'a True Ski-in, Ski-Out Location,' in the Axtel Building!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Location, Location, Location, slopeside in the Axtel Building.
Keywords: Slope side condo, ideal for year round enjoyment.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedrooms, Sleeps 3, Beds for 2-3
- King size beds (1) Newer, Sleep Sofa (1) twin loveseat sleeper
Bathrooms: 1 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Parking Off Street
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Living Room seats 3
- Shared Hot Tub:
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Music Library
- Wireless Internet
Location & View
- Rock Climbing
- Horseback Riding
- Mountain Biking
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Cross Country Skiing
- Recreation Center
- Bird Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Eco Tourism
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Zip Line, Adventure Park, Ride the chairlift up, and cruise down Mt. Crested on your mountain bike. Hiking with popular trails to Aspen, Jeeping with 2 ways to Aspen, via Pearl Pass and Taylor Pass. Rocky Mountain Biological Lab in nearby Gothic. Trailhead Children's Museum, Bungee Jump for kids, Bike Rentals galore. ATV, Snowmobile rentals available. Fly Fishing lessons by the best guides. Wildflower Festival in July (includes ID, photography, hiking and many other activities. Cattlemens Days in Gunnison, parade, dance, Jr. Livestock Sale with 4-H youth participants, mid July, Tough Enough to Wear Pink Dance Fundraiser up at Mt. Crested Butte. Lift Tickets, Medical Clinic, Adult Ski School all in the Axtel Bldg. Geocaching finds galore throughout the Gunnison Country. Horseback riding rentals. Garlic Mike's Italian Rest. in Gunnison (our favorite), Waggin' Tails Kennel doggy daycare and boarding (where our two dogs go). We are on facebook: axtel three seventeen....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Up close and personal
Up close and personal
Watching the mountain web cam weeks before our arrival I wondered about the sound of snow grooming going on. Not a problem. Slept right through it. Everything we needed was right outside our door. The walk to the lifts took about a minute, really. Our kids ski school, we put his skis on and pushed him next door. And restaurants, ski rental and shopping were on the other side. The condo was cozy for the three of us. I loved the seat in the shower to relax but one at a time, the rest of the bathroom is small. The kitchen, we brought the food and the rest was there. And more firewood than we could use. We got a show at night watching foxes and coyotes.
- Guest Pete K.
- Date of stay 03/08/13
- Review Submitted 03/20/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, sightseeing.
Owner response: Glad you and your family enjoyed the condo, however deficient the bathroom may be, the location cannot be beat. The Axtel building was built in the early 70's and they built things pretty tight back then. I noticed you made a reservation early in the season and just knew you would be excited staying at our place. In previous years the rental company would allow 4 people in our 1BR! Find us on FaceBook search for Axtel Three Seventeen. Thank You, Toby & Sylvia
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
There will be an additional fee added to total of 2.9% payable via credit card or e-check.
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Tax Rate 10.5%
Please leave owner's parking permit, and condo keys on table. Discard all opened contents from refrigerator. With the Bang & Olufsen CD player, please do not force closed. It opens with a motion wave of your hand to the left. It does take a bit to closes automatically.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway's most secure form of payment.
HomeAway PaymentsSM is the most secure way to pay and automatically protects your payment up to $10,000 (learn more). Call the owner directly to confirm payment details.
About the owner: We love the Gunnison Country area. We are proud parents of two young men and one daughter-in-law. We are going to be grandparents this autumn. Hubby is retired, and I'm a semi-retired RN. We volunteer a lot in our community.
Why the Owner Chose Mt. Crested Butte:
There's something for everyone. From enjoying the ski season to taking wildflower hikes, attending farmers' markets, craft fairs, local town events, concerts, and much, much more.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
Relaxing on the balcony, listening to summer concerts from the balcony, majestic views of Mt. Crested Butte, Jeeping nearby, Hiking nearby, Zip Line, Miniature Golf, oh, did we mention the Silver Queen & Keystone chairlifts are right outside your door?
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Axtel 317 - the first balcony facing Mt. Crested Butte. Upper snowflake.
The Silver Queen chair lift, right outside.
Eating area adjoins Living Room.
Spice rack, Braun Coffee maker, toaster, microwave, stove, fridge (all newer).
King Bed, new mattress pad, pillows, linens, comforter, duvet cover.
Zip Line yurt. Brody says hi.
Our sweet little kitchen, cabinetry and woodwork by Gunnison Artisan.
Twin Sleeper Sofa, Recliner, custom, lined drapery.
Woodburning Fireplace, old snow shoes, and wooden ski poles add to the decor.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, May 29, 2013