Quiet and Lovely House on Oak Island
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Caswell Beach house description
This stately beach property overlooks one of North Carolina's most beautifully untainted beaches. Easy and quiet beach access across the road without the crowds. Rear view of scenic marsh from kitchen and living area--use our binoculars to view all of the birds! Walk between the two rows of beach houses and take the board walk to the beach. Watch dolphins pass by, collect shells, or maybe even observe turtles hatching in the evening. Oak Island light house is also located a few houses down the road and open for visitation. House is well-maintained and clean. Kitchen is fully stocked with baking and cooking supplies or chose to eat out at one of many wonderful restaurants in the area.
Keywords: Accessible, quiet, scenic, interesting attractions nearby, fresh interior, clean, spacious, great views, relaxing, inviting, marsh view, beach view, boardwalk directly across street, non-crowded beach,
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- King size beds (1), Queen size Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Covered Parking
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Parking Off Street
- Interior of house is light and airy with multi-colored bedrooms that offer a refreshing place to relax. Large kitchen and dining area with all appliances and cooking supplies. Full freezer and refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, and new electric stove.Washer and dryer. Bedrooms include two rooms with king beds and interior bathrooms, as well as one queen bedroom and bedroom with two twin beds that share hallway bathroom. Three showers inside as well as two outdoor showers. Storage room outside with several beach chairs. Entertainment includes: Flat screen TV in living room with VHS and DVD player, TV with VHS and DVD player in master bedroom as well as TV in upstairs nook. Enjoy playing numerous board games provided or use our Redbox gift card for up to five rentals during your stay....moreless
- Wireless Internet
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
Location & View
- Water View
- Beach View
- Basketball Court
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Caswell Beach is the most private beach on Oak Island with only two rows of houses right by Fort Caswell, a retreat center at the end of the Island. The entire island offers numerous attractions including a golf course, park with basketball courts and playground, putt putt golf, karaoke, coffee shops, and gift shops. There is one major grocery story on the island. Super Walmart as well as other grocery stores and shopping are only several miles off the island. The charming seaport town, Southport, is fifteen minutes away and offers many restaurants ranging from the casual cafe to fine dining. Walk around downtown and stop at boutique shops or visit the pier. Take the ferry from Southport with your vehicle to Fort Fisher and the NC Aquarium or drive less than an hour and a half drive to Myrtle beach which offers many tourist attractions perfect for a fun-filled day trip. Wilmington which is 30 miles away, is also a wonderful place to visit and is located right by the NC Battleship....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Love the deck views!
Love the deck views!
We had an excellent stay at this wonderful property. The location to the beach, a mere 2-3 minute walk, with the beach access almost directly in front of the property is really unbeatable for the price. Also, the view from the back of the house is truly spectacular - miles of miles of unobstructed & pristine marsh view - and it makes the house feel so serene and private. It was very quiet around the house, but I also don't think people were staying to the house to the right of us. The interior is somewhat dated but overall it meets all needs bedding/seating wise. Our only problem was that the upstairs A/C was not working correctly. We emailed the owner but did not know her preferred method of contact was phone. Either way it was not a deterrence to our wonderful beach weekend. The owner was amazing at working with our limited dates of availability and she made the check in/check out a very smooth process. As an FYI, this beach is very quiet and peaceful, more for relaxation. We did however go into Southport one night and it was such a beautiful town. They were literally filming the newest Nicholas Sparks movie there so we were not able to go to Ivan's for a drink (amazing waterfront bar) however we did eat waterfront at another good restaurant, Yacht Basin Eatery (don't remember the exact name)? Overall if you are looking for an affordable, relaxing vacation this is the spot for you. PS. I love that you can see (and walk!) to the Oak Island lighthouse from the house. It makes you feel like you are in true beach mode!
- Guest oceanviewz (Charlotte)
- Date of stay 08/02/12
- Review Submitted 08/30/12
Recommended for: Families with young children, romantic getaway, age 55+.
Relaxing and Cozy - This Place Has Everything You Need!
Relaxing and Cozy - This Place Has Everything You Need!
My friends and I came here for a girl's beach weekend last summer - I could not imagine a better place to stay! There are so many bedrooms with comfy beds, a spacious living area with a TV to watch movies after a long day at the beach. The kitchen is also large and there are GORGEOUS views from the kitchen and back porch. We loved sleeping in, making big breakfasts and eating on the porch before going to the beach. I loved how close the beach was - just across the street! The beach itself is beautiful and has gorgeous sunsets. There are many nice restaurants around and lots of attractions in the vicinity. The house is updated and well maintained. Definitely consider choosing this house for your vacation!
- Guest Katie (Wheaton, IL)
- Date of stay 07/01/11
- Review Submitted 04/27/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
My wife and I spent our honeymoon here in June and it was fantastic. We were surprised at how classy and peaceful the community was. It was a stark contrast from the loud, congested public beach scenes I was used to. From the house there's a great view of the marsh. Its wonderful at sunset. And the beach is a short walk across the street. There were times when we practically had the beach to ourselves. I remember groceries and other basic supplies were within a reasonable driving distance. We bought groceries and cooked our own food in the well-appointed kitchen for the most part. We absolutely loved it, and we'd do it all over again.
- Guest Graham (Four Oaks, NC)
- Date of stay 06/05/11
- Review Submitted 04/26/12
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, girls getaway, families with young children, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Special rate of $1,998* Sunday-Sunday rental for peak season rates June-August 2012 as well as pro-rated for Memorial Day Weekend (May 25-May28th) Call or email for possible discounted rates!! Contact for possible daily rates available *not including taxes
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
Year Purchased: 1992
- Primary: 919-271-7230
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Downstairs master bedroom ( king bed with bath)
Upstairs king bedroom with full private bath
staircase to upstairs
upstairs full bathroom
Private balcony from upstairs king bedroom
Oak Island Light House
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, May 26, 2013