Balboa Island 3 Bedroom House- Private Yard, 3 Houses to the Beach!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:Ask Manager
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Balboa Island house description
Perfect vacations are about relaxation and comfort, and traveling to another place and time. Our newly renovated 1930 family beach home will take you there! Three bedrooms upstairs provide flexible accommodations for up to six people with a Queen bed in one, a Full Size bed in the second, and two Twin beds in the third. The original hardwood floors have been refinished and the period-correct flooring restored. All bedrooms have ceiling fans and feature ample closet space for storage. In the upstairs bathroom we retained the original cheerful yellow tiles and full size tub. Downstairs is a fully equipped kitchen with gas stove and oven, a microwave, coffee maker/coffee grinder, blender, toaster, waffle maker, and all utensils and service for 8+. Also, downstairs is the comfortable and airy living and dining area with our original brick and wood-paneled fireplace, couch, and bay-window seating. The downstairs bathroom features vintage tile and the original built in cabinets and shower. Local phone service, satellite TV and music, a DVD player, and wireless internet are all provided. Fronting the bay windows is a small patio in for people-watching and/or romantic sunset cocktails, while the large back yard garden and patio provides a private, personal area equipped with a gas fired barbeque for outdoor dining and relaxing with your family. The back yard also provides a convenient place to store your rafts and water toys. There's even a sand area in the yard for the children to play in while you barbeque, and an outdoor shower to rinse off with after a day at the beach.
Summer can be a busy time at the beach and our off-street at-your-doorstep driveway relieves you of the stress of looking for a parking space, and the new high efficiency washer and dryer in the laundry room mean you can spend your time at the beach instead of at the Laundromat.
- Vacation Rental
The backyard provides an off-street area with sand for youngsters to play, and the bay-beach 3 houses away at the end of the street has a gentle sand beach down to the quiet waters of Newport Bay. There are lots kid-oriented shops 2 blocks away on Marine Avenue, and the ferry ride and nearby Fun Zone arcades are entertainment from another era. Public piers provide fishing access for youngsters. Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, the Science Discovery Center, and a host of other famous child-centered destinations are within a half-hours drive...moreless
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Queen size Beds (1) New mattress and boxspring set, mattress protector and non-allergic pillow covers 2012., Double Beds (1) New mattress and boxspring, mattress protector and non-allergic pillow covers 2012., Twin or Single Beds (2) New mattress and boxspring set, mattress protector and non-allergic pillow covers 2012....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
Gas stovetop and oven with broiler, microwave, new dishwasher, dishmaster, refrigerator, new garbage disposal, blender, coffee maker with timer so you can wake up to fresh coffee :-), coffee grinder for whole beans (available from markets and Starbucks within 3 blocks walk), rice maker, toaster, waffle maker,...moreless
- Cooking Utensils:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Electric hair dryer, iron and ironing board provided. Linen Service available at extra cost. Our property manager Mary Martin is just 2 blocks away if any needs arise during your stay. On Balboa Island almost anything you can want or imagine is either within walking distance or a short drive away. Whether it's a day at the beach, in the surf, or on the water; a day of shopping, golfing, or sightseeing; or an evening of live music and dining out at any of the waterfront or inland eateries our comfy vintage beach cottage will serve as your perfect home-away-from-home. If you have questions about specific amenities or activities contact Mary Martin at 949-673-4062....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
Deck / Patio:
(2) Large (for the Island) private backyard patio with peaceful garden area, birds (if you fill the bird bath and bird feeder), limes and lemons and peaches in season, patio table with seating for 6 perfect for outdoor dining or sunrise coffee, market umbrella and patio cover, vintage 'glider' swing, BBQ, and a sand area for kids to play. Small front patio with table and chairs for four- Great for people watching, beach breezes, and sunsets!...moreless
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Medical Services
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Miniature Golf
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- We're just two short blocks from Balboa Island's famed Marine Avenue, where you will find an eclectic blend of shops, restaurants, and services; and only three houses away from the bayfront. The beach is child-friendly with gently sloping sand to the waters edge. The beachfront boardwalk circles the island and is a favorite for joggers, walkers, and people-watchers. A short walk and a ferry ride across the bay takes you to the the Balboa Peninsula and sportfishing, ocean pier fishing, arcades, surfing, and the historic Fun Zone ferris wheel. The picturesque Balboa Pavillion serves as the jumping off point for daily adventures to Catalina Island. If you can tear yourself away from the beach, a few minutes drive brings you to Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, John Wayne Airport, and the host of exceptional cultural, dining and shopping opportunities for which Orange County is known....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
$2,800 per week Summer*. $3,000 per month Winter. *Rates do not include 10% City Occupancy tax *Payment with Amex, Mastercard, Visa, or Paypal adds an additional 1% fee on total *Weekly Rates are based on 7 day minimum. *Weekly rates are based on arrival Saturday, other days subject to availability *Contact manager for additional information on deposits and linen service costs *Cancellation fee of 10% and refunds ONLY if the dates you reserved are re-rented.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
Year Purchased: 1930
About: I was born here and raised in this house. As you can imagine, I spent much of my childhood on the beaches or in the water and grew up with a love for the out-of-doors. Studies and degrees followed in biology, natural resource management, and education and I have spent my career teaching and sharing my enthusiasm for science and nature with others around the state. When my family and I are not enjoying 'Island Time' on Balboa Island we currently live and work in the Sierra Nevada near Yosemite National Park.
Why Balboa Island:
My grandparents built our beach home in 1930. My mother made it our permanent home when she married my Dad in 1952, and now our daughter as the fourth generation looks forward to her Island Time as much as I do. Although the mainland is in the 21st century, when I am on the island I can find myself back in the earlier, easier times. Whether it's coffee with the birds in the garden and an AM walk around the island or kayaking the bay at sunset, I know the Aloha of Island Time will find you as well.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Many of the vintage beach homes are gone, and with them the casual Aloha of old Balboa Island. We have chosen to renovate our home and retain that spirit for us all to enjoy! Steps away from the beach and the shops of Marine avenue, yet just off the waterfront bustle enough to provide a sense of relaxation and serenity, here you can truly be on vacation on Island Time. Most of the vacation rentals have multiple units: a front unit, a back unit, an upstairs unit...Here you are home upstairs, downstairs, front patio, and backyard garden/ patio/ play area- It's all yours to enjoy in the Island style.
- Primary: +1 (949) 673 4062
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Just 3 houses from the beach and waterfront, with your own private parking space
Airy and cheerful, the living/dining area features a bay window,fireplace,andTV
Fully equipped kitchen with everything from a new dishwasher to a wafflemaker:-)
Downstairs vintage tile and a warm shower greet you after a day at the beach.
Twin beds, and the cafe/game table in the bay window has a view to the bay.
Enjoy the original deep bathtub upstairs for a relaxing soak before bedtime.
Private backyard patio dining, garden, and BBQ and even a sandlot for the kids!
The living area and west-facing bay window. The front patio is just outside.
Functional and fun! Freshly painted with lots of space for your picnic supplies.
The Palm room features vintage furnishings and built-ins, and a full sized bed.
The queen bedroom with refinished wood floors,vintage dresser and walk-in closet
Doing the laundry is fun! New appliances, and just outside is your private patio
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, August 22, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.