Ocean Pt 3+Bdrm Beach House at 1st Tee/Golfcrt/Ocnvw
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Ocean Point house description
The Ocean Point beach area in 2013 has grown with the sand bar. Open to ocean breezes and great views of the water, ocean, or golf lagoon. Our sunny, contemporary home is elegant, comfortable, functional, and designed for fun. With 1,930 square feet of easy living, supplemented by 796 additional square feet in decks and porches opening off each room, everyone can find space and privacy here.
Our home is about 80 yards from ocean; walk to the Ocean Point pool and play area (about 100 yards) Other fresh water pools are located at the Beach or Cabana Club complexes. The closest beach access would be by Ocean Point pool or across 9th green to Marlin Drive using the golf cart provided with rental.
Please note our floor plan which features three bedrooms, each one open to decks and great vistas and which are located on the upper floor. The comfortable master suite has a King bed, cultured marble twin vanities, marble whirlpool tub, and separate shower. The other two bedrooms, one with Queen and one with twin beds, share an adjacent bath. A sleep sofa is in the first floor den/TV room.
On the main floor a spacious gourmet kitchen with two sinks and ample work space allows room for everyone to be in the kitchen, working or being social. Seating for two is at the island work center; view the ocean as you wash dishes.
A wet bar, comfortable seating, TV/DVD/VCR/satellite, and access to the lagoon-side screen porch and deck are in the adjacent living room. A separate dining room, bath and a sitting room/den complete the first floor. Ideally situated on the first floor, the sitting room with its new interspring double sleep sofa is a great place for the children to watch their programming. Our satellite system features two receivers and three sets.
Our home is designed for beauty and for efficiency of operation and care. The laundry room is conveniently situated on the bedroom floor, and a central vacuum system eases the daily routine. Our housekeeper is very conscientious, and the home is well-equipped. Additional maid service is available at additional charge.
Birding is terrific, not only around our lagoon, but all around the area. Sea turtles nest on our beach and adjoining Islands. Fishing and shrimping are great!
There is everything to do here, and nothing!
Please note, no smoking inside home.
Keywords: Ocean view home overlooking the 1st tee and 9th green of golf course.
- 1900 sq. ft.
- Elevator : if needed, pls inquire
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
Service animals anytime; dog may be allowed for rental, subject to advance owner approval. Please ask. Fripp Island also requires pet to be on leash. Pet security fee and addendum to contract required....moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
- Children Welcome:
- Wheelchair Accessible:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
- King size beds (1) master suite, flat screen TV remote control, pocket doors separate bedroom from sink/dressing area, and another for tub/shower and commode area. Bedroom has ocean view; bathroom overlooks putting green and 1st tee., Queen size Beds (1) other front bedroom. Bath shared w/twin bedroom. Access to front oceanview deck., Twin or Single Beds (2) overlooks 1st tee/putting green/lagoon with sliding door to upstairs deck. Shares bath w/Q bedroom., Baby Cribs (1) none, Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) First floor sitting room/TV room separate from living room.
Small closet. Work desk w/multiple outlets (2nd telephone line) is behind louvered doors. sofa is on 'outside' wall away from living room. Bathroom is next to this room....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
Great ocean-view, well-furnished w/ custom hickory cabinets, newer silestone counters, 2 sinks/disposal, 2 hand soap dispensers, 1 hot water dispenser for beverages, all electric kitchen. Quantities for dishes, glasses and silver for 8. Island has one sink, work area, and seating for 2....moreless
- Catering Available:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Child's Highchair
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Living Room seats 7:
- Covered Parking:
- Washing Machine:
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Facing ocean vistas across the ninth green of the Ocean Point Golf Course, overlooking the first tee, our home is well situated on the quiet northeast end of this private 3, 000 acre island, Access to Island's 3 mile beach at 33 access points, including at Ocean Point poolside. Outside, watch the birds or the golfers from the decks, Limited traffic on our street and jogging/bicycle paths, convenient to Ocean Point, make it easier to explore and enjoy Fripp. NOTE: OP Beach for 2013 has substantially grown due to movement of sandbar. A full-time security staff controls access, Spring and fall months have moderate temperatures, great for golfing, Choose surf, bottom or deep sea fishing or stop at nearby shrimp boat wharfs, Supplementing the natural beauty of our Island is a Bird and Game Sanctuary, loggerhead turtles nest on our beaches and dolphins bring their calves into our waters, Amenity cards must be ordered in advance of stay, Please ask us for details, ...moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library:
- Shared Hot Tub:
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool:
(4) At Fripp, we call these decks. Two in front face street/ocean and run length of home (first floor becomes a covered porch therefore). On lagoon side, ; the first floor has a screened porch and deck while the upper deck is accessed by the 3rd bedroom/twin beds....moreless
- Lanai / Gazebo:
Location & View
- Ocean View:
- Jet Skiing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Deepsea Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Birding, Historic Beaufort with its charming shops, museums and artisans, Parris Island , and the breathtaking ACE Basin, Rentals are available on Island for golfcarts, boats, bikes, skateboards, beach umbrellas, Modest user fees for golf at 6600 yd, George Cobb Ocean Point Golf Links and 6510 Davis Love Ocean Creek course or tennis courts and marina, The Recreation program includes activities for all ages as well as 'camps, ' U-pick strawberries (May), tomatoes or othervegetables and fresh shrimp and fish are available nearby...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Perfect house on the perfect island!
Perfect house on the perfect island!
From the magnificent views to the well appointed kitchen - this was our favorite rental on Fripp! We have visited the island more than 5 times and have stayed at the marsh, the canal and oceanfront. This house is just as described and offers ocean views from each floor. Only steps from the beach and pool - we loved the quiet, low traffic area and the short ride to center island. This was most important as we visited over July 4th and we had never seen it so busy! It was great to visit the activities and then retreat to our serene area ~ With 4 adults, 3 children and our dog, this house provided plenty of sleeping and living space for all. We loved the screened in porch and the decks off each bedroom. Beds were very comfortable and rooms have plenty of storage and space for kids and the toys they brought along. The laundry upstairs was especially convenient and there were plenty of bath towels. This little corner of the island and the lovely beach at low tide offers the widest beach we've found. You can walk out a long, long way before the water gets deep - ideal for our kids. The outdoor shower was great to have every day after the beach. At high tide we often visited the pool right outside the house or went center island. The owners were very easy to work with - and answered all of our questions. It was most important to me that this pet-friendly house was so incredibly clean and free of any signs of pets having stayed there in the past. Beautiful location, comfortable home and all the fun of Fripp! We will be back!
- Guest tammy B.
- Date of stay 06/29/13
- Review Submitted 09/06/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, pet owners, adventure seekers, girls getaway, people with disabilities, families with teenagers.
Happy Family from Ga.
Happy Family from Ga.
We stayed at this beautiful home for a week in July 2009. It was wonderful. Everything in the house was beautiful and clean. The listing was on target. The owner was a delight to work with in making arrangements. The house was comfy and felt like home. The elevator was wonderful for my degenerative arthritis. It was very nice to sit on the front porch and see the waves....very peaceful. We definitely plan a return visit. It is also pet friendly which is a plus!
- Guest Sylvia (Grovetown, GA)
- Date of stay 07/11/09
- Review Submitted 08/02/11
Recommended for: Age 55+, pet owners, adventure seekers, people with disabilities, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
Perfect Beach Vacation
Perfect Beach Vacation
Thank you so much for introducing us to Fripp Island. We had a marvelous vacation in July 2011. Our daughter is 2 and she loved the beach for the first time (we have taken her to the beach every summer since she was an infant but this was the first time she actually enjoyed it!). Having the pool just around the corner is a real treat too. We enjoyed the use of the golf cart and being able to toodle around every evening to see the deer and other wildlife on the island. We look forward to returning each year and making this a family tradition. Thank you so much for all your ideas, suggestions and assistance as we planned our trip! We have already shared the website with several friends and family in case they are are interested in the perfect beach getaway as well.
- Guest Charles and Rebecca (Seneca, SC)
- Date of stay 07/09/11
- Review Submitted 07/27/11
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, romantic getaway.
Owner response: Our guests have written comments similar to the notes and phone calls we receive after families have stayed with us. We look forward to welcoming their family and yours for a stay on our wonderful Fripp Island.
INCLUSIVE RATES: ALL TAXES, newer 4 pass.golf cart,4 Club cards, departure clng., 2 or 3 night minimums vary by date s. Rates subject to change without notice Summer 06/06/2014 - 08/08/2014 $2700 Saturday-Saturday Summer 2014 *Sports 08/10/2013 - 11/14/2013 $1850-2350*2 or 3 night minimum) Fall 2013 *Winter 11/15/2013 - 3/6/ 2014 $1650 (*2 or 3 night minimum) Winter 2013-14 *Sports 3/ 7/ 2014 6/5/ 2014 $1850-2400(*2 or 3 night minimum).Spring 2014 Additional Guest cards may be purchased. Security deposit required covering house,golf cart, and pet, if applicable
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 1996
About the owner: After visiting most Southern beach areas, we find Fripp still the best we have found. There is a feeling of comfort to be on our Island influenced by its size, awe of nature, wonderful residents, varied activities and peace of mind that we find. Being so close to nature is good for all ages. .
Why the Owner Chose Ocean Point:
After vacationing here for more than 10 years, we bought our first house in 1990 just as the Village of Ocean Point was developed. In 1996, we decided to build right next door our own version of the ideal beach vacation house. We love the unique location of Fripp, the advantages of our lot location (after the golf course players leave the course to the wildlife) it is ideal to walk to the pool and OP beach access, watch nature, and enjoy the views. We like the opportunity to travel by golf cart anywhere on Island and find the Community Center and FI Club have many enjoyable activities available. The other pools are within a few minutes.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
There is everything to do here, and nothing to do. We can watch the birds and wildlife, sunrise and sunsets, enjoy being at the beach. The house was designed by us for family, friends, and guests of all ages with ease of daily living and maintenance in mind. We know our Housekeeper always has our property looking its best.
- Primary: Cell: (859) 492-2553 evenings
- Secondary: (859) 278-0011 (Kentucky, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Great 3BR/3BA Beach House Ocean & Lagoon views
Living room with wet bar adjacent to kitchen. An excellent place to relax.
100 yards to Beach access, swimming pools and play area
Partial view of kitchen. Lots of space for making your own lowcountry cooking.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2000.
Date last modified - Thursday, February 20, 2014
3 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.