June and September 2014 Only $2,200.00 for the Week
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Schroon Lake cabin description
Lake front home directly on Schroon Lake. House has own beach with plenty of room to sunbath and play in the sand. 50 foot dock leads out to beautiful mountain views over Schroon Lake. The house has 5 well appointed bedrooms all come with linens. You don't have to bring your own. There is a Washer and Dryer so you don't have to bring home dirty wet clothes. The entire house is knotty pine from floor to ceiling. Exposed beams for a rustic feel. There is a master suite that has a full masterbath with its own private deck looking over the lake. There are two bedrooms downstairs, one with a futon bunk bed and the other with one full bed. There are two loft bedrooms that overlook the living room, great for the kids. These two loft bedrooms both have twin beds. There is also a Futon couch that can accomdate two people and plenty of air mattreses. Full kitchen with another full bath. Large dining table so you can eat dinner and have a panoramic view of the lake out the big bay window. There is a card table for family game night or working on your computer. Screened in porch over the lake perfect for sitting outside but still behind screens. Picnic table on the beach for afternoon lunches by the water. Table and benches on deck by grill to have evening BBQ's. Long 300 foot driveway to accomodate plenty of off road parking. Great for snowmobile trailers and trucks. Snowmobile right out the door onto the State trail system. Ice skate directly outside the front door. Jump in the boat and go fishing, or stay on the dock and drop your line in. Pack a lunch and boat to town for a picnic. Boat to Schroon River for a full day of bass fishing. (House does not come with motorized boat but does come with canoe). There is a fully equipped kitchen to make homemade Adirondack dinners. Living room has a warm cozy gas fire place for chilly fall nights. Sip coffee in the morning lakeside while watching the sunrise. House comes with wireless Internet so you can always keep in touch with the office. There is Verizon cell phone service for your cell phones. Go for a canoe ride at dusk and listen to the loons. Build a fire in the firepit on the beach to make smores. The house is decorated in rustic Adirondack decor. House is a perfect homebase for plenty of hiking and exploring the Adirondack forest. Go shopping in the quaint town of schroon. Dine in the many restaurants and bistros. Enjoy desert at the pastry shop. In the winter, drive 25 minutes to Gore Mountain for some serious skiing and snowboarding. Go snowtubing right in the Town of Schroon. Schroon lake is famous for it's Ice Fishing contest. The Town wakes up in the winter and really comes alive.
Keywords: Beach, Lake front, pets allowed, Dock, Loft bedrrooms, cabin, fire pit, snowmobiling, swimming, adirondack, boating, fishing, hiking, skiing, close to Town, restaurants, full kitchen, TV's, 5 bedroom, lots of parking, off road parking, trailer parking, RV parking, dogs, canoe, peddle boat, 2 bathrooms, well decorated, fully furnshed, linens included, close to Town but not to close.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, Beds for 10-11
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Parking Off Street
- Towels Provided
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Gas Fireplace
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Lake front home directly on Schroon Lake. House has own beach with plenty of room to sunbath and play in the sand. 50 foot dock leads out to beautiful mountain views over Schroon Lake. The house has 5 well appointed bedrooms. There is a master suite seperate from living quarters. The master bedroom has a full masterbath with its own private deck looking over the lake. There are two bedrooms , one with bunk beds and the other with one full. Two loft bedrooms that overlook the living room, great for the kids. Full kitchen with full bath. Large screened in porch over the lake. Long 300 foot driveway to accomodate plenty of off road parking. Wireless Internet through out the house. House comes with fully equipped kitchen to make homemade Adirondack dinners. Living room has a warm cozy gas fire place for chilly nights. Sip coffee in the morning lakeside while watching the sunrise. Go for a canoe ride at dusk and listen to the loons. Build a fire in the firepit on the beach to make smores. ...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Wireless Internet
- Outdoor Grill
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Deck / Patio
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Cross Country Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Climbing
- Ice Skating
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Tubing
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Hunting Small Game
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Theme Parks
- Fly Fishing
- Medical Services
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- The house is perfect for year around activities of all kinds. In the summer, do nothing but lay on the beach and let the kids play in the sand. Or, float in the lake on a raft, on the canoe, or in your boat. Go fishing, swimming, hiking, boating right from your door. There are so many near by shops, museums, restaurants. Lake George is about 25 minutes away. Perfect for a day trip. Have lunch on the picnic table right on the beach while still putting your toes in the water. At night, build a fire on the beach in the fire pit. Roast marshmallows to make smores. Sit on the deck with a cup of coffee or tea and take in the views on the mountains as they tower over the lake. Watch the sunset on a wonderful day. In the winter, park your snowmobile trailer and trucks in the driveway and take the sleds right out onto the snowmobile trails. Put the crock pot on so you can come back to have a hot dinner by the fire. Everyone can retire to their own room at night for a warm, comfortable nights sleep....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
My wife and I rented this house just for a long weekend to escape the city. We enjoyed a really nice stay with a warm fireplace, peace and quiet. House was clean and just as pictured. Coming back after christmas again. John & Joan
- Guest Joan (California)
- Date of stay 12/14/12
- Review Submitted 12/17/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, pet owners.
Running girls weekend
Running girls weekend
Comfortable, clean, and perfect spot! Three generations enjoyed the house and the lake. Owner is extremely quick to answer questions and pleasant to deal with. We can't wait to go again!
- Guest Momoftwins (St. Albans, VT)
- Date of stay 09/21/12
- Review Submitted 09/25/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with young children, girls getaway.
Wonderful Lakefront House!!
Wonderful Lakefront House!!
We absolutely loved our stay here. We were looking for a place that was clean, private, right on the lake with a nice beach & a dock for our boat. This house met all our requirements & then some!! It was large enough for all eleven of us, but cozy at the same time. The kids LOVED the 2 loft bedrooms & smores on the beach at night. The owner thought of everything right down to the smallest detail! Witherbee's, the best restaurant in town, is within walking distance. I recomend their upstairs loft, especially on Thursday evenings (they have an open mic night). Food was great & it's such fun! Even though next year it will just be 4 of us we will definitely be returning here!!!
- Guest Colleen (Stuyvesant, NY )
- Date of stay 06/23/12
- Review Submitted 06/30/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, pet owners.
Owner response: Colleen - THANK YOU SO MUCH! You guys were a delight to have. Thank you for leaving the house so clean. Please come back any time. We would love to have you!! Nancy
Right on Lake!
Right on Lake!
Great house. perfect vacation. Kids loved the beach to play in sand and I loved being able to get a tan. Beach has gradual slope into water so my 4 year old could play in the water. My husband caught a gigantic Northern Pike a couple yards off shore. Loved rowing the canoe at dusk with my tea! We will be back.
- Guest Kim (Westchester)
- Date of stay 05/12/12
- Review Submitted 05/25/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, pet owners.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jul 1 - Sep 1, 2014
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Deposits are non refundable. Please note this before booking. However, You can always use your deposit towards future bookings within one year. Please note this policy.
Summer Season Rate is $2500.00 a week. . Summer season runs June 1-September 30. No nightly rates for summer season.
Winter Season Rate is $1200.00 a week. $325.00/night (2 night minimum) Winter season runs October 1- May 30th.
Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years are inclusive of summer rates. Deposits are $400.00 (deducted from total) and are NON REFUNDABLE. DEPOSITS R NON REFUNDABLE!!!!!!!!!!
- Taxes Not included
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: I am an attorney practicing in New York. I have 2 children, 3 horses, one cat and one dog. I have another rental house on VRBO which is listing number #171904 in Disney!
Why the Owner Chose Schroon Lake:
For a lifetime of memorable family vacations!
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
The house is not just near the lake, or steps to the lake or close to the lake. ITS ON THE LAKE. And there really is a wide, beautiful sand filled beach. Not a bunch of rocks with some dirt in between. Its hard to tell what your renting on the internet. you certainly don't always get what you think your getting. My house is different. I WANT you to love it. Not be dissapointed when you get there. Lets face it, if you don't like it, you won't return. And I don't want that. The best part is you don't have to lug your lines to the house!
- Primary: (914) 443-7338 (New York, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front of house looking up from in lake.
Hallway from bedroom
Screened In porch
Looking down from Loft into Living room
Campfire on beach at night
Looking down from Loft
Deck over looking lake. There is a picnic table and lounge chairs on the deck.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, February 01, 2014
5 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.