VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This graceful, Disney-style chateau was built in 1575 and has three stunningly beautiful towers with impressive turrets. Chateau Chamborigaud is set in a lovely 5 acre park in the Cevennes mountains, and enjoys the river Luech flowing lazily along its boundaries. Nimes airport is just over one hour drive away (and the drive itself is incredibly scenic!) and the train station to the Montpellier coast and Paris is only a 15 minute walk away.
There is a substantial terrace around the chateau which is perfect for dining, and in the beautiful park-style grounds you'll find a large heated outdoor swimming pool area with cuisine d’ete, a terrace for BBQs and a changing room.
Chateau Chamborigaud is within a minute's walk of a charmingly beautiful village with adjacent tennis court, shopping facilities, bars and restaurants. There are also many beautiful walks and drives to enjoy in the surrounding area which is also a haven for foodies - it's renowned for its wild boar, chestnuts and mushrooms.
Interior & Grounds Ground Floor:
- Entrance hall. - Vaulted Kitchen with Godin range cooker and Smeg Fridge leading to the terrace. - Lounge. - Vaulted dining room with reception area leading to terrace with 24 place settings. - Vaulted study with internet access and chapel. - Children's lounge - WC - Utility Room - Wine cellar.
- Master Bedroom with four poster double bed and en-suite bathroom with roll-top bath and walk-in shower. - Bedroom 2 with 4 poster single bed and en-suite bathroom leading to bedroom 3 with circular tower with mezzanine raised double bed (for children). - Bedroom 4 with three single beds and en-suite shower room.
- Bedroom 5 with double bed and en-suite bathroom. - Bedroom 6 with double bed and en-suite bathroom. - Bedroom 7 with double bed and en-suite bathroom leading to Bedroom 8 with circular tower and twin beds.
Note: Additional single beds may easily be placed in Bedrooms 2,3,4,7!
- Games room with snooker, table football and seating area.
- Bedrooms 9 and 10 (both doubles) share a bathroom. In addition, there's a living room that can be made in to a further double bedroom if needed - please enquire for details!
- Large terrace for dining and aperitifs. This really is one of the chateau's standout features, and if the weather's on your side (and even if it's not!) you'll find yourself drawn back to spend quality relaxation time here again and again. - Ornamental pond with fountain. - River frontage to Le Luech. - Heated 16 x 6m swimming pool with Cuisine d’ete (summer kitchen with fridge, sink and full lunch crockery), terraces with BBQ, changing room, and WC. The summer kitchen is a fantastic addition which allows meals to be prepared and served right next to the pool - a proper slice of French high living! - A 5 acre park area - Guardian’s house - Rodney the caretaker is on hand at all times, but unless you need him you won't even know he's there! - The property has the most beautiful river running along its boundary! Along its gentle banks you'll find dozens of beautiful places to take the children for fun and picnics. The kids can paddle, skim stones, use fishing nets to catch minnows and swim – all right outside the chateau! - The chateau's swimming pool is designed to allow all-day fun and has a special paddling section for youngsters and a seating section for the older ones - nobody needs miss out on the fun, and in summer it makes the perfect focal point for a great family holiday. - A single tennis court is available, just opposite the end of Chateau Chamborigaud's drive. The charges are modest and booking can easily be made through the chateau's guardian - ideally in advance to avoid disappointment!
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
November to Christmas Nov 1 - Dec 19, 2015 2 night min stay
Christmas to New Years Dec 20 - Jan 5, 2016 2 night min stay
January to March Jan 6 - Mar 31, 2016 2 night min stay
April Apr 1 - Apr 30, 2016 2 night min stay
May May 1 - May 31, 2016 2 night min stay
June Jun 1 - Jun 30, 2016 2 night min stay
July to August Jul 1 - Aug 31, 2016 2 night min stay
September Sep 1 - Sep 30, 2016 2 night min stay
October Oct 1 - Oct 31, 2016 2 night min stay
November to Christmas Nov 1 - Dec 19, 2016 2 night min stay
Christmas to New Years Dec 20 - Jan 5, 2017 2 night min stay
January to March Jan 6 - Mar 31, 2017 2 night min stay
April Apr 1 - Apr 30, 2017 2 night min stay
May May 1 - May 31, 2017 2 night min stay
June Jun 1 - Jun 30, 2017 2 night min stay
July to August Jul 1 - Aug 31, 2017 2 night min stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (£) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the manager / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates:
Included within the weekly hire package is a cleaning lady who comes twice per week. The chateau also has a local chef who is available for private dining, with beautiful local and organic food cooked for you for as little as 35 euro per head. She's a total dreamboat but she's popular and so must be booked in advance - get in touch with our concierge team if you fancy taking advantage of her amazing services.
The chateau has a full-time guardian, and he and his wife are available for airport transfers, baby-sitting/child-minding and chauffeur and taxi services.
Special banquets and formal meals with canapés can also be arranged during your stay - please enquire as early as possible to ensure you don't miss out!
Please contact Oliver's VIP Concierge to arrange any of these services, or ask about what else is on offer!
- Linen & Towels: All provided including pool towels.
- Energy costs: All included except pool heating by arrangement.
- End of stay cleaning: Included.
- Arrival time: 3pm
- Departure time: 11am
- Pets: None inside.
- Smoking: None inside.
- It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
Pay with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
The local village of Chamborigaud is a five minute walk, and contains three small supermarkets, a boulangerie, butcher, 3 restaurants, a tobacconist and a wine shop.
There are two 18 hole golf-courses within an hour's drive towards Nimes, and you'll also find a 9 hole golf course not too far from Villefort (approximately 30 minutes' drive away). The area also has excellent trout fishing and there are several stocked lakes for children. The newly refurbished tennis court is only 5 minutes' walk away if you feel the need for a more intense workout.
The whole area is adjacent to the Cevennes National Park, which is renowned for its beautiful scenery and rivers - here you'll find an abundance of walks through unspoiled countryside. There is skiing in the Cevennes at nearby Mas de la Barque and Mont Aigaoul – ski de fond (cross country) is the most common way to enjoy the area, with a little downhill and tobogganing also available. It's 30-40 mins drive to skiing at Mas de la Barque, and the reservoir at Villefort is 30 mins drive away and offers a huge range of outdoor activities including pedalo hiring, kayaks, sailing boats, mountaineering, canyoning and potholing.
Flights - The chateau is one hours drive from Nimes (Garons) airport (Ryanair from Luton and East Midlands), or 1½ hours from Montpellier (Ryanair from Stansted or Easyjet from Gatwick), or 1¾ hours from Marseilles (British Airways from Gatwick).
Trains - Eurostar to Lille or Paris and then TGV to Nimes. From Nimes either taxi or train from Nimes to Chamborigaud (which goes on to Clermont Ferrand) – the chateau is a 15 minute walk from the train station.
The area also has its own vineyards and free “degustations” (wine tastings) and tours can easily be arranged. The area is rich in beautiful towns with nearby Uzes and the World Heritage Site of Pont du Gard – the Roman Aquaduct is also within an hour’s drive, and is a must see if you've a passion for history!
Ales is the nearest large town for shopping, and is situated a 20 minute drive away. It has the usual hypermarkets, ten-pin bowling, cinemas and a hospital. There is also a doctor's surgery in close proximity to the house.
Walking – the estate is bordered by the River Luech and there are some beautiful walks along its banks straight from the chateau grounds. The nearby village of Pont de Rastel is a short walk away, and is also incredible beautiful and perfect for exploring on foot!
As an additional bit of fun for the kids, the chateau has two Go-Karts which can be hired - please enquire for details! Also available is local pony and horse riding for all levels. Once again, just get in touch and we'll see what we can do!
About: Oliver's Travels was set up in 2003 after two old school chums enjoyed a fantastic holiday with friends in a French chateau in the Dordogne. Oliver & Ravi, the two directors of the company, were amazed at what terrific value these stunning chateau rentals represented and decided to spread the word. Soon after the website www.simplychateau.com was born.
Today we deliver a wide range of luxury villas, private chateau and charming farmhouses throughout France, Italy, Spain, the UK and the Caribbean. We have something for everyone from charming manor houses representing great value for money to fully catered & serviced luxury chateau, all handpicked and chosen with care. Bookings are made direct with the owner of your chosen property to guarantee you get the best booking price available.
Why Banne: At Oliver's Travels we only work with the very best rental properties on the market. All of our properties have been handpicked and we take our customer feedback extremely seriously. We operate a ‘three strikes and you’re out’ policy - that is to say if we have 3 negative reviews relating to any of our properties we cease to advertise it.
We have properties to suit every taste and budget, all chosen with care by our expert team for their unique character, fantastic features and stunning countryside locations.
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House: Free Concierge Service:
As luxury rental specialists we have all the experience in the world helping each and every one of our customers find the most suitable property for their dream holiday. All you need to do is provide us with the details of what you imagine your dream holiday to be, and we'll find the perfect property for you. We can make sure that every arrangement is planned to perfection and each element of your holiday has been refined. Transfers, catering, maid service, tours and activities can all be prearranged to your specific requirements.
100% Financial Guarantee:
We realize that financial protection is an important consideration when choosing a holiday company so to ensure you have complete peace of mind we are bonded members of ABTA.
Lowest Price Guarantee:
Oliver's Travels processes the bookings and credit card payments on the property owner’s behalf. The owners themselves set the rates so you know you are getting the best available rental rate when you book.
Avoid Internet Scams:
Each and every property listed on our website has been checked to make sure that it actually exists. This ensures that you do not become a victim of an internet scam as can happen through an ordinary listing website.