Stone Cottage, Historic Village, Garden and Sea View, for 5 P
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:5-7 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Manager
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Cagnes-sur-Mer cottage description
L´Orangeraie is a wonderful old building, sitting in a garden, in the historic village of Haut de Cagnes. The owners have lovingly restored and decorated it. From the garden and the terrace you have a beautiful view over the Mediterranean.
The silent Mediterranean garden, sunny all day long, offers a dining table and chairs to sunbathe and relax in.
This is a very special and restful property, consisting of two houses, both within an outer wall. The main building offers a living-dining-room as well as a kitchen on the ground floor. Glass doors open from the living-room to the garden. On the top floor, you will find the master bedroom with a double bed consisting of two single beds, a full bathroom, and a small open bedroom with a single bed. Outside the master bedroom, there is a terrace with a view to the sea and the old village. In a separate building, but within the outer wall, there is another bedroom, and next to is is a shower room with a wc.
The house is equipped with wireless internet.
There are around 10 restaurants in Haut de Cagnes, and they are all within minutes from L´Orangeraie. You will not want to miss the 13th century Grimaldi castle, and the Place du Chateau (the castle square).
There is no parking that comes with the house, but you can park in the streets or parking lots of the village (for free) or in a secure, underground parking lot (€42/week).
However, you don´t really need a car. Public transport is very good, except late at night. There is a free shuttle bus that runs up and down the hill every 15 min. From where it stops, there are buses for Antibes, Cannes, Grasse, St Paul and Vence. The train station is about a 10-15 min walk away. The train goes between Paris and Italy, along the beautiful coast.
Keywords: cottage, historic, sea view, garden, french riviera, south of france, cote d´azur, internet, romantic, restaurants, beach, Nice, Antibes, St Paul de Vence, Cannes
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
- Queen size Beds (1), Double Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Cooking Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Cross Country Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Sight Seeing
- Theme Parks
- Scenic Drives
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- The medieval village of Haut-de-Cagnes is located close to the Mediterranean, between Nice airport and the seaside town of Antibes. Famous places like Monaco, Nice, Cannes, Grasse, St Paul-de-Vence are not far away. Go shopping in Monaco, Nice or Cannes or enjoy the many museums and art galleries in the area. Or why not enjoy one of the many beaches close to Haut-de-Cagnes. The closest are about a 20 min walk away (or 5 min by car). There are both public beaches, and private beaches where you can rent a sunbed and an umbrella for the day. Many of the private beaches offer excellent restaurants. If you go a little further away, you can explore the many vinyards in the Var area, or go to Italy in the other direction. Whatever your preferences, you will find a lot to do!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Perfect French CottageGuest comment entered by manager
Perfect French Cottage
This is an amazing house.It is full of character, charmingly quirky yet relaxing and comfortable. The terrace and gardens are beautiful and the location fantastic. Great little places to eat and people watch just steps from the garden gate. It is at the top of a hill but shuttles run every fifteen minutes just be prepared to do a lot of uphill walking. The reward for all the exercise is beautiful views wherever you look.
- Guest Carolyne
- Date of stay 04/29/13
- Review Submitted 10/06/13
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 26 - Dec 20, 2013
5 night min stay
|Christmas, New Year
Dec 21 - Jan 3, 2014
5 night min stay
Jan 4 - Mar 28, 2014
5 night min stay
Mar 29 - May 30, 2014
5 night min stay
May 31 - Sep 19, 2014
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
The weekly rate in low season is 995€, in mid season 1225€ and in high season 1475€.
- Linen/towels per person/set: €20
- Refundable Damage Deposit: €750
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Nice Côte d´Azur at 7 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Nice-Corsica at 13 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Cagnes-sur-Mer at 3 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: A8 Autoroute at 3 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Cagnes-sur-Mer at 2 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Haut-de-Cagnes at 300 Metres
- Nearest Ski: Gréolières-les-Neiges at 30 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Golf de Biot at 8 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Haut-de-Cagnes at 300 Metres
L´Orangeraie - a very special and wonderful old stone house
The house and the garden
A dining-table with a sea-view
There are many colorful plants in the garden
The combined living and dining room has a lot of atmosphere
The staircase leading up to the second floor
The master bedroom and the open bedroom share this bathroom
The old bergerie seen from above
The 13th Century Grimaldi Castle of Haut-de-Cagnes, surrounded by restaurants
The medieval village of Haut-de-Cagnes, from a distance
Haut-de-Cagnes and the mountains
L´Orangeraie sits in a lush garden
You can enjoy the garden all day long
The restful garden
Breakfast on the terrace - with a view to the old village
The stylish kitchen
The peaceful master bedroom, with doors leading out to a breakfast terrace
The open single bedroom, between the staircase and the master bedroom
The separate bedroom, within the outer walls of the property
A detail photo...
The 'restaurant street' of Haut-de-Cagnes, with many good restaurants
Haut-de-Cagnes and the sea
A public beach in Cagnes-sur-Mer
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, November 04, 2013