Luxury Country House in Idyllic Rural Setting Above Lake Garda Sleeps 10 + Cots
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Albisano house description
Family dream house in rural hillside setting above Lake Garda. Panoramic views from huge picture windows. 4 beautiful bedrooms. Ample square country kitchen with Aga; ultra-comfortable generously-sized sitting room with local-marble fireplace, boudoir grand piano and wide-screen TV. Satellite internet with wi-fi in house and garden. Studio-bedroom containing DVD and video collection; arched stone-ceilinged breakfast room/cantina, library/dining room with over 1000 books. 4 lovely bathrooms including laundry area. Magnificent walking/hiking and mountain biking from the doorstep in unpretentious, undiscovered and unspoiled area with clean, almost-mountain air. Sleeps 10 comfortably + travel cots. 18 inch stone walls throughout keep it warm in winter and delightfully cool in summer. Nearby riding, windsurf, sailing, hang gliding, Gardaland amusement park, historic Verona with summer opera season + street theatre and concerts. Celebrated local wines cheeses salamis and seasonal fruit & veg (asparagus, radicchio etc).
- 3 story
- 250 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- The ground floor bathroom is also a laundry room containing washing machine and laundry sink. The first floor bathroom is rather posh as the shower base and wash basin stand are custom-made from local pink marble, and being situated next to the entrance area and sitting room it is the one that non-staying guests would use. The three bedrooms on the second floor have 2 bathrooms - one en suite, while the other has a panoramic view over the valley and hills opposite to be enjoyed from the jacuzzi. All 4 bathrooms are fitted with electrically heated towel rails...moreless
- The property is located in a rural hamlet where two local dairy farmers take their herds out to pasture each day and bring them back to the stables to be milked. Anyone looking for an 'away-from-it-all' reading and stodging holiday immersed in the bucolic sounds of Heidi's cow bells, green pastures and meadow fruits and flowers need never use their car once the food shopping has been accomplished. However there are abundant 'activities' within a 20 minute radius, including riding stables, hang-gliding on Monte Baldo, all the sports, swimming and sunbathing of Lake Garda including Gardaland, as well as the historical, literary and architectural delights of Verona, Venice etc. The kitchen is equipped with a 2-oven gas-fired cream-coloured Aga cooker which is usually turned off during the very hot midsummer weather. There is also a fitted gas corner hob as well as an electric oven/grill which cater just as well to the needs of 10+ family gatherings. ...moreless
- Video Player
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Sports & Activities
- Autumn Foliage
- Horse Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
sports and adventure activities
- Mountain Biking
- Freshwater Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Climbing
- Dining Room
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- 4 Ring Stove
Pool / Spa
ReviewsWrite a review
Wonderfully atmospheric Home with gorgeous view
Wonderfully atmospheric Home with gorgeous view
This wonderful country home in the mountains next to Lake Garda was way beyond our expectations. It is beautifully built and furnished, very clean with an amazing and relaxing atmosphere. The views to the mountains from the bedrooms are stunning. We also enjoyed the kind hospitality of its owner. We were extremely happy there and wished we could stay much more, hope to return one day.
- Guest Juli V.
- Date of stay 08/11/13
- Review Submitted 08/29/13
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 1 - Dec 22, 2013
2 night min stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (€) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Villafranca Verona at 35 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Peschiera at 35 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Affi at 20 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: I grew up in Oxford and London but have spent the past 35 years in Verona, married to a local Italian, bringing up our four children and teaching English in the state school system.
Why the Owner Chose Albisano:
When I bought the property in 2000 it was a complete ruin: the roof had caved in twenty years previously and a sizeable tree was flourishing inside the playroom. Two brothers, Alessandro and Agostino, both expert in conservative building restoration took three years to renovate the property, knocking down the outer walls and rebuilding from scratch, using the original hand-shaped local stone blocks. To begin with they both thought that Moie was ridiculously far off the beaten track (3 miles off the main road). But within two years of finishing they had married two sisters living on a dairy farm even further up the mountain at Padonego, and now their children spend all summer long like Heidi and Peter playing in the meadows and running wild. Monte Baldo is a magic mountain.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
In the local Veronese dialect, the word Moie means 'wet'. Underground streams abound here, and less than half a mile away from the hamlet a freshwater spring supplies pure drinking water to the surrounding area as far as Lake Garda. Spiazzi - just 2 kilometres as the crow flies on the opposite side of the valley - has been a place of spiritual enlightenment and pilgrimage for centuries. I, personally was so struck by the 'rightness' and 'harmony' of the place that I had made an offer within 2 hours of first seeing it. Eagles fly high in the sky; deer. foxes, badgers and a variety of butterflies abound, and there are wild bear sightings in the area.
- Primary: +39 3401426444 afternoons and evenings
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Solid stone walls and big panoramic picture windows in two of the bedrooms.
Gas-fired Aga cooker with two ovens for winter cooking and cosiness
Sitting room with a large working fireplace
The traditionally stone-vaulted 'cantina' dining room opens onto the garden
Library/playroom with french windows leading into the garden
Ist Floor studio/bedroom
2nd floor double bedroom with large picture window and en suite bathroom
Extra futon sofa bed in 2nd floor bedroom
2nd floor bathroom en suite with shower
Ground floor bathroom and utility room, with shower
Large, airy kitchen with a traditional gas hob for cooking in summer
Sitting room with a boudoir grand Bluthner piano
Dining room in the vaulted-ceilinged 'cantina'
Doorway leading from the 'cantina' dining room to the Library/playroom
1st floor studio/bedroom with panoramic picture window
2nd floor double bedroom with four-poster bed
2nd floor double bedroom with twin single beds
2nd floor bathroom with jacuzzi bath
Exposed wooden beams on 1st and 2nd floor ceilings