Stone House Wonderful Views, Tuscany Umbria Border, Pool, Wifi
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Preggio house description
Fonticchio is a lovely house sleeping 10-12, in a most spectacular position, high above the Niccone Valley. One enters through the gates along the drive to the double car port on the right. the large wonky-star shaped pool is to the left with the house behind it.
The from door enters into the spacious dining room with large refectory table and dining chairs, there are stairs here to the upper floor. Straight through the dining room are 2 bedrooms (one double with Queen size bed) and a twin bedded room. Between them is a small shower room with WC and basin.
To the right is the kitchen, not large but fully-equipped with fridge freezer, electric oven, 4 ring gas hob, dishwasher, microwave. Through the kitchen remaining on the ground floor is another shower room with basin and WC also where the washing machine is located. To the left is a large sitting room with TV and pool table which can become the 6th bedroom if required. To the right is a gym room with gym equipment and large arched windows leading out to the garden.
The stairs from the garden lead upstairs to a large sitting room with sofas and armchairs, TV, DVD player, bookcases. There is a door here onto a large loggia roofed but open on 3 sides with views over the garden and the pool, there is a large dining table here with seating. Straight through are two bedrooms, both double (Queen size beds) with a bathroom between them with tub, shower, basin and WC. To the right is a bedroom with a set of bunk beds and a shower room with WC and basin.
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13, Beds for 10-13
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine
- Parking Off Street
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library:
- Pool Table
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Medical Services
- Live Theater
- Wildlife Viewing
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Fonticchio di Sopra is located on a hilltop above the much sought after Niccone Valley. The valley runs between Tuscany to the west and Umbria to the east. It is a rural location with absolute peace and quiet. The views are exceptional with hills and valleys and the picturesque farmhouses with dot the hillsides. The house stands in mature gardens with 22 hectares of its own land. The villages of Mercatale di Cortona and Lisciano Niccone; with their shops, restaurants, pizzerias and gelaterias are within 15 minutes drive. The hilltop town of Preggio is close by and is a beautiful old town, which in August hosts a well regarded music festival. The Umbrian towns of Assisi, Perugia, Todi and Gubbio and the Tuscan towns of Cortona, Montepulciano, Siena, Arezzo, Pienza and Florence are all within easy reach. There are many fine and not too expensive restaurants within easy reach and regular wine tastings with dinner take place in English every week at the local vineyard. The area is known for its immense beauty and old-fashioned lifestyle with friendly people and good local produce. The market town of Umbertide is a short distance by car and has a beautiful old town centre and a weekly market of food and clothing, well worth a visit, even just to soak in the local color. It also has supermarkets and many shops. The area is a great place for walking or for cycling....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
May 19 to June 23 £1190 per week June 23 to July 14 £1790 per week July 14 to Sept 1 £2290 per week Sept 1 to Oct 1 £1290 per week Other dates £990 per week plus heating Deposit to book is one third of total price. Price includes bed linen and towels.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
Year Purchased: 2002
About: I am an Englishman who has been living in Italy for 12 years, I run a property development business.
Fonticchio belongs to my friend Steve, he has been a friend of my husband's for 25 years. We moved to the area in 1999 and Steve was a regular visitor and soon started to look for his own place nearby. He looked for many places but when he found Fonticchio we all knew it was the right place, the views, the peace, the large pool were all just right.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Fonticchio has so many advantages: the wonderful peace and quiet yet only 145 minutes drive from several lively villages. The views are amazing and extremely restful, one can never tire of them. The house has been a home and it has the benefits of Sky TV Multi room, WiFI and a gym.
- Primary: +390759410853 8am to 8pm Italian time
- Secondary: 333 737 6077 8am to 8pm Italian time
- Fax: +39 075 941 0853 8am to 8pm Italian time
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Ground floor bedroom with 2 singles
Pool and view
Dining room with corridor through kitchen to gym.
Ground floor double
Upper floor double bedroom
Upper floor double bedroom 2
Ground floor gym
Upstairs sitting room
snooker room/ ground floor sitting room.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, May 14, 2013
5 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.