Large Sea Captain's Estate in Historic Southport Village
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Southport estate description
A spacious, completely renovated, Sea Captain's home in the charming Village of Southport, on the Coast of Long Island Sound.
Steps from the Harbor, the village shops, and the train station to New York City (with connections to Amtrak service North to Boston or South to ... wherever.
Beaches, boating, kayaking, fishing, all near by.
Restaurants abound within easy reach. You can even walk to fine dining, or great pizza. The Village center is so timeless with it's quaint shops and unchanged atmosphere that Hollywood comes here to film classic movies!
Your own private tennis court is great for adults and children alike. When not being used for tennis, kids love it for skating, scootering, or drawing chalk materpieces on the court.
Experience live summer theater at the Westport Playhouse, in the adjoining town.
Explore the nearby waters of Long Island Sound with the owner on his 43' sailboat or 25' fishing boat (with prior arrangement).
Walk to the station and zip into New York City on Metro North Railroad.
Enjoy the fully air conditioned spacious rooms when it gets hot, or head for Southport Beach, just down the road.
Keywords: Walk to Harbor, Walk to Beach, Charming Village, Boating, Kayaking, Long Island Sound, Tennis Court, Air Conditioned, Spacious, Shops, Walk to Train, Train Service, Amtrak, Metro North, Coastal, Coastal Village
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 11-12
Bathrooms: 7 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Parking Off Street
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Wood Fireplace
- Washing Machine
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Linens Provided
- Huge game room, tennis court, short walk to charming harbor and village center, shops, restaurants, kayaking, sailing, public beach near by, frequent train service to New York City, walk to train station, timeless village center used in Hollywood movies, pets with permission, Yacht Club, Hunt Club, Country Club, Fitness Center, squash...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Jetted Tub
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Deepsea Fishing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Fly Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Fitness Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Recreation Center
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Live Theater
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Gambling Casinos
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Minimum Stay is two weeks. Weekly Rate: $5,000 Monthly Rate: $16,500 Season Rate (June 1 through August 31): $40,000 One-half of rent due on reservation. Balance due one week before rental begins. Damage deposit of $4,000. Weekly Cleaning included.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: LaGuardia or JFK or Newark (New York City area) at 55 Miles
- Nearest Train: Metro North Station in Southport (to New York) at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I95 to New York or north towards Boston at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Southport Beach at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Horshoe Cafe or The Artisan or Paci or Grey Goose at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Mohawk at 60 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Country Club of Fairfield or Smith Richardson (7) at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Paci or The Artisan or Grey Goose at 0.5 Miles
- Primary: 917-328-6313
Links to more information:
Southport Harbor leading out into Long Island Sound, just a block away!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, January 25, 2014
7 Bedroom / 7.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.