VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Fox River vacation home for nightly, weekly or monthly rental featuring many unique and entertaining amenities! Located in Glen Park Estates in Sheridan, IL, just over an hour Southwest of Chicago. This home, known as Creekside Terrace, offers a great base for canoe trips and more, all the while providing scenic views and the comforts of your own spa.
- Home theater room features 90' HD projection screen, DirecTV, Blu Ray DVD player and XBOX 360 w/ Kinect - Spa and exercise room includes sauna, treadmill, elliptical machine and other exercise equipment - Outdoor kitchen and covered deck offers views of creek and is connected to spa / exercise room - Outdoor hot tub and fire pit - Master suite complete with balcony and jacuzzi garden tub - Living room highlighted by wood burning fireplace - Eat-in kitchen / dining room offers great views from balcony
History: Glen Park was originally established in 1900, along the Fox River in Sheridan, IL, as a resort offering cabin and dormitory rentals in addition to camping on the grounds. This enchanting retreat included a toboggan slide, music stand (amphitheater), dining hall, bowling alley, boat launch and much more. Glen Park was often frequented by many locals and out-of-town visitors, who were drawn to the area.
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
Property Damage Protection$79
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
- Wine trail features several wineries dotted along the Illinois River Road Scenic Byway in Utica, IL
- Several wineries and tasting rooms offer free wine tasting and tours
- Award-winning wines (State and National)
Starved Rock State Park (45 minutes away):
- Offers scenic hiking trails with many waterfalls during spring and after rains
- In 2011, Starved Rock State Park celebrated its 100th Anniversary with more than 2 million people visiting the park from all over the world
Golf (many courses within 30 minutes):
- Several unique, local courses are highly recommended options
- Cog Hill, which has several public courses, is in nearby Lemont, IL, and accepts online tee time reservations
Other nearby local attractions include:
- Antique shopping
- Horse riding
- Race tracks
- Zip line
Chicago (~1 hour, 15 minutes drive):
- Dining & Theater
- Aquarium, Planetarium & Zoos
Year Purchased: 2012
Why the Owner Chose Sheridan: Glen Park was originally established in 1900, along the Fox River in Sheridan, IL, as a resort offering cabin and dormitory rentals in addition to camping on the grounds. This enchanting retreat included a toboggan slide, music stand (amphitheater), dining hall, bowling alley, boat launch and much more. Glen Park was often frequented by many locals and out-of-town visitors, who were drawn to the area.