Private Oceanside Village 2 Bedroom House
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:Ask Manager
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Cabuya house description
Enjoy an authentic Costa Rican experience! Inhale the tranquility of the oceanside village of Cabuya, just a short drive to the excellent tourist destinations of Montezuma, Mal Pais and Santa Teresa. The property is surrounded by mature tropical gardens. Although it is not a beach house, you can get a glimpse of the ocean thru the dense tropical flora out in the backyard.
The home features two air-conditioned bedrooms, a small bathroom with a large shower, a fully equipped kitchen, a small breakfast table in kitchen and large dining table on back garden terrace. The living room has a TV with DVD player. There is a new safe in the house as well. There's a front porch and lovely gardens with fruit trees and a hammock. It is right in the village yet offers great privacy and security with a fully fenced in property and a gated driveway for your vehicle.
The ocean is just a short walk, and the local bus line is right at front gate and brings you into Montezuma every 2 hours(and from there to Mal Pais, Santa Teresa, Cobano, the ferry, etc.). There are many beach options all along the road from Montezuma to Cabuya. The beaches in Cabuya are rocky, but just down the road is a wonderful white sand beach (Las Manchas or Playa Los Cedros). It is very bike-able all along the ocean, and if you have a car, it is a five to ten minute drive.
Within a very short walking distance of the house are two grocery markets with fresh produce, meats, toiletries, house supplies and more. There are several local fishermen who sell fresh fish daily in town as well. Cabuya is a great choice if you want to be central yet get away from it all!
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Limited Accessibility
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Large shower with a very nice rain shower head.
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Air Conditioning:
- There is a new safe that fits a standard laptop and more.
- Video Library:
- DVD Player
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Ocean View
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Deepsea Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Medical Services
- Wildlife Viewing
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Walk to Cabo Blanco Absolute Reserve- National Park, Cabuya's claim to fame which ends at a beautiful secluded beach. Cabuya Island is accessible for hiking and snorkeling by foot at low tide. Hike to waterfalls, visit the dinner movie theater, take a yoga class or a Spanish class or enjoy live music. Available nearby tours: Tortuga Island snorkeling, canopy tours, horseback riding, scuba diving and sportsfishing tours. A little bar (Salon Higueron) is located at the crossroads and is a friendly little place owned by Jergen (from Germany) that sometimes has live music. You can also visit the Rainsong Wildlife reserve and see their rescued animals. You can rent ATV’s and ocean kayaks at the Howler Monkey Hotel and there are several fishermen that are happy to take you out fishing for the day for a range of prices. El Coyote cafe offers fantastic meals and a variety of activities as well. If you are looking for a more lively nightlife, Montezuma is only a few miles down the road. A small, but busy little Oceanside town, Montezuma has many restaurants and cafes. Street vendors make the street look lively and colorful with their jewelry, pottery, hammocks and more. The long stretch of beautiful sand beaches in Montezuma are lovely. It attracts many visitors from all over the world. If you enjoy surfing, you can do it all around the area, but Mal Pais, about four miles away, is one of the favorite surfing destinations in Costa Rica. The beaches there are also lovely. Hike the road from Cabuya to Mal Pais. It is an amazing hike and takes a little under two hours....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Own private oasis
Own private oasis
My husband, 3 daughters, and I spent 9 nights at El Secret Garden and were sad to leave our little oasis behind. I absolutely loved the ambiance there!! We were surrounded by lush tropical trees and flowers and even a few awesome tropical spiders! We even had a howler monkey in one of our trees one afternoon! We didn't have a car which was just fine as everywhere we went was within walking distance. Super David was just about a 2 minute walk down the road in one direction and Super Chicho a 4 minute walk down the road the opposide direction. We took the bus into Montezuma several times to play on the beaches, buy souvenirs, and eat at the Sano Banano. They had the best Casado ever! We hiked into Cabo Blanco which was amazing, walked out to Cemetary Island at low tide, played at the beaches in Cabuya, and walked down the road to Rio Lajas and saw about 10 howler monkeys up in a tree above the road. They are so noisy! The casita was very quaint and well stocked with all of our kitchen amenities. It was very nice to have a small washing machine/ spin dryer on the back porch for us to use. As we found out, from staying in another town in Costa Rica, the shower heads are extremely different than ours here in the USA. The water is always cold unless you turn a little valve on the shower head which turns on a little heating element inside the shower head. We were very glad that both bedrooms had air conditioners for us to use at night! We were very happy that we had wireless internet at the house so we could skype call our families back home. Jenny was always available to answer any questions we had although she is one busy girl, riding her bike to and from Cobano every day! I would absolutely recommend staying at El Secret Garden!
- Guest Jami (Rapid City, SD/ USA)
- Date of stay 08/04/13
- Review Submitted 08/18/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, tourists without a car, sightseeing.
Manager response: Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I am so happy that you liked the casita. Sounds like a wonderful vacation. Muchas Gracias to you all. Lisa
3 day minimum stay Dec 01-May 30:$75/night..$475/week..long term available June 01-Nov 30:$55/night..$300/week..$500/month for July and August $150 damage deposit required Rates are based on 2 persons, add $10 per night for each additional person Children under 10 are free Full rent due at reservation/damage deposit at check-in $100 extra per week between Dec24-Jan2
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2012
About: We are Canadians who love to travel. I have been to 21 countries and fell in love with Costa Rica so I had to buy a piece of it. Love the culture and the people here. I am a Nurse and will retire very early and move down here to my little casita!
Cabuya is a great place to wind down and get to know the local way of life. Much less busy than nearby Montezuma and Mal pais, yet with easy access to the beaches and rivers in the area.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The home is in a very safe area with great neighbors, yet surrounded by tropical vegetation so you feel like you are alone.
- Primary: +011 250 863 2024 no solicitors! Only for rental inquiries please.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Back Garden with peekaboo Ocean view
Playa Las Manchas a 15 minute bike ride away.
Giant famous fig tree
Kitchen from back terrace
From house to gate
Queen bed in master bedroom
Living room from front door
Gate for vehicle from road
Cabuya Beach and Cabuya Islandso very close, just walk there
Falls between Cabuya and Montezuma-very close and worth the walk!
This is the famous National park at the end of the road! Monkeys are everywhere
Kitchen from living room
Living room from kitchen
Front entrance and porch
To house from road
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, December 04, 2013