in-Town Respite 5 Miles from Lake Michigan Beaches
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Montague cottage description
'The Cabbage' is named out of an identity crisis between a cabin and a cottage. It has two bedrooms with two full beds in each. Linens and blankets are provided and plenty of pillows for curling up with. There is one bathroom with a tub/shower and towels, washcloths, and beach towels for taking to the lake. A small hair dryer is there too. There are ceiling fans in the kitchen and both bedrooms. The kitchen is fully stocked for cooking and baking and you may use the dishwasher. My policy is drink any wine or beer there and buy another of your favorite to share with the next guest. Drip coffee maker, sugar, tea, and olive oil are always on hand! During chilly weather the gas log fire place will warm the entire home, but there is a furnace also. During warm months, central air conditioning will keep you comfortable. You'll have access to a large barrel style charcoal grill and picnic table outside by the stoned-in fire pit. Bring fire wood for a bonfire and roasting marshmallows and hot dogs. If you'd like protection for your vehicle, there is a one car garage with opener. This home is set up to encourage outdoor activities and a respite from high tech gadgetry; therefore, there are two tv's set up with a DVD player and VCR but no cable service. There is a stock of books and dvd's to enjoy and a small cd player/radio. Please keep in mind this is an in-town home among quiet neighbors who have chosen Montague for its peaceful non-resort atmosphere. It is expected that guests would also use this home to enjoy the peace and quiet and respect the friendly neighbors who call this street their home. There is a maximum of 4 guests permitted in the home. Regretfully, no pets of any kind are allowed on the property. Smoking is not allowed inside. You can pack light as there is a washer and dryer downstairs for your use. Deanne is my neighbor who looks after my home and will assist you with emergencies if they arise. I may be called for other questions. This is your quiet place to relax....your time, your vacation. Enjoy!
- 860 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
The home is not 'childproof ' for toddlers. Example : no locks on cabinets, stairway to basement, low lying objects and furnishings, no shatterproof glass in lower cabinets, no plugs over electric sockets, minimal room for running and tussling.....but plenty of space for cuddling! ...moreless
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Double Beds (2)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Gas Fireplace:
- Living Room seats 4:
- Towels Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Clothes Dryer:
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Water Tubing
- Hunting Small Game
- Ice Skating
- Massage Therapist
- Cross Country Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Pier Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Water Parks
- Theme Parks
- Live Theater
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- The cottage is in the small town of Montague about a 5 mile drive to Lake Michigan beaches, sand dunes, fishing piers and the lighthouse, a popular photographers' and artists' destination. Get a great perch dinner and glass of wine at the Old Channel Inn and walk down the sandy path to the beach where you can bring wood for a bonfire and watch a sun set. You can walk downtown and eat lunch at an original soda shop, get ice cream by the campground, listen to acoustic music at the Book Nook coffee shop and book store, shop at the farmers' market on Saturday mornings, search for treasures in antique shops, visit the local art museum, listen to free music at the outdoor ampitheater, and fish at the boardwalk. You can bring your bicycles to ride the Hart/Montague Bike Trail or drive up to the old fashioned drive-in and order a frosty rootbeer float and hot dogs. If you have friends who camp, you can walk to their campsite at the campground. If you have a small boat there is parking space at the cottage and nearby launch ramps. For longer stays and larger boats there is a marina in town where you could rent dock space. Across the bridge in Whitehall visit more antique shops and The Hokey Pokey, an interesting upscale consignment shop. In Whitehall there is the historic Howmet Theater with live plays and music year round. Both Montague and Whitehall have small pubs with live music and friendly local people. Michigan's Adventure Amusement and Water Park is a ten minute drive away and is a more affordable alternative to the larger national amusement parks. Be sure to contact Joyce at Quiet Time Massage in Whitehall for a relaxing cup of tea before a hot stone massage. There is a canoe livery where you can rent kayaks, canoes, or inner tubes and enjoy a river trip with sightings of birds, deer, and maybe an otter. During winter months you can snowmobile on local trails or go to the winter sports park in Muskegon to skate, sled and cross country ski. Friends have been known to sled down the sanddunes on garbage bags during snowy weather! You can spend time in nonstop activities or leisurely relaxation. It's your time and your vacation. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
$650 wk./$110 nt. (3 nt. minimum) $1500 mo. peak season/June-Sept. $550 wk./$90 nt. (2 nt. minimum) $1200 mo. off season/Oct.-May *** SPECIAL*** $1000 Dec. Jan. Feb. $2800 all three months 50% of base rate to reserve. total w/tax & cleaning fee 30 days prior to arrival. 50% cancellation fee if not rebooked w/less than 2 wk. notice 100% payment returned if cancelled 2 wks. prior 11% sales/lodging tax & $35 cleaning fee each booking Memorial Day, July 4th, & Labor Day weeks $700: 7 day minimum
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2007
About: I am a mother, grandmother, and friend who purchased this home to enjoy the beauty of Western Michigan and make memories with the special people in my life. I live full time in Toledo, Ohio and work as a probation officer and part time instructor at a local community college. My children, grandchildren, friends, and I call this our second home and want to share our retreat with you.
This town is the closest, smallest, non-resort town near Lake Michigan from Toledo. It is a 3 and a half hour drive from my home in Ohio. I fell in love with the big corner yard, fire pit, and small town atmosphere with friends who know your name. I've made wonderful friends on my street and even more friends in town at the Book Nook and beaches and shops.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
If you're looking for a reasonable price for outdoor vacationing and quiet respite from technology, cables, remotes, and wires, this is the place for you. You may find you enjoy the peace so much you will want to book again for the next season or next year. :)
- Primary: 419-346-6277
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome to The Cabbage
Bedroom 2 with closet
Biggest sofa is a cuddly love seat
Full kitchen with fiesta ware and dishwasher
Backyard dining and fire pit
Back door guests are best. :)
Bedroom 1 with no closet
TV with no cable but plenty of DVDs
Stay warm and toasty on chilly nights.
Take some wine....leave some wine!
Park your car in the garage and start a bon fire
Fall sunset on Lake Michigan by Old Channel Inn. Make a fire...drink some wine.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, October 29, 2013