Pebble Beach Paradise, Vancouver Island
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Located on the calm east shore of beautiful Vancouver Island, this 3000 sq ft oceanfront vacation home offers stunning views of the gulf islands along the Stuart Channel. The natural setting of this property exudes a calm, tranquil atmosphere. A gentle sloping driveway leads to the house off of a quiet dead-end country road. Lush and fragrant plantings wrap the home in a cozy nest of green with a canopy of mature trees standing watch over the serene park-like setting of the property. Enchanting!
Walk out the large sliding glass windows on to the huge deck to take in the spectacular view. Marvel at the diverse wildlife in the area: eagles soar above and seals and waterfowl below provide natural entertainment. In the evening, be mesmerized by the moon rising above the islands from the romantic master suite with it’s own stunning view. Lull yourself to sleep listening to the waves lap against the shore or luxuriate in the two-person jaccuzi tub in the master bath.
Walk across the lawn and only six steps down to secluded Pebbled Beach to enjoy a wonderful day of beachcombing, swimming and sunbathing or, just sit and watch the continuous parade of sailboats and other vessels passing by. The famous sandstone rock formations of the Yellowpoint area create a small, protected cove and a sandbar in the bay helps warm the crystal-clear water to a comfortable swimming temperature.
The home itself welcome you in sophisticated and timeless style, its open floor plan allowing full presentation of the incredible views from the wall of windows facing the ocean and snow-capped mountain peaks of distant Vancouver. Perfect for entertaining and relaxing, the home features a gourmet kitchen complete with top-of-the-line appliances and appointments such as a full service wet bar adjoining the family room. The master suite contains its own en-suite with a top-of-the line jacuzzi whirlpool bath. Three bedrooms feature comfortable queen-size beds with the 4th bedroom also containing bunk beds for the kids. There is a caretakers suite on the property.
If you are looking for a true Vancouver Island seaside experience, this is it!
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 9
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Gas Fireplace
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Linens Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Wood Fireplace
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Ocean View
- Freshwater Fishing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Deepsea Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Winery Tours
- Miniature Golf
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Whale Watching
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Pebble Beach Paradise Vacation Home is located on the sandstone shoreline near Yellow Point, BC. Yellow Point is located in the tranquil and picturesque countryside of the east coast of Vancouver Island, on a broad forested peninsula that juts out into the waters of Stuart Channel in the Strait of Georgia. The rolling landscape of Yellow Point area is rural and mostly undeveloped, providing all the pleasures of country living. The small community of Cedar on Yellow Point Road is the main settlement in Yellow Point. Yellow Point is a small resort area facing DeCourcy, Ruxton, Pylades, Valdes and Thetis Islands. Unique to Yellow Point are its interesting sandstone rock outcroppings. The community offers a wide array of craft shops and cottage industries, with products ranging from stained glass to pottery, paper mache and linens. Ideally situated between Nanaimo and the picturesque town of Ladysmith, Yellow Point is centrally located for day trips on the island, and the close proximity to Nanaimo provides convenient access to the amenities of the city and two of the island's major ferry terminals. Nanaimo Airport is also located right beside Highway 19 in Yellow Point. When driving the Island Highway, a detour through the forests and farmland of Yellow Point makes for a rather pleasant break, and an opportunity to visit one of the many seafront parks on the peninsula or the renowned Crow and Gate British Pub up the road towards Cedar. Freshwater Fishing: Quennell Lake off Yellow point Road is known for its good smallmouth bass and trout fishing, as is the nearby Holden Lake. Long Lake and Brannen Lake are situated 3 miles (5 km) north of the Nanaimo city centre. They're both easy to locate on opposite sides of Hwy 14. There are trout and smallmouth bass at Long Lake, and cutthroat and rainbow trout at Brannen Lake. Golf: Nanaimo and the areas to the north have seen the proliferation of golf courses with a view. Tee off on any of 20 golf courses within an hour's drive of Nanaimo. Courses range from family mini-golf to demanding 18-hole courses with beautiful views. Located in Nanaimo is the Nanaimo Golf Club, 3 miles (5 km) north of the city, a demanding 18-hole course with beautiful views of the water, and two 9-hole courses; Pryde Vista Golf Club and the Eaglequest Golf Centre. Near Yellow Point are Cottonwood Golf Course and Mount Brenton Golf Course. Diving: Nanaimo and the Northern Gulf Islands are prime destinations for discerning scuba divers. Explore Nanaimo's first artificial reef, created by the sinking of the HMCS Saskatchewan, a retired Navy destroyer sunk off Snake Island in June 1997. The HMCS Cape Breton is the largest artificial reef in the world, located off Snake Island (a bird sanctuary), near Nanaimo. Notable coastal dive spots include Dodd Narrows, the Gabriola Passage (soon to be a marine life sanctuary), Four Fathom Reef, Carlos Island, Porlier Pass, Clarke Rock and the popular night diving location, Jesse Island, which boasts at least three separate and distinct dive sites in very sheltered conditions. Bungy Jumping: For those who prefer falling over walking, Nanaimo claims to be the home of North America's first and only brid built specifically for bungee jumpers. Thrill seekers can experience the ultimate high at the Wild Play Element Park. You can watch or jump from this 140-foot (42-m) bridge above the Nanaimo River, located south of Nanaimo and signposted along the highway. Hiking: Visitors looking for outdoor walks and hikes don't have to go far. The surrounding area offers an amazing range, quality and quantity of trails. The wild and natural trails at Cable Bay and Dodd's Narrows are popular, as are Yellow Point Park and Hemer Provincial Park. Paddling: As much as the ocean dominates the landscape near Yellow Point, there are several freshwater lakes where paddlers will find serenity in a rural setting. South of Yellow Point on the Island Highway is the spirited, picturesque community of Ladysmith, with streets lined with charming and restored heritage buildings. Further south, explore the mural-filled town of Chemainus, with its charming stores and restaurants and live performances at its popular theatre building. BC Ferries operates a scheduled ferry service between Departure Bay in Nanaimo and Horseshoe Bay on the north shore of Vancouver, and from Duke Point in Nanaimo to the Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal, south of Vancouver. Nanaimo Airport is located just 15 minutes south of downtown and serves an average of 20 flights daily between Nanaimo and Vancouver, Abbotsford and Langley. An airport shuttle service, taxis, and car rentals are available at the airport. You can also opt to fly into Nanaimo harbour's seaplane terminal in the heart of downtown. Service is frequent and offers spectacular scenery en route....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Before paying contact the owner to confirm payment details.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
- Nearest Airport: Nanaimo Airport YCD at 5 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Duke Point Ferry at 13 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: highway 1 at 12 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Front Yard at 2 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Crow & Gate Pub, Yellow Point at 4.5 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Cottonwood Golf Course at 10 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Crow & Gate Pub, Yellow Point at 4.5 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: I am a retired software CEO. My partner Fernanda and I live in Vancouver Island in the summer months and in Mexico in the winter. We offer personal service with a friendly smile. You are welcome here!
Why the Owner Chose Ladysmith:
I fell in love with the Yellow Point area of Vancouver Island. The natural beauty of the area is breathtaking. This house is situated on a private cove with a beautiful pebble beach and offer spectacular views from all windows. The big trees are enchanting and the ocean crystal clear. The house is luxurious and comfortable.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
One of the only secluded beaches on Vancouver Island is just steps from the back lawn. Launch a kayak from the boathouse on the water and breath the sea air as you paddle around the unique sandstone rock formations on each side of the cove. Say Hi to the seals that live on seal rock.. only a short paddle away.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Moonrise over the Gulf Islands viewed from the Deck
Take your breakfast.. and take in the VIEW!
Kitchen, Wet Bar and Family Room - great for entertaining!
Romantic Master Bedroom with it's own stunning view!
Six steps to Pebble Beach
Summertime paradise for kids young and old!
Pebble Beach House Exterior
Open floor plan with cozy double-sided fireplace
Family Room with wet bar - sliding glass doors onto the huge sun deck
Front Yard - Enchanting!
Cozy 3rd Bedroom
Master Bedroom Ensuite with Jacuzzi Tub. Separate marble and glass shower.
Formal Dining room for 8 with its own view.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, May 28, 2013