VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Beautifully decorated, quiet home in the Kona Highlands. Away from 'resort style' living, this very local home is the ideal place to get a true flavor of living in Hawai'i. A house that dreams are made and realized. Located in the cooler elevations, it tends to be less muggy and hot. You can relax on the lanai, barbeque and watch the sunset. Only 10 minutes from the airport and easy to get to. Beaches and downtown Kona are less than 15 minutes away. Two bedrooms, kitchen, and bath upstairs. 1 Queen Airbed and 1 twin futon available for your use. We have a complimentary Concierge service available. Specialty services are available and paid to the provider at time of service.
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
Please ask about Military and Kama'aina discounts.
10% discount applied for stays longer than 6 nights.
Policy available by contacting manager when booking.
Pay with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
There are so many wonderful adventures that you can have here in Hawai’i, that it would be difficult to list them all, however, here are a few that we have enjoyed.
1) Dolphin Quest: Take the time to learn all about the dolphins and interact with them. It is fantastic to be able to touch them and learn about them.
2) Kohala Kayak and SUP: Sean, of Kohala Kayak is a wonderful guide and teacher of Stand Up Paddle. He also does Kayak trips and other water activities. He is knowledgeable about the area and is a very patient teacher.
3) ZipLine: This is quite the adventure and very fun.
4) Mauna Kea Observatories: This is a fantastic day trip. Be sure to take the time to adjust to the elevation at the store for at least an hour before continuing up to the Observatory. There are tours available if you do not want to go up yourself.
5) Paleaku Peace Garden: A wonderful place for looking at different plants and scenery. They have a garden representation of the Milky Way, which is pretty cool.
6) Akatsuka Orchid Gardens: This place has an *amazing* collection/display of orchids for sale and display. It’s on the Hilo side of the Island.
7) Hawai’i Tropical Botanical Garden: Located off of Hwy 19 near the Hamakua Coast. The drive going to the garden is also quite beautiful.
Well, there are lots more adventures available, but, half the fun is finding them!
You may also contact Kona Concierge to book and plan other available adventures of your choosing.
About: Aloha! E Komo Mai! Welcome to our Hale! We are the Northon Family, Jeff, Yukiko, and our children Nicholette, Alyssa and Jason. We have worked together to bring this wonderful house together so that it may be used as a retreat, a vacation house and eventually, Jeff and my permanent residence. We hope to share the love we have for our home with you and give you a chance to experience the wonderful island of Hawai’i.
Currently, we are working and staying on the Mainland until the children finish High School.
Why Private Homes, Kona Highlands: We purchased this house with the intent to move back to Kona after the kids grow up. We have remodeled this house for comfort and beauty and want to share it with those that can appreciate Hawai'i and its inhabitants.
The Unique Benefits at this House: This house is located in the Highlands where the air is cooler and crisp in the evenings but still warm by mainland standards. It is a place where the *rush* of being on vacation can be let go and one can truly relax to the sounds of nature. Being among the Locals, it is very different than the 'Resort Style' living, coupled with the Concierge Service, it is by far, the 'best of both worlds'!! This house is a place where dreams are made and realized.