Beautiful Swarovski chandelier is decorating the Master bedroom; antique wood stove and antique chandelier in the living room and some antique furniture bring you back to Colorado Gold Rush days 150 years ago...
Enjoy beautiful hill/mountain views from the large partially enclosed patio. Have a cup of coffee in the morning or a glass of wine in the evening and enjoy a beautiful panorama of the historic town.
The house is located on a very quest street, close to most attractions of the area.
- 850 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Air Conditioning:
- Living Room seats 5:
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Gas Fireplace
- Parking Off Street
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- VISIT CHASE GULCH, RUSSEL PARK, GOLDEN GATE CANYON STATE PARK, RED ROCK STATE PARK; THERE TONS OF OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES; SKIING IN THE WINTER, WHITE WATER RAFTING IN THE SUMMER; BLACK HAWK COMMUNITY CENTER WITH A GREAT POOL AND ENTERTAINMENT FOR KIDS; BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAIN VIEWS, WILDLIFE WATCHING, SCENIC DRIVES, ETC...HISTORIC MUSEUM AND THOMAS HOUSE-MUSEUM IS GREAT FOR KIDS AND ADULTS; A LOT OF CASINOS ARE IN THE AREA IF YOU LIKE TO GAMBLE; GREAT RESTAURANTS, ANTIQUE SHOPS; DENVER IS ONLY 30 MILES AWAY IF YOU CRAVE AMENITIES OF A MAJOR METRO AREA......moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library
Pool & Spa
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Tourist Attractions
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Climbing
- Hunting Small Game
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Tubing
- Recreation Center
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Gambling Casinos
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- VICTORIAN RETREAT is located in historic Central City, the heart of Colorado Gold Rush 150 years ago. There are mountains of things to do in the area: museums (Historic Museum in Central City next street, Thomas House- Museum - the house 'frozen in time', etc), parks (Golden Gate Canyon State Park, Red Rocks State Park and Amphitheater, etc); visit old Hidee Gold Mine, take a tour, pan for gold! Take a white water rafting adventure on Clear Creek - tons of water rafting companies around to offer great deals! Restaurants, casinos, antique shops, Visitor Center, fishing lakes, scenic drives, historic towns, railroad ( ride an old steam train)... Ski: Eldora Mountain Resort ski area is perfect for downhill and cross-country skiers, snowboarders and snowshoers. Eldora ski resort is only 15 min away. Loveland ski resort is about 35 min away. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Our Lovely StayGuest comment entered by owner
Our Lovely Stay
Dear Julia, Choosing your sweet Victorian Cottage was such a smart decision on my part. It was a beautiful weather and we had a beautiful place to stay. Your cottage is just like I pictured in my mind. My great grand mother lived in one in Butte, Montana where I grew up. I loved the little place, of course it wasn't painted as brightly, or decorated as beautifully as yours... Thank you!
- Guest Connie
- Date of stay 10/20/12
- Review Submitted 11/05/12
We had a wonderful time in Colorado!Guest comment entered by owner
We had a wonderful time in Colorado!
Hi Julia! We left Central City early Saturday morning, and are now home. We had a wonderful time in Colorado! Thank you so much.
- Guest Sharon
- Date of stay 08/15/12
- Review Submitted 11/01/12
We had a fantastic time!Guest comment entered by owner
We had a fantastic time!
We had a fantastic time! Everything with your Victorian Cottage was perfect! We did not encounter any problems and really enjoyed the place - you have quite a terrific property and we look forward to staying again sometime. The friends we brought with us have not rented from VRBO before and they were tremendously impressed with the entire process and the quality for value. The home was very well stocked and very quiet which made for a very relaxing stay. Thanks so much!
- Guest B. C.
- Date of stay 01/12/12
- Review Submitted 04/10/12
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 - Apr 30, 2014
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
|PEAK, HOLIDAYS, SPRING BREAK
May 1 - Sep 30, 2014
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
Rental Agreement is required.
- Cleaning Fee: $95
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $350
- Pet Fee: $50 + tax
- Taxes Included
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: DENVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT at 60 Miles
- Nearest Train: HISTORIC SILVER PLUME-gEORGETOWN RAILROAD LOOP at 20 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: CENTRAL CITY PARKWAY 2 MI; I-70 - 8 MILES at 8 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Dostal Alley Saloon at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: ELDORA SKI RESORT at 22 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Fossil Trace Golf Club, GOLDEN at 20 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Gold Coin Saloon & Millie's at 0.5 Miles
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: We enjoy Colorado history, attractions and natural beauty of Colorado Rocky Mountains. Our family loves outdoor activities such as whitewater raftings, skiing, trails, fishing..
Why the Owner Chose Central City:
We have been always interested in Colorado Gold Rush history. This house is an absolutely unique property that was built some time before 1864. We discovered old 1864 photographs in Denver Public Library where our house is depicted.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Our Victorian Retreat is a walking distance to historic district of Central City and only 1 mi to Black Hawk. Walk to Gilpin County Historic Museum, Thomas House-Museum, antique shops, restaurants, casinos... Only 9 mi to hot springs and whitewater rafting on Clear Creek; a great rec center in Black Hawk..
- Primary: 7209896682 TEXT PLEASE
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
SHADY COVERED PATIO IS GREAT TO ESCAPE FROM THE SUNSHINE AND ENJOY THE VIEW
LIVING ROOM IS FURNISHED WITH ANTIQUE FURNITURE
ORIGINAL ANTIQUE WOOD STOVE - A CENTERPIECE OF THE LIVING ROOM
BEAUTIFUL MASTER BEDROOM BOASTS TRULY ANTIQUE LAMPS, CRYSTAL CHANDELIER, VIEWS..
DINING ROOM AND KITCHEN BOASTS HARDWOOD FLOORING...
PANORAMA OF CENTRAL CITY, COLORADO, A HISTORIC TOWN IN THE MOUNTAINS
COZY UP TO THE FIRE FROM THE GAS STOVE IN THE DINING ROOM
VISIT HISTORIC CENTRAL CITY FULL OF HISTORY. OLD STABLES.
Colorado & Southern RR No 71 ... Central City
THIS OLD MINER IS ALWAYS SITTING ON THE BENCH ON MAIN STREET IN CENTRAL CITY, CO
SKI ELDORA, GAMBLE BLACK HAWK
TAKE A TOUR AT HIDEE MINE AND PAN FOR GOLD; GREAT FOR KIDS TOO..
VIEW FROM THE FRONT PORCH
DINING ROOM TABLE IS GOOD FOR 6 GUESTS (A SEPARATE TABLE LEAF IS AVAILABLE)
KITCHEN HAS EVERYTHING TO PREPARE MEALS. MICROWAVE, COFFEE MAKER, TOASTER...
SECOND BEDROOM IS FURNISHED WITH AN ANTIQUE BED AND FRENCH PROVINCIAL FURNITURE
CHIMES FROM THE CHURCH EVERY HALF AN HOUR...IT BRINGS YOU BACK IN TIME...
LIVING ROOM IS DECORATED WITH SOME ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE PIECES
THIS IS A VIEW FROM THE FRONT PORCH IN THE WINTER
CENTRAL CITY OPERA OFFERS A GREAT CULTURAL EXPERIENCE. DON'T MISS THE SEASON
HISTORIC CENTRAL CITY: WONDERFUL STORES FACADES AND ANTIQUE SHOPS
YOU CAN SEE OLD ABANDONED MINES, GHOST TOWNS, OLD UNIQUE CEMETERIES AND MORE..
SUMMER FESTIVAL IN HISTORIC CENTRAL CITY, COLORADO ELEVATION 8496 FT
TAKE A GREAT WHITE WATER RAFTING ADVENTURE ON CLEAR CREEK JUST 8 MI AWAY!
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, November 01, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!