Bull Barn, Restored Guest Cottage
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Warm Springs cottage description
The historic renovation effort completed in 2006 on the Herdsman Cottage and Bull Barn has created an easy and comfortable home away from home. While maintaining the character of the old stucco cottage, the new structure has all the modern conveniences and technology.
The Bull Barn, once part of the historic farm that supplied and served the Homestead Resort, is an independent guest home that complements the Herdsman Cottage. With a spacious living room and well appointed galley kitchen, and breakfast nook, the Bull Barn combines modern comforts with hints of the cowboys of its past. Two full baths partner both bedrooms which comfortably sleep 4. The beautiful garden that surrounds the cottage, as well as the pasture views, make the Bull Barn the perfect home away from home.
This home is Pet Friendly - Pet Fee is an additional $100.
• Internet Accessibility
• Entertainment system (DVD/VCR)
• Washer & Dryer
• Kitchen perfect for a family of 4
• Luscious gardens of yesteryear re-established to their former glory
• Sleeps 4
• 2 Baths
• 2 Queen beds
• Old Dairy Complex Access
• 2 night minimum stay
• Pet Friendly (additional $100 fee)
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Queen size Beds (2), A Pack 'N Play can be provided upon request.
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Ice Maker
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- CD Player
- Shared Hot Tub
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Grill
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Jet Skiing
- Ice Skating
- Hunting Small Game
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Paddle Boating
- Horseback Riding
- Recreation Center
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Natural beauty isn’t all Bath County has to offer. Take a tour of some of western Virginia’s most unusual and delightful art galleries in and around the villages of Hot Springs, Warm Springs, Healing Springs, and Bacova, or spend an afternoon exploring shelves of endless old-time treasure in one of Bath’s many antique shops, which carry everything from the finest china to primitive handiwork of centuries past. The George Washington National Forest covers more than 170,000 acres in Bath County, offering outdoor recreation galore, from boating on Lake Moomaw to fishing in the premier trout waters of the Jackson River. More than 120 miles of secluded and sparsely traveled hiking and biking trails offer long blue Allegheny Mountain vistas, access to unusual blowing springs, and views of high elevation cranberry bogs. The Nature Conservancy’s Warm Springs Mountain Preserve protects 13 miles of fragile mountain ridge line, including a high elevation Appalachian forest of rare montane pine barren, some of which you can explore along the Ingalls Overlook Trail. Lake lovers will treasure Bath’s mountain waters from 2,500-acre Lake Moomaw with its marina and boat rental facilities to a lazy paddle by canoe across the lake at Douthat State Park. The Dominion Back Creek Recreation Area provides access to two stocked lakes in a stunning natural setting beneath Back Creek Mountain. Whatever your palate craves, Bath has a dining experience to tempt your tastebuds. Here you can enjoy black tie dining and continental cuisine at The Homestead resort or the casual elegance of a creek side supper in a restored gristmill. Savor fresh baked goods al fresco on a grassy lawn in Hot Springs, or settle in for an evening of down home Southern cooking at a friendly café....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Our Stay at Herdsman & Bull Barn CottagesGuest comment entered by owner
Our Stay at Herdsman & Bull Barn Cottages
Everything about our first experience was well thought out and wonderful. We felt at home the whole weekend. The customer service and individual attention given to us at all stages (booking, check-in, vacation and exiting) was top notch. Morgan and Debbie were delightful. We had all age groups within our party (18-30, 45-80) and every single person had a truly wonderful time.
- Guest Ashley
- Date of stay 06/21/13
- Review Submitted 07/24/13
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Prices and Availability are Subject to Change.
Nightly rates start at $440 for 2 nights.
A 25% deposit is requested to make your reservation. 30 days prior to your stay the remaining 75% of your balance is due.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
All fees and taxes included in price.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: The Natural Retreats Concierge Service is unique within the self-catering industry. A team of dedicated travel professionals who can tailor make guests holiday experiences by providing advice, expertise and experience for guests to call on before, during and after their stay. The Natural Retreats Concierge Service takes the risk out of self-catering holidays and ensures guests can make the most of every day of their holiday.
Why the Owner Chose Warm Springs:
With its unique history and charm, the Bull Barn Cottage is a cozy weekend getaway waiting to happen!
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Located right across the road from the Old Dairy Community Center and Milk Market.
- Primary: 877-805-7794
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 05, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.