Secluded 18th Century Manor House
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Sarlat-la-Caneda chateau / country house description
La Croze de Puymartin consists of two connecting houses, La Tour and Le Manoir with room for 12 people. La Tour offers spacious accommodation on 3 levels. On the ground floor with exposed oak beams, terra cotta tiled floor is the living and dining area with a lovely fireplace, private small courtyard and a vine covered terrace. The fully equipped kitchen is a joy to work in. There is a double bedroom and a twin bedroom on the first floor, a shower room and a separate toilet. On the second floor is a large double bedroom with bathroom en-suite and a separate toilet.
Connecting to La Tour is Le Manoir a beautiful traditional stone property full of charm and character. It sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms, 2 double and 1 twin. It comprises of a large entrance hall, spacious living and dining area also with exposed oak beams and terra cotta tiled floor, large fireplace with wood burner and a fully equipped kitchen. On the first floor are 3 bedrooms, 1 double bedroom with bathroom and separate toilet en-suite, a second double and a twin bedroom, a shower room and separate toilet. It has its own vine covered terrace overlooking the garden.
Guests of both houses have full access to the large swimming pool, the fitness room, golf practice, vegetable garden and extensive grounds.
La Croze de Puymartin surrounded by 45 acres of beautiful gardens, meadow and forest for you to explore, is the perfect place to get away from it all and relax. The idyllic rural location is peaceful and private.
The property is special in its own unique way and makes the ideal base to visit some of the most spectacular locations in the Dordogne region.. The two houses, La Tour and Le Manoir, have large private terraces, fully equipped kitchens and extensive living and dining areas that feature lovely fireplaces with traditional wood burning stove. The spacious accommodation is comfortably furnished and well equipped. It is maintained to a high standard and will be clean, fresh and welcoming for your arrival
The private salt water pool receives the sun all day long and the terraces are positioned to provide the choice between sun and natural shade.
- Chateau / Country House
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
- Queen size Beds (3), Twin or Single Beds (6), Baby Cribs (1)
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Parking Off Street
- Satellite / Cable
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Medical Services
- Freshwater Fishing
- Horseback Riding
- Massage Therapist
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Theme Parks
- Live Theater
- Botanical Garden
- Winery Tours
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Paddle Boating
- LA CROZE - the setting is truly breath-taking! A magnificent manor house, surrounded by 45 acres of private parkland & woodland, ensuring you a holiday in perfect peace and tranquility. La Croze consists of two connecting houses, LE MANOIR and LA TOUR, situated at 2 km from Marquay, a small quiet village, nestling round a 16th century church, with its bar and small supermarket where the locals and tourists can meet for a chat over a glass of wine. There are several restaurants, serving interesting local specialities. Marquay is situated in the heart of the Pergord Noir, between the two river valleys of the Vézère and Dordogne. Le Perigord Noir, in the South Dordogne region, dates back to medieval times and is a world unlike any other. With panoramic views of lush green valleys bordered by high riverside cliffs, beutiful castles, winding country lanes, medieval villages, pretty harbours and lauze stone roofed cottages, the Perigord scenery is second to none. The surrounding countryside offers crystal clean air and fertile ground in which truffles, nuts and mushrooms flourish. Local farmers breed geese and ducks, thus providing the world’s most exquisite foie gras, and vineyards produce globally acclaimed wines. It is near to Les Eyzies, the capital of prehistory, and the spectacular beautiful medieval town of Sarlat famous for its Art and History. The valley of the Vézère, where many places are listed by UNESCO as world heritage sites, such as Lascaux II in Montignac, Font de Gaume in Les Eyzies, one of the last caves in Europe with prehistoric paintings still open to the public. Along the valley of the Dordogne you will find some of the most beautiful villages of France, such as Roque Gageac and Beynac. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
16.February until 17.Mai 2013 1.350 euros 18.Mai until 05.July 2013 1.850 euros 06.July until 06.September 2013 3.100 euros 07.September until 25.October 2013 1.850 euros Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice. Before contacting us, please check
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: BERGERAC at 70 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: SARLAT LA CANEDA at 15 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: BRIVE at 55 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: ARCACHON at 170 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: MARQUAY at 2 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: VITRAC at 20 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: MARQUAY at 2 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 1997
About the owner: As you might have guessed I grew up in Holland and then traveled the world. I lived in southern Spain and took people shark fishing, I bought a piece of land and planted thousands of lemon trees, I went to the french Alps, loved the mountain and skiing, bought an old farm house, created a Piano Bar and 5 wonderful apartments, visited the Perigord Noir and fell in love with its natural beauty and architecture, bought an old manor house that needed lots of attention, decided to stay and share this with you.
Why the Owner Chose Sarlat-la-Caneda:
Having lived all over Europe when I finally visited the Perigord I could not help but falling in love with the beauty of this part of the world, the quality of life. I finally found the place where the beauty of nature was all around me, the tranquility, the friendliness of the people and I decided to stay and I have never looked back again.
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
The property stands on top of a green hill with a stunning view of the wonderful rolling landscapes of the Perigord Noir and it is this perfect situation that made me fall in love with it. Settled in 45 acres of garden, meadow and forest, there are hundreds of places to relax and enjoy.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, May 15, 2013
6 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.