320 Acre Eco-Friendly Estate with Own Fishing Loch - Orchard View (Small Lodge)
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:3-6 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Portsonachan house description
This beautiful old Scottish Baronial Estate is less than two hours scenic drive North West of Glasgow and sits in thousands of acres of glorious landscape. The Estate enjoys its own fishing Loch with islands and the remains of an 11th century castle. Ben Cruachan, one of the Scottish Munros, provides the backdrop often reflected in Loch Tromlee creating a breathtaking view as you drive up the Estate's track to the three properties.
The Cottage and two Lodges lie within the grounds of the Main House (property 1148035) but enjoy their own privacy.
The Lodges are tucked away overlooking the orchard and fields in their immediate vicinity. The original Lodge 'Orchard View' was built in 2004 and in 2011 we refurbished and extended the existing Lodge to create 'Field View', an additional holiday accommodation with a further two bedrooms. In 2011/2012 we refurbished the original Lodge to create Field View create felxible accommodation by linking the two Lodges through and interlinking but lockable door. Now we can offer comfortable accommodation for two (Small Lodge), four (Medium Lodge) or six people (Large Lodge) enjoying business speed internet and beautiful views of the Estate.
The Cottage on the other hand is our 'all on one level' accommodation and comprises of one double bedroom and an open plan living space with a sofa bed and multi-fuel stove.
A holiday on our Estate is ideal for active couples and families, who enjoy a spot of bird watching, walking, hiking and generally taking time out from the hustle and bustle of city life. Despite its remote feel, civilisation is not far away with Taynuilt being 8miles away and the busy seaside town of Oban being only 40minutes drive away.
Fire Wood is available from us directly but as it does take us a lot of time and effort to provide wood on site we do ask for £10 per large bag. Alternatively coal and logs can be purchase at any of the local supermarkets and garages.
Orchard View (Small Lodge): Portsonachan Vacation Rental by Owner Listing 417025ha
In 2004 this tucked away Lodge was built as a Summerhouse and today it is a popular accommodation for its open plan living space, generous bathroom and comfortable sleeping platform. In 2011/2012 we refurbished the original Lodge to create Field View and now we are able to offer comfortable accommodation for two (Small Lodge), four (Medium Lodge) or six people (combined Lodges). Accessed from the patio deck at the front the Small Lodge comprises of an open plan living room leading onto the kitchenette at the back, a bathroom and a sleeping platform above. Heating is provided by an electric storage heater and the large patio doors with full length windows offer excellent views onto the orchard and Loch Tromlee beyond. Its the perfect accommodation for active couples or small families, who enjoy the vast outdoors and the comfortable indoors.
- 40 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Not Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 0 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 2-6
- This Small Lodge has a sleeping platform with a double bed, but there is room in the lounge for one put down bed in order to accommodate up to three people. If you would like to enquire for up to six people please enquire about Field View - the Medium Lodge in addition to Orchard View (our Small Lodge). The combination of the two offers two double beds as well as two singles (and the possibility of a put down bed). ...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- If you are looking for accommodation for up to six people, please enquire about Field View - our Medium Lodge, in addition to the Small Lodge. A connecting door leads from the kitchenette of the Small Lodge onto the kitchen of the Medium Lodge. This larger facility offers a large double height open plan kitchen/ lounge and two separate bedrooms with one ensuite bathroom. The seating area in the Medium Lodge has a large wood stove which acts as the central heating for the Medium and Large Lodge and the french doors open onto the deck with a lovely view over the fields. The deck is perfect for relaxing, reading and enjoying a glass of wine. This self catering Lodge is perfect for active couples and groups who enjoy walking, cycling, canoeing or just the peaceful tranquillity within this beautiful remote place. Loch Tromlee within the grounds of the Estate offers pike and perch fishing, nearby Loch Awe offer trout and salmon fishing....moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Farm Holidays
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
local services and businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Near The Sea
sports and adventure activities
- Hunting Small Game
- Mountain Biking
- Freshwater Fishing
- Dining Area
- Sofa Bed
- Wood Stove:
- Wireless Internet
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Living Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Cooking Utensils
- 4 Ring Stove
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 1 - Oct 4, 2013
3 night min stay
Oct 5 - Nov 8, 2013
3 night min stay
Nov 9 - Dec 20, 2013
3 night min stay
Dec 21 - Jan 3, 2014
6 night min stay
Jan 4 - Jan 10, 2014
3 night min stay
Jan 11 - Feb 7, 2014
3 night min stay
Feb 8 - Feb 21, 2014
3 night min stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (£) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the manager / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates:
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Glasgow International Airport at 45 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Oban at 18 Miles
- Nearest Train: Taynuilt at 7 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: M8, Erskine Bridge at 40 Miles
- Nearest Beach: beach at 7 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Kilchrenan Inn at 3 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Ben Nevis at 59 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Taynuilt at 7 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2007
About: We are a family of 6 running this farm and self-catering business since 2008. Having moved to Scotland in 2009 we enjoy life on the West-Coast and are keen to meet new people through the nature of our business. On the farm we keep Highland cows, sheep and two dogs. We thrive to share our enthuiasm for the country and its heritage and aim to make our guests' stay a memorable one!
With its remote and peaceful location Ballimore Farm is truely unique and provides the perfect getway from the hustle and bustle of city life!
- Primary: +44 01866833496
- Secondary: +44 07880386261 Mobile phone not always in reception
- Tertiary: +44 (0)7800 80 80 85 Mobile phone not always in reception
Links to more information:
Orchard View (Small Lodge) - Entrance and Patio
Field View (Medium Lodge) - Entrance and Patio
Field View (Medium Lodge) - Dining with a view
Field View (Medium Lodge) - Multi-fuel stove responsible for central heating.
Field View (Medium Lodge) - Upstairs Bedroom (Twin)
Cottage - Master Bedroom
Cottage - multi fuel stove (which fuels the underfloor heating) and sofabed
Cottage - Dining Area
Orchard View (Small Lodge) - Living Space with Sleeping Platform
Orchard View (Small Lodge) - Double Bed
Orchard View (Small Lodge) - Dining Area
Ben Cruachan and the track to our properties
View of Ben Cruachan from Loch Tromlee
Field View (Medium Lodge) - Master Bedroom
Field View (Medium Lodge) - Lounge with multi fuel stove
Field View (Medium Lodge) - Hob and Oven
Cottage - Living Room with wood stove, sofabed, satellite TV and dining table.
Cottage - Kitchen with washing machine, hob, oven and microwave.
Orchard View (Small Lodge) - Sleeping Platform
Orchard View (Small Lodge) - Kitchenette with washing machine
Orchard View (Small Lodge) - Bathroom