VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
When you enter the doors of Narnia, you leave your worries and stress behind and settle into this comfortable, serene cabin with incredible views of the Appalachian Mountains from both decks. Located on a maintained mountain dirt road at about 2400 feet, you are near whitewater rivers, lakes, hiking, biking, train rides, and quaint NC, TN and GA mountain towns.
Entering into the main area, you find the open living, dining and kitchen area filled with natural light and a wood burning fireplace for those cold winter days and fall and spring nights. The mountain views are constantly changing as you sit on the decks in the regular and hammock chairs. The decks are peaceful places to get lost in a good book or craft project, or just sit and listen to the native birds. The Main bedroom, with it's Queen-size bed and the full bathroom, with its tub shower, complete the main floor.
Going downstairs finds you in a second family room with a sleeper sofa, multi-purpose game table (foosball, mini-ping pong, etc), a second bedroom with Queen-size bed and additional full bathroom with shower. The fully stocked laundry room is also on this floor.
Just a little over 2 hours from Atlanta, Chattanooga, and Asheville, you will find Narnia a great mountain retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life.
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Cleaning fee - $50 for 2 guests, $55 for 3 or more guests
NC Sales tax - 6.75% on lodging and cleaning fee
Cherokee County Occupancy tax - 4% on lodging fee only
10% discount on lodging fee for returning guests.
Presently, payment is by check or wire transfer only.
1/2 payment deposit due with booking and is fully refundable up to 4 weeks before booking date. Full payment due 2 weeks prior to booking date.
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
* 30 minutes from the John C. Campbell Folk School, Brasstown, NC - a renown non-competitive adult learning school which offers classes in craft, art, music, dance, cooking, gardening, nature studies, photography and writing. https://www.folkschool.org/
* 20 – 25 minutes from downtown Murphy, the county seat - you’ll find coffee shops, restaurants, library, museum, shops, and more - http://townofmurphync.com/.
* You're in the midst of top-notch white water rivers – Nantahala (one hour), Ocoee (30 minutes), Chattooga, Hiawassee and others.
* And if rafting, canoeing or kayaking doesn’t interest you; there is swimming, boating and jet skiing at area lakes - Nottely, Hiawassee and Chatuge.
* Other nearby activities include: biking, hiking (Appalachian Trial and other trails), horseback riding, golf, gem mining, concerts, plays, local and regional festivals, flea markets and wineries.