Charming 2 Bedroom Cottage in the Heart of Downtown Saugatuck
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Saugatuck cottage description
This weekly rental is a charming, two bedroom cottage for a romantic couples' get-a-way or small family vacation. It has an ideal location just two houses from downtown shops and restaurants yet is secluded on a dead end/cul-de-sac with little traffic and pedestrian noise. The cottage has a very private stone patio in the back off the master bedroom which has an umbrella table and chairs and chiminia for romantic fires on those cool nights. The large side yard is nicely landscaped and is a great place for a picnic, yard games or childs play. There's even a bike rack for storing your bike when not in use. The master bedroom has a top quality queen bed and the second bedroom has a set of twin beds. Your stay includes all linen except for beach towels. The living/dining great room has a large screened cable TV/entertainment center, dining table and sofa. The kitchen is for one person but is fully equipped with all the appliances including a dishwasher. There is only one bath however, it has both a tub and shower. The cottage has central air throughout. You will find the cottage very inviting and decorated in a Mediterranean style. With its own off street parking for two cars, you won't have to worry about finding a parking spot which can be difficult during the season. Being just a stone's throw from everything in town you will find yourself walking everywhere. You will love your time in this cottage and will want to return again. The cottage is rented weekly during the season and on weekends with short notice during the spring and fall seasons .
Keywords: Downtown Saugatuck, Vacation Lodging, Family Vacation Cottage, Seasonal Rental, Romantic, Charming, Intimate, Private, Big Side Yard, Stone Patio
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Small & medium sized pets are acceptable with approval of the owner. A $200 damage/cleaning security deposit will be required. There is a $50 fee for pets that will be deducted from the security deposit. The security deposit less the fee will be returned at checkout if there is no damage or extra cleaning required. The renter must also agree to confine pet in a crate or wire kennel when they leave the animal alone in the cottage....moreless
- Children Welcome:
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Washing Machine:
- Charming, intimate cottage ideally suited for a couple or family with small children, Master bedroom has a queen bed and second bedroom has set of twin beds. Charming living room/dining area has fireplace and is decorated in a Mediterranean style. Secluded stone patio with umbrella table and chairs, chiminia and gas grill, Large side yard ideal for picnics, games or child play, Cottage has off-street parking for two cars and is ideally located on a .quiet dead end/cul-de-sac, just minutes from shops & restaurants...moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet:
- Cross Country Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Pier Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Winery Tours
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Jan's Cottage is located on a dead-end cau-de-sac just 2 houses from the downtown business district. It has off street parking for two cars and a large size yard that is ideal for child's play, games or the dog. There is a large stone patio on the back of the house that is very private and has an umbrella table and chiminea. A sliding door opens from the master bedroom to the patio. You won't find a quieter location that has such great access to the restaurants and shops of downtown Saugatuck....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
$1450 Weekly Rate does not include 8% occupancy tax. Weekly rentals are from Fri - Fri. Advanced reservations require a 4 night stay. $500 deposit is required within 7 days. Upon receipt cottage is considered 'Sold in Advance'. Deposits will be refunded if cancellation is made more than 60 days before check-in. A $200 damage/cleaning deposit is also required with weekly rentals. Balances due at check-in must be paid in cash or money order - No personal checks or credit cards will be accepted. 2 or 3 night rentals may be made in off-season or with 2 weeks or less notice. Nightly rate from $240-$285 plus 8% occupancy tax.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Grand Rapids Airport 45 minutes away at 25 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Chain Ferry is 1 block away at 0.05 Miles
- Nearest Train: Holland, Michigan is 10 - 15 minutes away at 8 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Blue Star Highway A-2 is 5-7 minutes away at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Oval Beach is 20 - 12 minutes away by car at 5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Cross Country skiing is 10-15 minutes away at 4 Miles
- Nearest Golf: 2 championship courses are 5-15 minutes away` at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: Jan and Gary own and operate Marywood Manor Bed & Breakfast and Summer Fun Cottages a seasonal cottage rental business. Jan is a licensed Real Estate Broker and was an owner of a local real estate office until 2000. Gary was a Vice President of a local office furniture manufacture and also retired in 2000. They sail and live aboard their catamaran Adrenalin in the winters in Florida and the Bahamas.
Why the Owner Chose Saugatuck:
They bought this cottage because it looked like a great rental cottage. The cottage has been remodeled with many improvements into one of the nicest cottages in the heart of the town.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
You'll love the location of the cottage just off the downtown business district and will appreciate its' quiet seclusion on the dead-end of Mary Street. You will also love the intimacy and feel of the cottage. It has a coziness that you will find very relaxing and enjoyable. Besides being a great romantic get away it is also an ideal cottage for a young couple with small children. With a great kids park just a block away and with the nice yard open for games and child's play the cottage works perfectly as a place for kids.
- Primary: 616 836-4546 Call 8:00am - 8:00pm, Monday - Saturday
- Secondary: 269 857-4771 Call 8:00am - 8:00pm, Monday - Saturday
- Tertiary: 616 886-6829 Call 8:00am - 8:00pm, Monday - Saturday
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Jan's Cottage is cozy and on a nice lot just off the main business street
The Master Bedroom has a queen bed with fine quality linen provided
Dining table in living/dining great room.
Large side yard is ideal for yard games, child play or pets
Kitchen is small but fully equipped including dishwasher. Washer/dryer included.
View of Korean Dogwood and other landscaping from stone patio
Front door entry to cottage. Ideal size for two or family with small children
View of side yard with patio in back. Corner of off- street parking area.
The living/dining great room has a fireplace.
View from Master Bedroom through sliding door onto stone patio
Twin beds in second bedroom are ideal for children or separate sleeping.
Umbrella table & chairs on patio with chiminia
Dresser and sliding door in Master Bedroom
Dining table and entertainment area. Now includes large screen TV, DVD, etc.
View from stone patio towards lanscaping
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, June 22, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.