New! Beautiful Balmoral Beach with Stunning Views Across the Harbour
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Mosman house description
Stunning fully renovated family home situated above Balmoral Beach overlooking Sydney Harbour to Clontarf and Manly Beaches. The home has a stone built Federation exterior with interiors inspired by French Provincial style and natural beach tones. The thick stone built house offers excellent insulation from the heat and the cold. The house is north facing capturing sun all day long and early evening. Surrounded by exclusive homes and plenty of aged trees and bushland nearby. This exclusive enclave offers the ' best of Sydney' . Watch the boats sail past from the outdoor terrace, walk to the beach or take a pleasant coastal bush walk from the walking route right across the road. Sydney's Taronga Park Zoo is close by in Mosman. Trendy and vibrant Mosman village is a short 5 minute flat walk where you have many famous restaurants, delicatessens, cafes and some of the best shopping in Sydney. Also within 5 minutes walk you can enjoy Georges Heights with its artist huts ,great walks with views of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge. There's tennis courts , bowling and croquet directly opposite tucked in behind the bushland park. The Balmoral sailing club offers kayaking,boating and windsurfing rental. Enjoy twilight sailing and jazz from Middle Harbour Yaght Club down the road throughout the summer.There's also the wonderful art deco Orpheum Theatre offering a range of cinema entertainment. If you do want to leave the area you can take a bus from across the road or a ferry and be in the city in 15mins. Mosman is also close to many beautiful surf beaches along the Northern Beaches including Manly, Freshwater & Curl Curl or take a bus directly to famous Palm Beach.
Stunning North facing home with 4 queen-sized bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 4 spacious living areas plus 2 outdoor terrace balconies. Both terraces have room for dining, BBQ and comfortable chairs to relax and watch the sunset whilst the sailing boats head home.In addition there is a formal dining area which seats 12 people, a large study with sofa area, separate laundry plus plenty of storage. There is also a beautiful secluded garden with a few options to find a quiet spot to read and relax.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
- Queen size Beds (4) plus large sunroom with sofabed
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Gas Fireplace:
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Covered Parking
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Video Game Console
- Video Library
- Wireless Internet
Location & View
- Water View
- Beach View
- Ocean View
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Water Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Botanical Garden
- Duty Free Shops
- Live Theater
- Paddle Boating
- Outlet Shopping
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Theme Parks
- Wildlife Viewing
- Lower North Shore: Mosman/ Balmoral Beach Mosman is one of Sydney’s most exclusive suburbs; with historic aboriginal sites,Taronga Park Zoo, breathtaking views, stunning architecture, gorgeous beaches mixed with boutique shops and first class restaurants. The Borogegal Aboriginal tribe inhabited the area before the area was settled in 1830 as a whaling station; it now houses Sydney’s most expensive and prestigious real estate. Mosman is home to some of Sydney’s loveliest harbour beaches such as Clifton Gardens, Chinamans, Balmoral, and Obelisk beach. It has some magnificent architecture, where you can find huge Federation mansion to small Victorian cottages. Sydney most famous walks can also be found in Mosman, leading you along the foreshores of Sydney Harbour. Balmoral Beach is well-known for its “Shakespeare-by-the sea” plays in summer at the famous landmark the Rotunda, next door to another landmark Bathers Pavilion. Walk along the promenade and explore the “island” that separates Hunter Beach and Edward beach by a stone foot bridge but don’t forget to get your fish and chips to eat, whilst watching the yachts cruise pass the heads. Getting around A free community bus - the Mosman Rider - operates 7 days a week, 8am to 6pm, transporting residents and visitors around Mosman on a 30 minute loop. Hail the bus anywhere along its route. Mosman Rider - the free community bus Mosman is well serviced by Sydney Buses and Sydney Ferries. Timetables and route planners are available online Ferries go to Mosman Wharf ,Mosman Bay and Taronga Park Zoo with connecting buses to Mosman Village and Balmoral Beach. By bus you can be in the city in 15minutes. There are number of buses running frequently day and night. Another adventurous way to see this area is to hire a Kayak at The Spit Bridge and paddle over to Clontarf Beach/Chinaman's and Balmoral Beach. Check out Sydney Harbour Kayaks. Costs per person $15.00 per hour. You can also take a Half Day Tour with a experienced crew and see the awesome sights of Middle Harbour, visiting Aboriginal sites in the area, and the Garrigal National Park, Cost $99.00 per person. Duration 4hrs operating only on Saturday and Sunday. Kayaks can now be hired at the Balmoral swimming pool. There are plenty of top restaurants based in Mosman, The Spit and at Balmoral where one can indulge themselves with excellent food and stunning views.From take-a-away fish and chips to exclusive waterfront fine dining. Bathers Pavilion cafe and restaurant, Historical Gunners Tea Barracks are is just some of the many special places to eat and watch the world go by. If time permits you can also hire a houseboat and cruise up Middle Harbour and explore the small inlet coves and beaches that are hidden amongst some of Sydney's most exclusive suburbs.Located at Sandy Bay Road Clontarf Marina. Middle Harbour Houseboats for a truely rare experience, this is a Must Do. Within 5-10 minutes walking of our home you can access scuba diving, snorkeling , tennis, coastal bush walking, fishing, swimming, parks, views across Sydney Harbour to Opera House and Harbour Bridge where you can enjoy Open Air cinema and theatre in the summer months as well as all year round Opera and The best retail shopping can be found in Mosman village. Within easy walking distance is famous Taronga Park Zoo. Luna Park, Manly beach and water slide park are both short drives away....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Superb house house in Mosman
Superb house house in Mosman
We stayed 2 weeks in this fantastic house. Our family had a great time. The house is beautifully decorated, has lovely views from Balmoral to Manly, and to the East. It has plenty of space and is very kids friendly. A short walk from the shops in Mosman, it is also very convenient for the day to day activities. It definitely convinced us to move to this area!
- Guest Philippe R.
- Date of stay 08/10/13
- Review Submitted 09/03/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
Family gathering in Mosman
Family gathering in Mosman
A really lovely place to stay, the house is decorated with good taste, the back balcony has beautiful views and is a great place to enjoy breakfast with the kookaburras coming up to say good morning! The kitchen is very well equipped and there are plenty of indoor and outdoor dining options. Two families could stay with plenty of privacy over two levels. We stayed very comfortably with 7 adults and 2 small children. There is a nature reserve opposite for lovely walks and Frenchie's cafe up the road inside the reserve for a morning coffee. Jacqui accommodated all our special requests. With our young children we much prefer staying in Mosman close to beautiful Balmoral beach and all the cafes and amenities of Military Road, than in the city centre. However, there are also good bus and ferry connections to get into the city quickly. I would highly recommend Jacqui's home for families.
- Guest Gabrielle V.
- Date of stay 01/01/13
- Review Submitted 02/27/13
Owner response: Thanks, Gabrielle. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again. All the best . Jacquie
Family of Seven
Family of Seven
The house was very lovely and just as described in the posting. The views are beautuful and the neighborhood has it all. Just a few blocks from the house are great resaturants, cafes, grocery stores and bakeries. Just a short walk / drive is the ferry into town and you can also walk to the beaches of Balmoral. The owner was very accomodating and even put enough food in the fridge for breakfast for my family the day we arrived, a very nice touch.
- Guest Brian H.
- Date of stay 12/20/12
- Review Submitted 01/06/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
What a great house - we stayed for 2 weeks and had intended to use it pretty much as a base only, but the house was so spacious and comfortable that we ended up spending far more time in Mosman than we intended. No bad thing, the area has so much on offer and the surrounding beaches just beautiful. We usually stay in hotels but this time decided that the length of our stay was too long to do that and we couldn't have been more pleased - the house is beautifully furnished, has incredible views and has everything you need, thoroughly recommend it .
- Guest Sara54 (London )
- Date of stay 07/01/12
- Review Submitted 08/02/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing, adventure seekers, tourists without a car.
Owner response: Thanks Deany, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Australia. Best regards. Jacquie
New ListingGuest comment entered by owner
This is a brand new listing therefore we have no reviews as yet.
- Guest Owner
- Date of stay 06/29/12
- Review Submitted 06/29/12
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: I have lived in Balmoral for 13 years and love it every day for its beautiful sunrise and sunsets, coastal and bush walks and endless amenities. You don't need a car to access all that Balmoral and Mosman has to offer. This is the first time I have offered my home for rent but as I will be traveling more and more in the coming months I would be very happy to share my home with them whilst I am overseas.
Why the Owner Chose Mosman:
Relaxing and beautiful home. You feel at peace when you walk in the door. The minute you enter and see the beautiful water views you immediately feel uplifted. The french provincial decor offers both style and comfort to allow you to feel completely at home. Prestige suburb which is totally safe day and night.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
I fell in love with my home the minute I walked through the front door. The 1880 stone home just oozed peacefulness , quiet , solid and relaxing home. The view across the water, watching the sailing boats go by is just beautiful to watch from the terrace and the living areas. Sunsets and sunrise are a bonus.
- Primary: + +61 (0)421011330
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Deck has 270 views of Balmoral,Clontarf , Manly,distant lightglow in the evening
View from the balcony across to Manly and the Heads.Watch the boats sail by!
Deck outside main living room and kitchen
Main living room-plenty of room for entertaining-large comfy sofas(1m depth)
Large dining room-- seats 12 comfortably & connected to living room
Kitchen bar area
Main bedroom with walk in robe and ensuite bathroom with shower and bath.
2nd bedroom with queen size bed- French tapestry theme and built in wardrobes
3rd & 4th bedrooms are downstairs with extra privacy and access to full bathroom
Very large downstairs living space-many parties spill out from here to the garde
4th living space-downstairs sunroom.Great calm space to rest/read out of the way
Part of the downstairs garden area- access to additional eating & relaxing spots
Upstairs deck eating area capturing the views. The deck has automatic sun canopy
Sunsets are a beautiful red glow- not captured by my camera
Main living room (1 of 4) which has beautiful sweeping views- mesmerising
French style kitchen and eating area with views and access to the balcony.
French doors to the kitchen and the balcony area from main living room
Very long hall entrance hall with mirror from set of Moulin Rouge.
Working fireplace in the main bedroom for cold winter evenings- very romantic
2nd bedroom:plenty of light and storage,across the hall from the main bathroom.
3rd & 4th bedrooms have queen sized beds & plenty of light and storage
3rd living space- small and cosy with large leather sofas/TV and fireplace
Downstairs verandah- extra eating area for 10 and additional space to relax
Downstairs laundry with extra drinks fridge,washer & dryer
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, October 25, 2013
5 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.