2 Bed/1 Bath Mere Yards from 18th Green of Old Course-Wow!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
St. Andrews apartment description
10a Pilmour Links is a stone’s throw from the infamous 1st tee/18th green of the Old Course in St. Andrews, a true golfer’s delight! This two bedroom, 1 bath, flat has been completely renovated with your comfort in mind. Super-comfortable beds (which can accommodate 2 couples or 4 singles), luxurious linens and large fluffy towels, an over-sized bathroom with shower over tub, fully-equipped kitchen, washer, dryer, wi-fi, printer and large flat screen television in the living room. The flat has access to the Old Course via a short alleyway from the back patio, is a few doors up from the Rusacks Hotel and a few doors down from the Dunvegan Hotel and Pub.
10a Pilmour is within walking distance of the charming streets of the medieval downtown St. Andrews which boasts excellent restaurants and lively bars, scenic beaches (The West Sands beach where the Chariots of Fire was filmed and The East Sands beach near the harbour) and historic St. Andrews University. For full details of the multitudes of nearby activities, see the Location page.
Tesco supermarket is on the high street (5 minute walk) and Morrison’s (a large supermarket) is just a 5 minute drive so you can fill your refrigerator for breakfast and dinner or for snacks.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Queen size Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Satellite / Cable
- Wireless Internet
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- The flat is within walking distance of the charming streets of the medieval downtown St. Andrews which boasts excellent restaurants and lively bars, scenic beaches (The West Sands beach where the Chariots of Fire was filmed and The East Sands beach near the harbour), the historic St. Andrews University, the Castle, Cathedral, museums, chapels, the rocky Kinkell Braes, St. Andrews Botanic Garden and the Fife Coastal Path (an exhilarating route for walkers and birdwatchers), just to name a few of remarkable sites that are so very easy to visit if you have an afternoon, evening or just a few minutes. For clay pigeon shooting and archery, enthusiasts should visit Cluny Clays near Kirkcaldy which is Fife’s largest outdoor activity venue. All this, not to mention the ancient architecture and so much more, make St. Andrews an unforgettable experience. For branching out on those non-golfing days or for those who don’t play golf, 10a Pilmour is an excellent base for visiting the unique Fife coastal fishing villages (Crail, Anstruther, Pittenweem), distilleries and the northern country. Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen are easily accessible by train or car. The only problem will be having enough time to fit it all in! The style and finish of 10a Pilmour was fashioned from the type of home away from home we appreciate while maintaining the locational Scottish heritage and feel. At the end of the day, our goal was to provide you with an inviting place for you to relax and unwind after your golf experience in the amazing home of golf or your touring day. For history buffs, a visit to the Falkland Palace in the picturesque village of Falkland (a favourite country retreat for the Stuart monarchs, including Mary, Queen of Scots). Another great Castle is Glamis Castle ancestral home of the Earls of Strathmore for over 600 years. Glamis is a living, breathing monument to Scottish hospitality; a place of enjoyment, reflection, laughter and wonder for all. The castle has witnessed more than 600 years of history so why not visit and delight in sharing the many stories, secrets and intriguing tales that surround it. If you fancy some local theatre, check out what’s on at the Byre Theatre in Abbey Street....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Excellent for a Golf Holiday
Excellent for a Golf Holiday
The flat was fantastic for our golf pilgrimage to the Old Course. My GPS said it was exactly 87 yards from the back door to the center of the 18th green of the old course. We simply walked each and every day to the course. The flat was very quiet and we heard nothing during the night. Sleeping was not a problem. We may make a second pilgrimage in the future and would definitely rent again. Thanks for everything. Lyle and Wayne
- Guest Lyle B. (-)
- Date of stay 10/05/13
- Review Submitted 10/30/13
Best VRBO rental we have used to date. Ros was SUPER responsive to all questions and the flat was impeccable as shown in the pictures. Everything in the flat was in perfect order, and the location is fantastic for us as golfers....convenient parking as well. Really appreciated the shopping trip she made to set us up with breakfast food and snacks, so nice to not have to locate a market when we arrived after a long day. Could not recommend more highly, thanks Ros!!
- Guest Richard B. (The Woodlands, TX)
- Date of stay 10/16/13
- Review Submitted 10/22/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, tourists without a car, sightseeing, age 55+.
BEST VACATION EVER!!!!
BEST VACATION EVER!!!!
I was more than pleasantly surprised when we walked in the door. We felt right at home in this cozy flat. I really appreciated all of the creature comforts provided to us. This place is a gem in the middle of golf's paradise. We will definitely be back!! Note- Kingsbarns golf was amazing!! It should not be overlooked! It's worth the trip!
- Guest lauren (atlanta)
- Date of stay 07/07/13
- Review Submitted 07/22/13
Manager response: So happy to hear you enjoyed not only the flat but your trip! We do our best to enhance our visitor's stay by providing a quality home base. Thank you and please come again!
Excellent location, very well maintained and appointed. Walking distance to everything you might need, great shops and the waterfront. Lots of useful information on restaurants and amenities provided. Very comfy and cozy all around. We will definitely be back!
- Guest RJJ (Oakland CA)
- Date of stay 04/11/13
- Review Submitted 07/12/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, tourists without a car, sightseeing.
Manager response: Thank you for the kudos! St. Andrews has a special place in our hearts and we are excited to share this lovely town with others. We strive to help create a memorable experience for our guests by providing accommodations that enhance their visits! We're thrilled to hear we have succeeded!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Travel insurance is recommended. Damages payable at actual cost to repair. Subject to rental agreement and cancellation terms. Rates subject to change. Inquire about rates for Ryder Cup week.
- Taxes Not included
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Train: British Rail at 5 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: A91 at 0.3 Miles
- Nearest Beach: West Sands at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Dunvegan at 0.2 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Old Course at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Dunvegan at 0.2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2007
About: St. Andrews has become the California owners' home away from home and they visit frequently for business and to spend time with their friends and stay in their nearby other home. They want to share the St. Andrews and surrounding areas with friends, family and visitors and so purchased and extensively renovated the 10/10a Pilmour properties.
Why St. Andrews:
The Home of Golf is the place to be! Seriously, there is a charm and sophistication to St. Andrews that is unique. With downtown St. Andrews and the Old Course being so close, this flat is a unique opportunity. The 1st tee/18th fairway and green of the Old Course is just out the back door and there is so much to do and see within a short walking distance (golf, golf, more golf, great restaurants, history, shopping, the list goes on and on), owning this flat just couldn't be passed by.
- Primary: 925-846-7003
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, June 09, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.