Overlook Manor, Luxury Family Estate in Mountains of Virginia
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Hot Springs estate description
The approach to the design of the Overlook Manor is based on an inherited sense of history linked to landed English gentry. The sense of being in the remote Virginia Highlands on a country manor shared with other colonialists constitutes the home’s stored history. Life on the manor grounds revolves around nature, hunting, botany, gardening, art, local crafts and social entertaining.
The house and the grounds reflect the direct influence of its English heritage, Victorian sensibility while appreciating the ruggedness and sense of mountain living in the wilds of Virginia.
The home comfortably sleeps 12 in five bedrooms, each with private bath. There is a convenient powder room on the main floor for guests. The cozy family room with large screen TV and gas fireplace is the perfect place to watch a movie or the big game while fabulous meals are prepared in the gourmet kitchen. Off the kitchen, the conservatory is a quiet place for reading and soaking in the sun or the perfect place to enjoy afternoon cocktails from the bar area there.
Located in the Sheep Meadow neighborhood of Homestead Preserve, Overlook Manor is within 2 miles of The Homestead. In addition, guests have access to the amenities at Homestead Preserve’s Old Dairy Community Center, just a short drive away.
This historic home is the perfect place for families and friends to gather together to enjoy the mountain surroundings as well as world-class amenities.
No pets allowed.
• Sleeps 12
• 5 bedrooms
• 5.5 baths
• 1 king bed
• 3 queen beds
• Two log bunk beds with twin mattresses
• Large ‘kid’s room’ with television and private bath
• Gas fireplace
• Large outdoor space with patios
• State-of-the-art gourmet kitchen
• Wireless Internet and Satellite TV
• Within 2 miles of The Homestead Resort
• Full Old Dairy Complex Access
• 2 Night Minimum Stay
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Basketball Court
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Jet Skiing
- Ice Skating
- Hunting Small Game
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Miniature Golf
- Natural beauty isn’t all Bath County has to offer. Take a tour of some of western Virginia’s most unusual and delightful art galleries in and around the villages of Hot Springs, Warm Springs, Healing Springs, and Bacova, or spend an afternoon exploring shelves of endless old-time treasure in one of Bath’s many antique shops, which carry everything from the finest china to primitive handiwork of centuries past. The George Washington National Forest covers more than 170,000 acres in Bath County, offering outdoor recreation galore, from boating on Lake Moomaw to fishing in the premier trout waters of the Jackson River. More than 120 miles of secluded and sparsely traveled hiking and biking trails offer long blue Allegheny Mountain vistas, access to unusual blowing springs, and views of high elevation cranberry bogs. The Nature Conservancy’s Warm Springs Mountain Preserve protects 13 miles of fragile mountain ridge line, including a high elevation Appalachian forest of rare montane pine barren, some of which you can explore along the Ingalls Overlook Trail. Lake lovers will treasure Bath’s mountain waters from 2,500-acre Lake Moomaw with its marina and boat rental facilities to a lazy paddle by canoe across the lake at Douthat State Park. The Dominion Back Creek Recreation Area provides access to two stocked lakes in a stunning natural setting beneath Back Creek Mountain. Whatever your palate craves, Bath has a dining experience to tempt your tastebuds. Here you can enjoy black tie dining and continental cuisine at The Homestead resort or the casual elegance of a creek side supper in a restored gristmill. Savor fresh baked goods al fresco on a grassy lawn in Hot Springs, or settle in for an evening of down home Southern cooking at a friendly café....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Prices and Availability are Subject to Change.
Nightly rates start at $1,250 for 2 nights.
A 25% deposit is requested to make your reservation. 30 days prior to your stay the remaining 75% of your balance is due.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
All fees and taxes included in price.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
Year Purchased: 2005
About: The Natural Retreats Concierge Service is unique within the self-catering industry. A team of dedicated travel professionals who can tailor make guests holiday experiences by providing advice, expertise and experience for guests to call on before, during and after their stay. The Natural Retreats Concierge Service takes the risk out of self-catering holidays and ensures guests can make the most of every day of their holiday.
Why Hot Springs:
The spaciousness of Overlook creates an ideal place to stay with a group of friends or family.
The Unique Benefits at this Estate:
Kids have their own retreat upstairs with 2 bunk beds and a private bath.
- Primary: 877-805-7794
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 05, 2013