Riverfront Carriage House with Dock, Incredible Views & Location
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Saugatuck cottage description
This charming Carriage House overlooks the Kalamazoo River, yet is just a leisurely walk from downtown Saugatuck. The second story deck and entry overlooks the River and the expansive landscaped lawn. The deck has a comfortable table and chairs and is an ideal spot for a nice glass of wine and conversations with that special person. There is another large deck at the end of the yard sitting high above the River with an incredible view in all directions. On the lower River level is a nice lawn area w/lounge seating and deepwater dock which can accomodate a 30-40' boat. There is a large living/dining/kitchen great room. The bedroom has a queen sized bed with additional sleeping accomodations in the queen sofa-bed in the living room. The living room has a flat screen satellite TV and romantic electric fireplace. The cottage includes broadband WiFi. The large kitchen has a full set of appliances, cooking utensils and a dishwasher. The adjoining dining area is a great spot for a quiet dinner or enjoyable evening with friends. The Carriage House provides a very private location with great views of the water and a comfortable walk to downtown restaurants and shops.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Small and medium sized pets are allowed with prior approval of the owner. A $200 damage/cleaning security deposit will be required. There is a $50 fee for pets that will be deducted from the security deposit. The security deposit less the fee will be returned at check-out if there is no damage or extra cleaning required. The renter also must agree to confine pet in a crate or wire kennel when they leave the animal alone in the cottage....moreless
- Children Welcome:
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Ice Maker
- Parking Off Street:
- Linens Provided:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Wood Fireplace:
- The Carriage House has a great view and access to the Kalamazoo River connecting Saugatuck with Lake Michigan. It's second story entrance is from a nice sized deck with table & chairs and a great view of the river. It also overlooks the large landscaped yard and another water side deck sitting 40' above the river with a great view in either direction. Walking down a flight of stairs leads to the lower yard on the river with a boat dock for a 30' - 40' boat. The cottage sits in a quiet residential neighborhood setting just a short walk to the downtown. It is a wonderful cottage for a couple looking to get-a-way for a romantic vacation as well as a small family or two couples with or without a boat....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player:
- CD Player
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Massage Therapist
- Water Skiing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Medical Services
- Cross Country Skiing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Jet Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Hunting Small Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Winery Tours
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Outlet Shopping
- The Riveerfront Carriage House is located just a casual walk (4 - 5 blocks) from the downtown business district. It has private off street parking for two cars. It is a second story apartment style cottage with a lovely deck overlooking the landscaped yard and the river. At the end of the upper yard is a great deck overlooking the river below. The lower yard is 40' below the upper at the river level with a 30 - 40' boat dock, which is included with the cottage....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great place and location
Great place and location
This place was absolutely perfect! Well maintained, extremely clean and very nice owners. We are getting ready to book again for this summer and we will stay here! Thank you!
- Guest sharon (Pickerington Ohio)
- Date of stay 08/05/12
- Review Submitted 01/24/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, sightseeing, tourists without a car, girls getaway, romantic getaway.
$1450-$1500 Weekly Rate does not include 8% occupancy tax. Rentals are from Fri-Fri. Advanced reservations require a 4 night stay. $500 deposit is required within 7 days. Upon receipt cottage is considered 'Sold in Advance'. Deposits will be refunded if a cancellation is made more than 60 days before check-in. A $200 damage/cleaning deposit is also required with weekly rentals. Balances due at check-in must be paid w/cash or money order - No personal checks or credit cards will be accepted. 2 - 3 night rentals may be made in the off season or with 2 weeks or less notice. Nightly rate from $225 - $295 plus 8% tax.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Grand Rapids Airport is 45 minutes away at 25 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Chain Ferry to Beach is 3 blocks from Cottage at Saugatuck
- Nearest Train: Train terminal in Holland, Michigan at 8 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Blue Star Highway A-2 is 5 minutes from Cottage at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Oval Beach is 10 - 15 minutes by car from Cottage at 5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Just a short 4-5 blocks from Cottage at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Cross country skiing @ Saugatuck Dunes State Park at 5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: 2 championship golf course are 7-10 minutes away at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Just a short 4-5 blocks from Cottage at 0.25 Miles
About: The owners of the Carriage house are originally from Farmington Michigan where they owned a home and a number of rental properties. Over the years they visited Saugatuck and bought a summer home in the City. When they retired from their jobs they decided to make Saugatuck their home in the Summer. During the Winter they live in their motor home or power boat in Southern Florida and the Keys. the owners have a minature poddle named Tucker and a black cat they call Kitty.
The owners built the Carriage House so that they would have a comfortable place for their friends and family to stay when they visited. When they retired to Saugatuck they decided to rent the Carriage House as a way for the additional rental income opportunity.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Besides a great location on the River this property offers all of the amenities of home and fantastic access to the water. There is even a boat slip for you or a friends' boat or one you may rent while in town. It is a comfortable & cozy get-away spot with easy access to the downtown.
- Primary: 616 836 4546 Hours 8:00am - 8:00pm Monday thru Saturday
- Secondary: 269 857 4771 Hours 8:00am - 8:00pm Monday thru Saturday
- Tertiary: 616 886 6829 Hours 8:00am -8:00pm Monday thru Saturday
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The entrance and deck of the Carriage House faces the River
The living room with queen sofa-bed, electric fireplace, cable TV and DVD player.
Master bedroom with queen bed
Full kitchen with all appliances, cooking utensils and dishwasher.
View from entry/deck towards river. Note deck and swing at end of upper yard
View of upper deck furniture. Stairs to right go down to lawn and dock on river
Boat dock/slip will accomodate 30 - 40 ft. boat. Viewed from upper level deck.
Additional view of Carriage House. Off street parking behind cottage
View of entry deck furniture looking towards river.
Dining area with AM/FM radio and CD player sound system
Dresser in master bedroom
Bathroom counter with hair dryer and owner supplied soap and lotions
View of deck and fireplace at end of yard overlooking river
Lovely swing overlooking river is ideal place for a glass of wine
View looking up to upper deck from the river/dock/lawn level
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, June 22, 2013