Magnificent 3 or 4-Bedroom Absolute Beachfront Villa in Candidasa
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Candi Dasa villa description
Villa Cocoa Maya is a luxury villa on the Candidasa seafront, set just 20 metres back from one of the town’s very few stretches of sand beach. It has magnificent, sweeping views across the Lombok Strait and is home to a number of internationally celebrated dive sites. Decorated in an eclectic mix of contemporary and traditional Balinese furniture, the luxurious furnishings and free-flowing architectural styling provide a relaxed and comfortable haven. The villa’s four extremely spacious bedroom suites each have their own bathroom and large lounge areas with their own unsurpassed ocean views. Three of the suites also have a balcony. Two extra mattresses are available for a maximum of ten guests to enjoy the villa. In addition there is an open-plan, inside living/dining area, as well as a large outdoor covered lounge set back from the sea, and a dining terrace situated closer to the ocean. The spacious garden is complemented by the massive 18m long infinity swimming pool.
Unusually for Candidasa, the villa leads directly onto a white sand beach (many oceanfront properties in the town have ocean access off a retaining wall only). It is therefore possible to enjoy not only the picturesque little strand right on your doorstep, but also the excellent swimming and snorkelling directly off the beach. In addition, it is one of the few properties in Candidasa where dive companies are able to collect and drop you by boat directly in front of the villa!
No need to lift a finger while staying at Villa Cocoa Maya! Our staff members are there to ensure that your holiday is as stress-free, hassle-free and relaxed as it should be, while affording you privacy at all times.
• Our manager leads the staff to meet the expectations of each guest.
• Two staff provides all the housekeeping, food and beverage services.
• Our cook is in charge of your daily complimentary breakfast, and will provide any other meals you would like off our à la carte menu, or want to have prepared.
• Our security guard ensures the safety and security of the guests and the premises in the evenings.
• The gardener and pool attendant provide discreet maintenance of the garden and pool.
The Balinese are well known in the international hotel trade for their exemplary levels of ‘intuitive service’, and the staff at Villa Cocoa Maya is no exception. Our manager will happily organise – among other things – transport, excursions, snorkelling and diving, restaurant bookings and spa treatments.
Food and beverages
A complimentary breakfast from our breakfast menu is provided throughout your stay. Food is such an interesting, and delicious, part of a Balinese holiday that we offer an à la carte menu of Balinese and international cuisine which is prepared by the villa cook. There are also numerous restaurants in walking distance of the villa.
Our beverage list, for your account, includes both non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks. Tea and coffee is complimentary, as is bottled water from the water dispenser. Safe ice is always used.
In addition we will endeavour to accommodate any dietary requirements or additional beverages which are not on our menu, where possible.
All four of the spacious and light bedroom suites are fitted with king-size beds, bedside tables and lamps, air conditioning, flat-screen TVs, and DVD players. A choice of pillow types is available and all bed linen is pure cotton. Ample cupboard space is provided and each suite has a large open-plan seating area with comfortable sofas. The bedrooms are decorated in an eclectic mix of contemporary and traditional Balinese furniture and artwork.
The master suite, the only accommodation on the top storey, is the piéce de resistance, not only of Villa Cocoa Maya but, we like to think, the whole of Candidasa! To our knowledge this is the only property in Candidasa which incorporates a Javanese joglo as a bedroom and, as an added bonus, has unequalled mountain and ocean views!
A joglo is a wooden frame building built from solid teak, using only joinery. The Javanese designed these knock-down buildings to represent the best of human traits. As such different parts of the building represent different things. Individually built, each joglo is unique, with the carving style and structural details being decided by the craftsman. The joglo in Villa Cocoa Maya is a magnificent example of Javanese craftsmanship and carving.
The bedroom’s special feel is further enhanced by wrap-around windows, and glass sliding doors that lead onto a large private balcony. Views from the Joglo suite stretch across the Lombok Strait to the Blue Lagoon peninsula, Nusa Lembongan, Nusa Penida, and even the island of Lombok itself on a clear day.
In keeping with the history of the overarching structure, the romantic 120m² Joglo suite is appointed with a solid teak four-poster bed, overhung by a mosquito net. In addition there is a day bed on which to relax, a desk at which to work, a flat screen television, DVD player, air conditioner and a fully stocked bar fridge. On the large balcony there is outdoor furniture on which to relax, where you can enjoy early morning coffee or evening cocktails. The bathroom has an enclosed toilet, a basin, a bath and an ‘open-to-the-stars’ shower.
Situated on the first floor of the villa, the 56m² bedroom in the Gamelan suite has its own furnished balcony – leading from glass sliding doors – on which to relax, while drinking in the magnificent ocean views. It also has a beautiful king-size four-poster bed with a mosquito net; and an open-plan sitting area with a comfortable L-shaped rattan lounge suite. There is air conditioning, a ceiling fan, a flat-screen television and a DVD player in the suite and a shared, fully stocked, bar fridge is available on the landing between the Ikat and Gamelan rooms. The large bathroom has an enclosed toilet, a basin and a shower.
Situated on the first floor next to the Gamelan suite, the bedroom in this suite measures 56m². Furnished with a contemporary king-size Balinese bed and a comfortable L-shaped rattan sofa set, this bedroom has wrap-around glass windows from which to admire the ocean views. There is air conditioning, a ceiling fan, a flat-screen television and a DVD player in the suite and a shared, fully stocked, bar fridge is available on the landing between the Ikat and Gamelan rooms. The bathroom comprises a toilet, a shower and a basin.
Situated on the ground floor, this 60m² bedroom leads directly, via glass sliding doors, out onto a patio, the garden, pool and the sea. The suite has a contemporary king-size bed and an open-plan sitting area with a comfortable sofa on which to relax. The bedroom also has a fully-stocked bar fridge, an air conditioner, a ceiling fan, television and a DVD player. The spacious bathroom has an enclosed toilet, basin and shower.
- Vacation Rental
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Included In Price
- Private Chef
- Housekeeper Included
- Car Available
- Children Welcome:
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
- All four suites have king size beds. There are two 3/4 size mattresses which can be positioned in any of the bedrooms for extra guests. A mattress for infants and a camp cot for toddlers is available at no extra charge. All four of the spacious and light bedroom suites are fitted with king-size beds, bedside tables and lamps, air conditioning, flat-screen TVs, and DVD players. Each suite has a large open-plan seating area with comfortable sofas. A choice of pillow type is available and all bed linen is pure cotton. Ample cupboard space is provided. Each bedroom has an en-suite bathroom. There is an additional guest bathroom. All linen and towels, both bath and swimming, are provided....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Air Conditioning:
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Towels Provided:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- DVD Player:
- CD Player
- Music Library
Pool & Spa
Lanai / Gazebo:
There is a large outdoor covered lounge with sofas, chairs, and a desk to work at, with free wi-fi. In addition there is covered Balinese bale in the garden where you can relax and watch the sea....moreless
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Ocean View:
- Car Not Necessary
- Beach View
- Mountain View
- Deepsea Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Tubing
- Surf Fishing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Cultural/tourism activities Because of Candidasa’s excellent position as the gateway to east Bali, there are many fascinating areas to visit if you’ve had enough of lounging on the beach! Listed are a few of the sights surrounding Candidasa that are worth a visit: Besakih Temple – Bali’s Hindu Mother Temple Besakih Temple is about an hour’s drive from the villa, through beautiful scenery. Besakih is the holiest and most important sacred site in Bali. The complex consists of 23 temples located one thousand metres up the slopes of the volcano Mount Agung, the tallest mountain in Bali. Ceremonies at Besakih, of which there are many, are a particularly spectacular sight. Goa Lawah – The Bat Temple Less than a 10-minute drive from Villa Cocoa Maya lies the small but important temple of Goa Lawah. The temple is built just in front of a cave opening in the coastal cliffs and is home to thousands of fruit bats. Legend has it that it is also home to a giant dragon-like snake called Basuki. TirtaGangga Water Palace (Waters of the Ganges) TirtaGangga is an easy 30-minute drive from Villa Cocoa Maya through beautiful rice paddies, with excellent views of Bali’s biggest volcano, Mount Agung. A real feel of old Bali still exists in this region and it is worth taking a trip back to the villa via the beauty of the Sideman region, famous for its handloom weaving. Tenganan Village The isolated Bali Aga people, who are the original Balinese, date back thousands of years. Surprisingly, their bloodline and culture has stayed largely intact over that time and is quite distinct from the rest of the Balinese, with the Bali Aga still speaking a dialect that is entirely their own. Because of their unique beliefs and practices they are of interest to tourists, anthropologists and historians. Tenganan is considered to be an excellent example of a Bali Aga village in Bali. Just a few kilometres away from Villa Cocoa Maya, it is possible here to see examples of the famous double and single ikat weaving; temples; the communal kitchen for preparing ceremonial feasts and the village meeting place. Ubud Approximately an hour’s drive from Candidasa lies the small inland town of Ubud, beautifully situated among picturesque rice paddies. Despite the increasing numbers of tourists, Ubud, known as the cultural heart of Bali, still retains its charm. It is well known for its good shopping, excellent restaurants, fantastic spas, and many spiritual practices and varied courses. Diving The area around Nusa Penida (approximately 30 minutes by boat from the villa) – together with Komodo and Raj Empat – is considered by many to provide the most exciting, and diverse, diving anywhere in the world, with a diversity of fish rarely seen elsewhere. Combined with amazing shipwrecks and coral reefs up and down the eastern Bali coast, Villa Cocoa Maya provides irresistible diving opportunities. Snorkelling If you prefer your marine exploration to be a bit more relaxed, and closer to the top of the ocean, look no further than snorkelling right off the beach at Villa Cocoa Maya! The coral reefs directly in front of the villa allow for the presence of beautiful and diverse fish in warm swimming water. If you prefer, the local fishermen can take you snorkelling further afield at the little islands just off our coastline, or at Blue Lagoon at Padang Bai, or further east at White Sand Beach. There is limited snorkelling gear at the villa which you are welcome to use during your stay. It is also possible to hire equipment in town. The staff will happily assist you with rates and arrangements for the fishing boats, or you can chat to the fishermen on the beach yourself. Nearby beaches While you have a beach right outside the villa you might feel like a change once in a while. The two best beaches in the area to visit, which make for a really nice day out, are Blue Lagoon near Padang Bai or White Sand Beach. Both are great swimming beaches, are about a 20-minute car trip or boat ride away, have snorkelling, excellent warungs(traditional restaurants) where you can eat grilled fish or seafood, and inexpensive sun beds to hire for the day. If you prefer, you can combine snorkelling off the boat with a lazy day at the beach. Trekking There is beautiful rice field, hill and mountain trekking available around Tirta Gangga. It is also possible to trek up Mount Agung. The walk up the volcano of Mount Agung leaves in the early hours of the morning and takes about 4-5 hours to ascend and the same time to descend. White Water Rafting Various operators offer rafting on the Telagawaja River at Karangasem. The rafting portion of the river is about 12km long, takes two hours and has Grade 3 rapids. Cycling Cycling is a beautiful way to see the Balinese landscape and there are tour operators who offer cycling for different expertise and fitness levels, and also tours that include children....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Thank you - Staff at Villa Cocoa MayaGuest comment entered by owner
Thank you - Staff at Villa Cocoa Maya
Thank you to all the staff for looking after us during our stay and thank you to the villa taxi driver for taking us on lots of trips. During our stay we have enjoyed going swimming in the swimming pool and also we like going to the beach to do some snorkelling. Thank you to all the staff for all the tasty meals you made us and thank you for helping to arrange trips for cycling and rafting and snorkelling at Blue Lagoon. Tracy and family, UK
- Guest Tracy and family, UK
- Date of stay 10/24/13
- Review Submitted 10/31/13
Thanks for everything!Guest comment entered by owner
Thanks for everything!
Very much enjoyed the people, the House, the spirit but especially the food. We hope to come back. For us it was like coming home. Our parents came from this country. Thanks for everything. We will think back to this holiday with love. Unfortunately, it's only 3 days. (Translated from Dutch to English via Microsoft tool.) Lilian and family, Netherlands
- Guest Lilian and family, Netherlands
- Date of stay 10/17/13
- Review Submitted 10/24/13
The villa is truly magical!Guest comment entered by owner
The villa is truly magical!
Where do I start except to say Villa Cocoa Maya is truly magical. Komang and her staff made us feel like family. The food was superb. We will have a difficult time leaving, but will soon return. Dean and family, Singapore
- Guest Dean and family, Singapore
- Date of stay 10/14/13
- Review Submitted 10/24/13
Remarkable!Guest comment entered by owner
Dear Nola, We would like to tell you that our stay in the villa was magnificent. The staff, Komang and Ketut, were so kind and helpful, they are really wonderful. The energy in the villa is remarkable and we loved it very much. Wish you all the best, with kind regards, Michael, Netherlands
- Guest Michael, Netherlands
- Date of stay 07/12/13
- Review Submitted 10/10/13
New Friends in ParadiseGuest comment entered by owner
New Friends in Paradise
Thank you so much for a wonderful holiday in this paradise, Cocoa Maya. Right from the start when booking and emailing with Nola Park, we have experienced an extremely good service. And the villa is so amazing. We certainly don't feel like leaving. We have had amazing help from Komang, Ketut, Made and Made and Nyoman and his family. They have helped us in all possible ways and we really feel that we now have some dear friends in Bali. Last night we invited our Bali friends, i.e. the staff, to a party in the garden with suckling pig. We had such a great evening all of us. Thank you, thank you, thank you and see you again! Charlotte and family and friends, Denmark
- Guest Charlotte and family and friends, Denmark
- Date of stay 07/26/13
- Review Submitted 10/10/13
Unspoilt Paradise!Guest comment entered by owner
Thank you to all the wonderful staff who have looked after us this week – the house is amazing and we have had a wonderful time celebrating our son’s 21st birthday. Such an unspoilt paradise, I can’t take my eyes off the view, even trying to write this. Thank you again! Linda and family, Australia
- Guest Linda and family, Australia
- Date of stay 07/06/13
- Review Submitted 10/10/13
Amazing Family Holiday!Guest comment entered by owner
Amazing Family Holiday!
First of all thank you for making our family holiday an amazing time, thank you for being helpful in the booking process. The villa is so much better, bigger, nicer than what we expected, very easy to find, we didn’t have any problem finding this amazing villa. The staff is very, very helpful, friendly, they are very nice to all of us. We love this villa and we had an amazing time, we will definitely recommend this villa to our friends. Deasy and Family, Indonesia and Australia
- Guest Deasy and Family, Indonesia and Australia
- Date of stay 04/28/13
- Review Submitted 10/10/13
Truly ParadiseGuest comment entered by owner
This is truly paradise, quiet nights, lovely swimming, food and staff, so polite and helpful. Massage from Komang rounded off my stay here, the décor of each room so pleasing. Will return here if I can. Terinia and Francis, Canada
- Guest Terinia and Francis, Canada
- Date of stay 03/12/12
- Review Submitted 10/10/13
Perfect location on the beach!Guest comment entered by owner
Perfect location on the beach!
Thank you for a lovely stay at Villa Cocoa Maya! We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect location on the beach. We loved being able to snorkel straight in front of the villa and our sons were amazed at the colourful fish that they saw! The staff were all helpful and friendly and babysat our children each night so that we could go out for dinner! A great end to our Bali Holiday!
- Guest Eleisha and family, Melbourne, Australia
- Date of stay 10/03/13
- Review Submitted 10/04/13
Unforgettable!Guest comment entered by owner
Thank you for a wonderful 10 days at this unforgettable villa. The house and grounds cannot be more gracious, nor pleasing to every sense. The staff are supremely competent and reliable in every way. I will cherish the time spent here, for a long time.
- Guest Stefanie, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Date of stay 09/29/13
- Review Submitted 10/04/13
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|2013 rate for 3 bedrooms
Sep 27 - Dec 31, 2013
2 night min stay
|2014 rate for 3-beds
Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2014
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Daily breakfast for all guests
Complimentary tea & coffee throughout your stay
Bottled water from the water dispenser
11% government tax
5% service charge
We can organise transfers for you. The airport rate is Rp300 000 (approximately $30) for a seven-seater vehicle.
2013 rate for 4-bedrooms, 7 or 8 people
$370 per night for 13 nights or less
$350 per night for 14 - 20 nights
$340 per night for 21 nights or more
2014 rate for 4-bedrooms:
$400 per night for 13 nights or less
$380 per night for 14 - 20 nights
$360 per night for 21 nights or more
- Tax Rate 16%
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Primary: +27 721421187 Please phone between 8am & 5pm Mon to Fri (GMT +2)
Links to more information:
View over the Lombok Strait from the garden. Great diving at the little islands.
View of the house from a fishing boat
Front entrance to the house from the garden
Bale in the garden where you can relax under cover or have breakfast served
The large garden at the villa, unusually on a double stand of land
Joglo suite with beautiful roof wood carvings
Joglo Suite en-suite bathroom
Gamelan Suite with private balcony
Ikat Suite with king size bed
View down the beach outside the villa when the boats have returned
The beach directly outside the villa with fantastic snorkelling right there!
Another view from the Joglo Suite balcony
View of the house from the ocean
Open plan indoor lounge and dining room
View of the pool and beach from the first floor
Ocean view from the bale
Joglo Suite with teak, king size, extra length four-poster bed
Joglo suite at night with magnificent views
Gamelan Suite with king size, extra length four-poster teak bed and sofas
Garden Suite bathroom
Ikat Suite en-suite bathroom
Sea view from the garden
View across to Padangbaai from the Joglo Suite balcony
White Sand Beach, a short boat or car ride away from the villa
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, September 27, 2013