Stylish, Relaxing Riad Porte Royale with Pool in Marrakech's Historic Medina
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-4 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Marrakech bed and breakfast description
Stylish Riad Porte Royale is set in the spiritual heart of the Medina, west of the shrine of Sidi-bel-Abbès. It is a few minutes stroll from fine restaurants and the hurly-burly of the tourist trail that leads to nearby monuments and through the colourful souks to Djemma el Fna square. Dating back to 1750 and restored by master craftsmen, Riad Porte Royale has five bedrooms with en suite bathrooms. In the luminous courtyard with a single grapefruit tree, the plunge pool mirrors the dramatic portico and the ancient 'porte royale,' and it is a perfect place to dine under the stars. Textiles, rugs, and objets d'art from the old caravan routes of Asia and Africa accent the white bedrooms. There are several corners to relax in, from the b'hou off the courtyard, to the upstairs loggia or under the designer canopy on the funky pink roof terrace with a view of nearby palms, perfect for breakfast or pre-dinner drink. Where possible, we endeavour to be eco-friendly and provide sustainable services and accommodation.
Fame! Riad Porte Royale has been selected by the Footprint Handbook to Morocco 2009 as 'one of the six most relaxing riads in Morocco' and the Footprint Handbook to Marrakech and Essaouira 2010. Our riad also featured in an article in Budget Traveler and the Daily Telegraph in 2011, and the Iberian magazine, Saber Viver in 2013.
- 400 m²
- Bed And Breakfast
- Bed & Breakfast
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Included In Price
- Housekeeper Included
- Daily Maid Service
- Private Chef
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Low Allergen Environment
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- The Douriya is reached by a 'secret' staircase and has a romantic four-poster bed. The Kilim Room and the Ibn Battuta Room can be arranged either as a twin or a double room. The cot can be put in any room, and if necessary we can put a day bed from the loggia into the Kilim Room as a child bed. The Douriya, Kilim Room and Baluchi Room have reversible air-conditioning. The Ibn Batutta Room and African Room have a heater for the chilly winter nights. The original thick walls have been retained, as have the traditional Moroccan 'key-hole' doors off the courtyard to maximize thermal control. All beds have Egyptian cotton sheets, two pillows per person and for the winter nights duvets and handmade camel-wool blankets. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Children are welcome, but parents must of course be vigilante with the younger ones because of the pool. Babysitting can be arranged. Three course dinners or lunches can be made by the housekeeper to order. We cater for various dietary requirements too. The manager is available to arrange any days trips or make restaurant bookings, airport collection and so forth. Smoking is not allowed in any of the rooms. ...moreless
- Botanical Garden
- Water Parks
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
local services and businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Laundrette - Serviced
- City Centre
sports and adventure activities
- Water Tubing
- Mountain Biking
- Whitewater Rafting
breakfast meal type
- Included In Price
- Catering Available
- Dining Area
forms of payment
- Accepts Credit Card
- Toilet Paper
- Wireless Internet
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Basic Soaps
- Computer Available
- Living Room
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Housekeeper Included
- 4 Ring Stove
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
ReviewsWrite a review
Wonderful memories!Guest comment entered by owner
Just a short note to thank both you and Hagiba for all your help during our stay. We had a fantastic time at Porte Royale. It was without doubt the best place we stayed in throughout our travels in Morocco. Both Anni and I have arrived safely back in Australia and just wanted to thank you both again for your hard work and kindness.
- Guest Craig and Anni (Australia)
- Date of stay 06/22/10
- Review Submitted 07/12/10
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Dec 20 - Jan 4
4 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Discounts: 6 nights or more: £340 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
The Riad sleeps 10 persons. The rates may be negotiable if the number of guests is below this.
Breakfast is included, and meals can be provided on request by our staff for a charge. For a special occasions we can arrange Moroccan musicians. If your group is larger than 10 we can liaise with neighbouring riads on your behalf. Please contact the owner for further details!
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Marrakech Menara at 5 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Marrakech at 2 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: beach at 120 Kilometres
- Primary: +351 (0)226 174701 Home
- Secondary: +212 (0)5243 76109 Mohamed Elaadi at Riad Porte Royale
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The Douriya Bedroom
The Ibn Battuta Room
The Baluchi Room
Relax with mint tea on the roof terrace under the designer canopy
A mysterious lane
A cataract in the Ourika Valley. We can also organise day trips to the Atlas.
Riad Porte Royale at Night
The Kilim Room
The African Room, featured in a magazine
The salon off the courtyard
View from the courtyard to roof terrace
There are six sun beds on terrace, three of which are adjustable
A shop the the colourful souks
The serene Medersa
5 Bedroom / 5.5 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.