Log House in the Foothills of the Rockies.
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Sundre house description
This guest house is perfect for families and groups. It has 4 bedrooms, 5 beds and a full bathroom on the second floor. On the main floor there is living room with a wood fireplace, a dining room, another full bathroom, and a kitchen with a small dining area. Cozy up on a country night in front of the fireplace and keep the chill away by firing up the airtight wood-stove. Or enjoy the star filled skies from your private outdoor hot tub. During the day spend time on the wrap-around deck, or in the private yard and enjoy the outdoors by cooking on the gas BBQ or outdoor fire pit. For those with horses, we welcome you to bring them out. In the yard there is a barn and corral and you will also have access to a pasture to let your horses out at night. The ranch has two creeks and a river for anglers, paddlers and adventurers. There is also an abundance of wildlife to enjoy for those who like to admire or for those more inclined to hunt. While you are out and about, you may even have the opportunity to see wild horses out on the ranch.
If you don't want to just experience the ranch life and you want to taste it too, we have naturally raised beef for sale that can be waiting in your fridge for you upon arrival. Not only can you have taste of our beef, you can also see firsthand how we raise our cattle.
The guest house is situated in the foothills of the eastern slopes of the Rocky Mountains on a working cattle ranch. It is a place where the hectic life stops and the adventure begins.
Keywords: Log house, vacation home, family accommodation, country getaway, large cabin
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 5-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Fireplace
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Wood Stove
- CD Player
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Lawn / Garden
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Cross Country Skiing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Basketball Court
- Mountain Biking
- Ice Skating
- Hunting Big Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Enjoy the awesome outdoors and the serenity of the ranch, sit back and let the hectic life slip away. There is lots of opportunity for activities both on the ranch and around the ranch. Drive 20 minutes to golf on one of two golf courses, raft the river, fish, hunt, bring your horses and go for a ride, or just go for a walk or hike. While staying with us if you happen to catch a little cabin fever and need to get out, the nearby town of Sundre has lots to offer: Restaurants and shops, a great museum, a library, a pool, and churches. Or if you want to experience the wild, wild west drive out to the Bearberry Saloon for wings on Fridays (family restaurant until 8pm). If you are here during the week you could also visit the Watervalley Saloon on Wednesday for wings (family restaurant until 8pm). Both unique places have great atmospheres and are quite the experience. If you would rather get further away from civilization you could drive up to the Ya Ha Tinda, bring your horses with you or hike up to the falls and have a picnic!! There is lots to do, so come and join us....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Cowboy country relaxation!
Cowboy country relaxation!
We had a wonderful weekend out at the cabin for our friends 40th Birthday celebration! Everyone said what a fantastic property it was and enjoyed it thoroughly! My 5 month old son even had a few firsts out there! First feel of grass, first cowboy and horse ( we met Jason the ranch manager) and first rousing game of bocce ball! After the kids went to bed the adults were able to have a relaxing soak in the hot tub under the stars. The property was rustic yet had everything we could need to have a easy weekend! Thank you again for a weekend we will remember for a very long time!
- Guest Mere78 (Calgary)
- Date of stay 08/16/13
- Review Submitted 08/20/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, age 55+, families with young children, adventure seekers, girls getaway.
Manager response: Meredith, thanks so much for the kind words. My favorite memory of your trip is riding around the corner on the new horse I just bought and seeing the look on your faces as I surprised you all in the middle of your BBQ!! In that short visit I learned that I could use honey as a baste for BBQing chicken and had the opportunity to tell you about your wonderful naturally raised Bar 75 Beef. Glad to hear you had a relaxing weekend. We hope that we get the same opportunities to connect with future guests here at Red Deer River Ranches. Hope to see you next year for the 41st birthday!!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Calgary International Airport at 150 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Sundre, Alberta at 33 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Sundre, Alberta at 33 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Sundre, Alberta at 33 Kilometres
Cabin Living Room
The barn in the yard
Cabin Dining Room
Cabin Living Room
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, October 14, 2013
4 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.