Year-Round Lake Home on Lake Minnewaska in Glenwood
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Glenwood house description
This 4 bedroom/2 bath year round lake home built in 1997 is a no
smoking, no pets, sleeps 10 with all the comforts of home. Located
on the 13th largest Minnesota Lake - Lake Minnewaska (7,110 acres).
Excellent lake for swimming, fishing, ice-fishing (winter of
course), boating, jet-skiing, Beautiful sunsets, etc. We are
located approximately 2 hours drive Northwest of Minneapolis/St.
Paul and 15 miles south of Alexandria.
This home is located on a quiet, dead-end road by other private
homes. No Hwy. noise.
Great also for fall hunting, winter ice fishing,
scrap booking/stamping weekends, snow mobiling and so on!
50' private boat dock with boat bumpers and manual boat lift.
Boat/Jet Ski/Ice House Rental:
Hunt’s Resort – Glenwood (NW side of Lake Minnewaska)
* Pontoon & Ice Houses & Gas
Boat and Jetski Rental –
Bobber's Marine – 16141 State Hwy 29, Glenwood
Woodlawn Resort, Glenwood, MN
Kayak Rental -
Gas on the Lake:
Hunt’s Resort – Glenwood (NW side of Lake Minnewaska)
3 Bar/Restaurants on the lake accessible by boat and car. Torgy's - Lakeside Ballroom - Water's Edge
inquire for telephone numbers.
- 1800 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
Fully equipped kitchen (16x8-Main) – Gas stove/exhaust hood, fridge, microwave, toaster, blender, crock pot, coffee pot, dishes, utensils, spice rack, etc. (no dishwasher), extra fridge in basement). Full size ironing board/Iron....moreless
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine
- Iron & Board
- Living Room seats 6
- Home is No-Smoking and No Pets. Nicely furnished and maintained 2,000 sq. ft. house built in 1997. 4 Bedroom/2 Bath (Jacuzzi Bath) (Master-UL 13x15, Bd 2-UL 12x15, Bd 3- Main 9x12, Bd 4-LL 11.5x11.5). New hardwood floors (2011) and comfortable living-dining(26x13-Main) areas. Two decks (10x26-Main & 4x8-UL)overlooking lake with beach front, sunset view. Fully equipped kitchen (16x8-Main) – Gas stove/exhaust hood, fridge, microwave, toaster, blender, crock pot, coffee pot, dishes, utensils, spice rack, etc. (no dishwasher) (extra fridge in basement). 50’ dock & bench, manual boat lift (up to 18’/3,000lbs) & boat bumpers, private swimming & fishing area, fire pit, and horseshoes. Some kids toys & accessories, books, videos, puzzles, board games, high chair, kids stool, baby gates, please bring own port a crib, etc. Only comforters, blankets, and pillows provided (3 – Queens, 1 – Full (basement), 1 Full (Hide-a-bed-basement) and 1 single....moreless
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
- Broadband Access:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden
- Water Skiing
- Winery Tours
- 3 Golf courses within 5 miles and 3 public boat launches. 2 Beautiful public beaches in Glenwood and Starbuck. 3 Public Boat Launches (2 - Glenwood, 1 - Starbuck Marina) 3 Lakeside local bar/restaurants accessible by boat and car.(Torgy's Lakeside Ballroom & Steak House - Glenwood, Water's Edge - Starbuck) Other eateries in Glenwood, Starbuck and Alexandria. Gas available on the lake for boats (at Hunt's Resort). Antique and craft shops in local towns. New bike path circling Lake Minnewaska scheduled to be completed/in progress. 20 mile drive to Alexandria, MN with many major stores, restaurants and services....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
My family has stayed at the Monte Beach house in the past and this year was just as nice as all the others. Nice roomy bedrooms. Kitchen is stocked really well. Lots of toys, games, puzzles and movies. Great deck to watch the sunset. We had really hot weather so fishing off the dock was poor but in the past it's been great. Minnewaska is a great fishing lake...we did catch 2 walleye and a number of big bass and big sunnies out in the lake. Love the fact that there is a boat lift. The owners are wonderful to work with....totally smooth transaction and always very accommodating. All in all a great vacation. Thanks for sharing your house with us!
- Guest Jeannie (Minneapolis, MN)
- Date of stay 08/24/13
- Review Submitted 09/06/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, families with teenagers, romantic getaway.
Owner response: Thank you for coming! Regards, Brenda
Very nice place to bring kids and grandkids.
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 06/22/13
- Review Submitted 07/02/13
Recommended for: Families with young children.
Nice Fishing Weekend!
Nice Fishing Weekend!
What a great weekend! 7 adults and everyone was very satified with the rooms. They were clean and comfortable. The kitchen was a little tight for the indoor meal preparation, but was well-equipped and the extra fridge downstairs was a real plus. We were excited to use the gas grill, but the 2nd night ran out of propane .... kind of a bummer, but was not a huge deal to make due with the oven inside as a back-up plan - when you are hungry, you do what you have to do! Loved the decor and feel of a cozy cabin, very home-y, with plenty of room for 7 adults to move about and do what we wanted, play board games, watch a DVD,read, etc. Only thing that would make it better, would be a fireplace, but wouldn't miss that if it was summer... We caught fish in the lake and were able to clean them in the garage with no problem. We had planned on the dock being there, and was a little inconvenienced when it got taken out early, but was totally understandable with the low water-level. Hopefully next time it will be there - and there WILL be a next time, we will definitely be back. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice cabin, on a beautiful lake, in a great little town!
- Guest SunnyBJ (Minneapolis)
- Date of stay 10/19/12
- Review Submitted 01/17/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, adventure seekers, girls getaway, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Owner response: Thank you!
Nice house a little tight for 10 people.We had a great time around the fire at night it would be nice if a little flatter around fire pit but small inconvenience.Just a nice distance from town if looking for things to do. Thanks Pat
- Guest User (Dassel , MN)
- Date of stay 08/04/12
- Review Submitted 08/16/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Thanks Pat, I agree it gets tight with more than 10 people. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Regards, Brenda
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|Fall, Winter, Spring
Sep 4 - May 20
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
3 hours end of stay housekeeping included.
- Taxes Not included
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Minnneapolis/St. Paul at 125 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 55 at 8 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Starbuck & Glenwood at 8 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Several at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Several at 8 Miles
Year Purchased: 2003
- Primary: 763-2343866
- Secondary: +1 763-767-3959
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
4 Bedroom,2bath year round lake home. Lake levels due vary but swim all summer.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, September 26, 2013