1 Block to the Beach, Full of Natural Light and Sleeps 6
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Manzanita house description
Johnny's Garden is a beautiful beach home that is drenched in natural light with windows from floor to ceiling. The natural wood that is displayed on the ceilings, around the windows and on the large floating wood stairs really make this place feel like home.
Escape all the city stress and relax in this two bedroom two bath home that is situated just one and a half blocks to the beach and five from town. Every aspect of this home screams welcome, from the spacious family room to the cozy fireplace. Relax on the comfortable and large window seat that over looks the street leading to the beach.
The master bedroom downstairs has a queen bed, large dresser and an attached bath with a deep soaking tub. The soaking tub is surrounded by windows, and has a skylight over head for those cold and rainy days that playing on the beach won't cut it.
The second bedroom is spacious and has a full size bed, large dresser and a twin bunk bed.
The well equipped kitchen is perfect with all the room you need to prepare great meals with the family. It over looks the kitchen and dining which makes for great family interaction. The house is fully stocked with games and movies. For those sunny days, the bikes in the garage are a great amenity along with the private back deck, BBQ and plenty of seating. Come experience this home and have a great Oregon Coast Vacation!
Keywords: Close to the beach, sleeps 6, open, spacious, bunkbeds, no pets allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Queen size Beds (1) Downstairs Master Bedroom, Double Beds (1) Upstairs Bedroom, Baby Cribs (1) Ask our office if in need of a pack n' play. We have one for you to borrow., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Sleeper sofa in the living room if needed., Bunk Beds (1) Upstairs Bedroom with the Bunkbeds....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- DVD Player
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Fitness Center
- Basketball Court
- Mountain Climbing
- Jet Skiing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Recreation Center
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- 'Johnny's Garden' is located on the north side of Manzanita just a block from the beach and about 4 blocks to town. Manzanita has been described as a magical, breathtaking, and romantic place. Our small town attracts people from all over the world. The 7-mile, white sandy stretch of beach is a great place to run, walk, jog, or simply go beach combing. Manzanita Beach offers peace, relaxation and tranquility. Nestled between two State Parks, Manzanita, Oregon offers incredible beauty. Manzanita has a variety of great restaurants and cafes to try. We dare you, to try them all. You will receive great service and food. There is Left Coast Siesta, The Big Wave, Bread and Ocean, Marazano’s Pizza, etc. For those of you over the age of 21, Vino’s Wine Bar and the San Dune are highly recommended! The shopping is incredible with such stores as Moxie, Unfurl, Syzygy, Overboard, T-Spot and Four Paws on the Beach. What more can you ask for? If it's coffee and pastries you are looking for, visit Coffee Shop Manzanita down by the ocean or Manzanita News and Espresso near US Bank. If your on your way down south, stop at Hugo's in Nehalem for great drive-up coffee, lattes, mocha's, pastries and more! Manzanita Golf Course: Opened in 1987, Manzanita Golf Course has a 2,192-yard, par 32 and 9-hole layout. Designed by Ted Erickson, the course is situated on a lovely hillside overlooking the vast expanse of the ocean. The Manzanita golf coarse is opened year round. The friendly staff will take care of all your needs. They have a full shop that is equipt to rent out anything from clubs to hand carts. Contact them at 503-368-5744 for more information. If you really need to pamper yourself, we suggest Spa Manzanita or Longevity. Both these spas offer great massages! Spa Manzanita goes above and beyond by also offering pedicures, manicures, facials and more. Either way, Manzanita is sure to be your home away from home minus the stress....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Cozy Beach Stay
Cozy Beach Stay
This house was the perfect size for us (4 adults and 2 kids). It was very cozy and we spent a lot of time there playing games, relaxing and just visiting. The large windows made it feel open and bright. It's location was just right for us as we could walk to the main street and the beach in a matter of minutes. When staying at the beach we like to leave our cars parked for the majority of the time and be able to walk and it worked well with this house. I would say the only draw-back we could find to this house is the lack of wi-fi, as it is nice to have, but since we were a the beach to enjoy a family weekend it wasn't a big deal. We love Manzanita and have rented another house through Manzanita Beach Getaway before and both times it has been a great experience-great houses and excellent customer service with Danielle. Right before we came out Danielle informed us that the fireplace was not working and wouldn't be able to be serviced until after our stay. It would have been fine, but we do like to have the coziness of the fireplace at the beach. Danielle called us the first morning we were there to say that the fireplace could be serviced that day-and it was which was very much appreciated that she had worked on getting someone out to fix it. We would definitely stay at this house again and/or rent another house through Manzanita Beach Getaway.
- Guest Holly K.
- Date of stay 10/10/13
- Review Submitted 11/06/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
Manager response: So glad you and your family enjoyed your stay at Johnny's Garden. I'm so glad we were able to get the fireplace serviced and working for the majority of your stay. I appreciate your understanding in regards to the fireplace having a bad day :) I will forward your comments to the owner regarding wifi. We look forward to your future visits in Manzanita :) Danielle
We spent Thanksgiving weekend at Johnny's Garden and loved every minute! The kitchen has every pot, pan and gadget you would need for a gourmet meal and the home is close to the beach and shops in Manzanita. We took a long walk on the beach, prepared some lovely meals and read a lot. I would (and will) go back.
- Guest Nancy C.
- Date of stay 11/22/12
- Review Submitted 02/20/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway.
The best of the beach!
The best of the beach!
A peaceful place to recharge and reflect. We curled up in the window seat with a book and then walked the 2 short blocks to the beach and wandered south for miles. We loved how the open floor plan allowed us to cook while chatting with friends and family. When we were ready for an outing we could check out the charming shops in Manzanita and then choose between wine and small plates at Vino wine bar or burgers and micro brews at the San Dune (with occasional live music on weekends!) When we got back to the house we had a long bath in the soaking tub with the windows open to let in the sound of the sea. Then we started all over the next day with coffee in the great room as the sun filtered through the coastal firs and pines.
- Guest Mac (Portland)
- Date of stay 12/23/11
- Review Submitted 09/08/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway.
Low Season (October - April) $175/NT (March 14th-March 31st is mid season rate) Mid Season (May) $195/NT Peak Season & Holidays (June-September) $215/nt July and August require a 4 night minimum, Holidays require a 3 night minimum 2 night minimum at any other time. Cleaning fee of $90, 10% lodging taxes on the rental rate, 2.39% Processing Fee $45 non-refundable damage deposit (covers up to $1,500 of unintentional damage) We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and personal checks
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: PDX (Portland Airport) at 105 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 101 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Manzanita Beach at Manzanita
- Nearest Barpub: San Dune Pub at Manzanita
- Nearest Golf: Manzanita Golf Course at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Manzanita at Manzanita
About: If interested in other homes we have, see listing numbers #386370, #442307, #410927, #419155, #445540, #386371, #377478, #422201, #377708, #445545, #445553,
Johnny's Garden is such a great getaway. With only a block to the beach, this home is perfectly located. The multiple sky lights and windows in this home really bring the outside in. One of the best spots in the house is upstairs on the large window seat, reading a book or just drinking your morning coffee. The house has a lot of great features such as the massive wood columns in the upstairs living area or the large floating wood staircase. Come and see why this property is a favorite!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Johnny's Garden is great house for 1 or 2 families looking to have a great beach vacation just a block from the ocean. The garage has bikes, the deck out back has lots of seating and a BBQ. What more can you ask for! Oh yeah, Wifi is being installed in July 2012.
- Primary: 1-503-368-2929
- Secondary: Toll Free 855-368-2929
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Lots of natural light
Large Window Seat
Dining table seats up to 6
Downstairs master bath deep soaking tub.
Fully equipped kitchen
Back deck with BBQ and plenty of seating
Spacious Living Room w/ Fireplace
Kitchen and Living Area
Downstairs master bedroom with queen bed.
Down stairs master bath
Upstairs bedroom with full bed and bunkbeds
Upstairs Bathroom with Shower
Just one block to Manzanita Beach!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, November 16, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.