Majestic Estate with Beautiful Gatelodge, Hilton Park, County Monaghan
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
County Monaghan cottage description
Hilton Park’s Gate Lodge is situated on a secluded private estate far from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
The Gate Lodge has been recently renovated to the highest standards of holiday rental accommodation in Ireland, with five star accreditation. In a beautiful setting among the woods and lane ways of Hilton Park you feel secluded in privacy. The cottage is full of old-world country charm and tucked in the gates of the estate with woodlands and lovely lawn all around it.
The Gate Lodge has two bedrooms both ensuite and an added bathroom downstairs. There is ample room for four people. There is also cot and high chair facility for the little people.
This idyllic setting provides the perfect base from which to explore the many historic and scenic sites of Monaghan and the surrounding counties.
Ample parking is provided. It is an Irish Tourist Board approved self-catering accommodation with a 5-star rating.
Facilities in the Gate Lodge include;
2 double/ twin bedrooms (sleeps up to 4)
3 bathrooms (2 en-suite with shower)
DVD, VCR and portable CD, radio and cassette player
Wood burning stove in sitting room
Fully equipped kitchen
Microwave, Refrigerator & Dishwasher
Bed linen and towels
Staff if required/Babysitting
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
- Limited Accessibility
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
Bathrooms: 2.75 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Cooking Utensils
- Wood Fireplace:
- Linens Provided:
- Clothes Dryer
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Washing Machine
- Music Library
- DVD Player
- CD Player
Location & View
Golf Course View:
Hilton Park's Gate Lodge is situated within Hilton Park estate's glorious grounds in County Monaghan, of which you will have full use of whilst staying at the gatelodge. The estate is incredibly beautiful and includes two private fishing lakes, woodlands, pleasure grounds and glorious gardens. It has no public roads so you can truly get away from it all. Ideal for Golfing or Fishing holidays or just relaxing in Ireland, the Gate Lodge is located next to the estate’s 18 hole golf course. Golf is complimentary to all guests who stay at the lodge. The two fishing lakes on the Hilton Estate have ample trout and pike fishing, not to mention a fishing river within walking distance. There are also many walks around the Hilton estate and guests have use of the entire estate whilst staying in the Gate Lodge. The enchanting gardens, mature grounds and ancient trees at Hilton Park make this a truly secluded spot where visitors can really explore and relax in most stunning setting....moreless
- Equestrian Events
- Medical Services
- Pier Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Recreation Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Eco Tourism
- The Gate Lodge is located near Clones in County Monaghan. It is a mere 90mins from both Belfast and Dublin airports. It is located on Hilton Park estate. Monaghan visitors are immediately struck by the charm of this friendly county. It is larley characterized by sparkling lakes, rolling drumlins and unspolit beauty. Heritage centers, museums, a center dedicated to Patrick Kavanagh- one of the country's most famous poets are all situated in the county of Monaghan. The traditions and history of lace making are well documented and there are fine displays in Clones and Carrickmacross- made recently famous after Kate Middleton worn a Carrickmacross lace veil. Sport and leisure enthusiasts will find an abundance of activities throughout Monaghan with championship golf courses, equestrian centers and pony trekking over moorland and forest trails. Just across the border there are many fascinating National Trust houses in Northern Ireland within easy reach. Namely Castle Coole, Crom Estate (nature trails, tea house, museum, boating etc) and Florence Court. There is also a lovely town Enniskillen a mere 40 minute drive with an old castle and great shopping and restaurants. Monaghan Town is also well renowned as a local women's shopping destination and only 25mins drive from Hilton. There is also Oscar Wilde's sister grave to visit with a riveting story behind it which we would be delighted to share! There is something for everyone in this locality. Andrelain junkies are catered for too with rallying, quad biking and paint balling all on offer in the locality. Locally there are also award winning spas, pitch and putt venues, art galleries. Bike hire is also available and right outside Hilton Park gates are the kingfisher bike trails which go on for miles and have various levels of fitness from beginners to more advanced terrain. There is also a local traditional Irish pub within walking distance and at weekend plays traditional Irish music- as does a variety of different pubs locally. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
7 day lets saturday to saturday- €599 2 or 3 night lets available- €399 Rates include all local taxes. Heating oil & Electricity ( all bills) included Booking: 50% taken on time of booking Cancellation: 30 days notice required, if cancelled after this time 100% cancellation fee will apply ( unless the lodge is resold) Please check your travel insurance provides adequate cover.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 1900
About the owner: The Madden family has been living on this estate since 1734 and the tenth generation still lives in the 'castle'. We run a fully catered guest house in the main house. Please see the website to understand a little bit more of what we do.
Why the Owner Chose County Monaghan:
The most fantastic thing about the rental of the gate lodge is the fact that you have use of the entire estate but have the advantage of staying on your own. It is magically situated on a 600 acre secluded private estate far from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, yet easily accessible from both Belfast and Dublin. We also provide a goody basket for when you arrive including eggs, bacon, bread and milk.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
There are so many things to do on Hilton’s 600 acres, from fishing on the lakes, taking a romantic boat trip or a wonderfully exhilarating fresh water swim, highly recommended as a refreshing tonic. Or just play a leisurely game of croquet! The entire estate is truly beautiful and is becoming a rarer and rarer thing of beauty with more built up places. We are very keen on conservation and keeping the wildlife as protected as possible and are therefore proud of the fact that we have red squirrels on the estate (a very rare thing in Ireland). We also have some rare birds and Pine Martin too. It is nature's paradise. The gate lodge was originally a lodge for the driver of the house back over a 100years ago (horse and carriage!). It has a long history to it to so you feel like you are staying somewhere particularly authentic but recently renovated so you have all the luxury of modern amenities. County Monaghan is a very friendly place with people stepping over you to help you and that adds a special magic to the place. And best of all there is a local pub that is said to serve the best Guinness in the country just a walk away through the estate!
- Primary: +353 4756007 Please leave a voicemail if no one answers
- Secondary: +353 863884470 Please leave a voicemail if no answer
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Image of the Gatelodge
View of the Gatelodge from the garden
An image of the table and kitchen area, with view on to the patio terrace
View of one of the bedrooms.Can be converted into double bed. Both ensuite.
Image of Hilton overlooking the lake
View of the lake from the pleasure grounds
Image of boat on the lake, which you have full use of.
The woodlands surrounding the gatelodge
This is the Hilton Park estate on which the Gatelodge is situated
View of the sitting room area. This is open plan between kitchen & living area.
Image of the kitchen of the Gatelodge. Open plan with table to the right.
View of the lake from the jetty.
Image of the gardens overlooking Hilton Park house.
The lovely boat house by the lake, ideal for picnics!
Hilton Park herbaceous border in the gardens.
Garden paths around the Hilton Park estate
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 16, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2.75 Bathroom
Please leave a voicemail if no one answers
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.