VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This cozy little beach cottage is a true gem like no other. It is literally within walking distance to the beautiful Atlantic Ocean.
Nestled underneath old live oak trees you will find this jewel located in a quiet section of the beach. Several updates were recently added to help make your stay at the beach even more pleasant and comfortable. Many of the things we offer are not found in other rental properties.
Built in 1952 by the Anderson family, this home has true 'beach house character' and it's nostalgic appeal will lure you back for many years to come.
The large screened porch offers two ceiling fans and six comfortable wooden rocking chairs. These rockers are not your typical rockers, they are genuine 'Kennedy' rocking chairs.
This particular style of rocker was first recommended by physician Janet Travell in 1955 to John F. Kennedy when he was a young senator from Massachusetts. He suffered from constant back problems from a war injury. She believed that a rocking chair relieved tension in the lower back by keeping the muscles moving, contracting and relaxing.
As President, Kennedy loved the rocker so much that his aides would bring it on Air Force One when he traveled around the country and the world.
Additionally, there are no stairs to climb! This beach house is ground level which makes it nice for the entire family, especially for grandma and grandpa! To make your walk to the beach easier, located on the screen porch is a sturdy, well built, steel mesh wagon to load up with your beach chairs, umbrella, toys and coolers. Fishermen can park their 25' boat/trailer in yard and still have ample space for several cars.
For golf cart, bikes, yard games, etc., there is a Beach Rental shop conveniently located just minutes down the street.
Sink & toilet with privacy integrated into back bedroom...moreless
Accessible large outside deck storage box just added to hold beach toys, chairs, umbrellas, mats, pails/shovels, etc. left by family and past visitors - the condition of these items vary. A previous renter donated some things which is what started this collection. A 3 minute walk (about a 1/4 block) will get you to the ocean water....moreless
Satellite / Cable:
TWC Cable (basic) in summer months only, dual rooftop HD antennas provide year-round HD television...moreless
Original Bose Wave radio for local FM beach music ...moreless
Two 1080i Flat Screens - Living Room and back bedroom. ...moreless
7/4-7/11/2015 Jul 4 - Jul 10, 2015 7 night min stay
7/11-7/25/2015 Jul 11 - Jul 24, 2015 7 night min stay
7/25-8/8/2015 Jul 25 - Aug 7, 2015 7 night min stay
8/8-9/12/2015 Aug 8 - Sep 11, 2015 7 night min stay
9/12-9/26/2015 Sep 12 - Sep 25, 2015 7 night min stay
9/26-11/21/2015 Sep 26 - Nov 20, 2015 7 night min stay
11/21-11/28/2015 Nov 21 - Nov 27, 2015 7 night min stay
11/28-12/19/2015 Nov 28 - Dec 18, 2015 7 night min stay
12/19-1/2/2016 Dec 19 - Jan 1, 2016 7 night min stay
My Standard Rate 7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Refundable Damage Deposit$200
Cleaning is included!
50% reservation required with remaining 50% due 30 days prior to stay
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Just minutes from your 'Tucked - Away' home away from home there is para-sailing, banana boat rides, jet ski rentals, and two nearby Marinas (Marlin Quay & Crazy Sister Marina) which offers tours and deep sea fishing charters. The famous BrookGreen Gardens is only 10 minutes away. Wild Water & Wheels water park is only 5 minutes away, plus many, many other attractions and shows.
Year Purchased: 1952
About: This beach house was built by the Anderson family and used as their vacation home. Now residing in Sanford, North Carolina, son, Bill Anderson works hard to maintain the integrity of his family's cherished beach home. To this day he still loves it's charm and closeness to the seashore!
Why Garden City Beach: Close proximity to the beach is only one of many reasons this property was chosen for location of our family beach house. This very spacious property was a wonderful choice for family gatherings and activities.
During a time when most beach homes depended on the coastal breeze to cool their homes, this property had several old oak trees which graciously caressed our home and kept it cooler than most oceanfront dwellings.
The Unique Benefits at this House: • A true original beach house atmosphere not easily found elsewhere
• Third row back from Ocean
• Sleeps 5 adults comfortably
• Additionally sleeps up to 2 children with inclusion of the queen sleeper sofa
• Back-door kitchen trash pick-up
• Endless tank-less hot water heater
• 2 USB wall outlets beside front living room door
• Ceiling fans in every room
• Remote controlled window A/C s in every room
• Tucked Away on interior of block for less noise, more privacy
• Larger yard space than most nearby properties
• Beautiful grand old oak trees provide ample shade
• Two outdoor ceiling fans on large porch
• Six front porch Carolina rockers (aka Kennedy Rockers)
• House was built in 1952 - mostly with ¾” tongue and groove knotty pine
• Private sturdy built additional outdoor shower offers hot and cold running water
• TWC basic cablevision (for summer months only)
• Dual high definition rooftop antennas provide year round HD television
• TWC Wireless (Wi-Fi) Internet
• Queen sleeper sofa in living room with new topper pad
• Original Bose Radio with remote
• New Full XL in middle bedroom and new twin XL in back bedroom
• 8-Units w/ 240 watts each of motion sensing security lights wrapped around house provide added security
• Two outside rinse-off stations for washing off beach sand before entering house
• Old family beach house, first rented mid-summer 2012
• XM Radio antenna connection embedded next to living room A/C - fits most XM radios
• New wooden 2 inch blinds through-out (except kitchen)
• New counter top microwave
• New 12 cup auto-shutoff coffee maker
• A large wheeled steel mesh wagon to transport beach items is provided
• Ground level house sits on thick concrete base (no stairs)
• New flooring through-out, both carpet and vinyl luxury tile
• Large outside deck storage box added for beach toys, folding chairs, umbrellas, etc.
• Sorry - NO PETS for dander free household