A Little Bit of Country - Basement Suite
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Chesapeake Beach apartment description
Our place is located on a no-exit street that ends at a large farm where one can see amazing sunsets. When you leave in the morning, you are treated to beautiful sunrises. It is a very comfortable home away from home and a pleasant place to spend your nights after a long day of 'pounding the pavement' in the city. We like to think that our place is a tranquil 'park' located right beside a park. We have several gardens, one of which includes a pond. A hammock in the side yard is a perfect place to reflect on the day's activities. We have a wooded area in the back with a large firepit that serves as a backdrop for nightly bonfires, hotdogs and s'mores. You don't have to leave the county to enjoy the Chesapeake Bay and you don't have to leave the property to enjoy a little bit of country!
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Wood Fireplace:
- Clothes Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Video Game Console:
- Music Library:
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Air Hockey
- Outdoor Grill
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Basketball Court
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Pier Fishing
- Water Parks
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- We are located in the center of two major cities; 1 hr from Baltimore's Inner Harbor, (50 min from BWI), and 1 hr from Washington, D.C. or a 30 min ride from New Carrollton Metro to take the subway into town. We are also within a 40 min drive from our capital, Annapolis,which is a must visit. For breakfast you can say the pledge (8:30 M-F; 9:30 Sa-Sun) along with the whole restaurant at Chick'n'Ruth's where you will be treated to their scrumptious signature potatoes, lunch at Middleton's Tavern, dating back to approx. 1750, when it was operated as an 'Inn for Seafaring Men' and also where the nation's most revered leaders (Washington, Jefferson and Franklin) frequented during the period following the American Revolution.and dine at one of the MANY wonderful places where you can enjoy the catch of the day or our famous Maryland Blue Crabs. You can then walk the boardwalk to people/boat watch or take a cruise. For people who like to stick locally, we are 15 min. from Chesapeake/North Beach where you will find Neptune's - an incredible mussels treat, among other delicious meals. Flag Pond's Nature Center - is about a 25 min drive away where a short, half-mile hike brings you to the sandy beach of the Chesapeake Bay or you may take longer trail routes that allow you to experience the beauty of the park. Additionally there are observation platforms at two ponds, a fishing pier on the Chesapeake Bay and a visitor's center with wildlife displays. Great place for combing the beach early in the morning for shark's teeth. Also we are a 15 min drive from Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary and Jefferson Davis Park. We are approximately a 45 min drive from Solomon's Island where there is unique gift store shopping, along with art galleries, wonderful restaurants serving fresh catch of the day and our famous Maryland Blue Crabs, and the Calvert Marine Museum that offers tours and concerts....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
$150 nt. + 6% lodge tax $650 wk. + 6% lodge tax $25 each person over 2 adults
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 1988
About the owner: I am a retired Spanish teacher living in Southern Maryland and my husband is a retired employee of the Department of Interior at a Wildlife Research Center. I love to tend to my gardens, read and travel. We have stayed in VRBOs on each trip and have enjoyed them so much we decided to try our own. I love meeting new people and hearing their stories.
Why the Owner Chose Chesapeake Beach:
We think that our 'little bit of country' is in a perfect location being close to Annapolis, Baltimore and Washington, D.C. Besides the tourist attractions in the above mentioned cities, we have local attractions alongside the Chesapeake Bay and Patuxent River. Our place is on a no-exit street and is wooded. Even though it is close to the cities, it seems like the perfect haven in the middle to return to at night or enjoy during the day if you just want a day of rest and quiet. It is our 'little bit of country' in the middle of the tri-state area.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
What caught my eye when we were looking for a place was the 'cozy' look of a home that is set back from the road by gardens, a pond, and a driveway lined with azaleas. While being next to a Park, you get the feeling that you are in a country setting, yet close to cultural activities. I feel like we have the best of both worlds here on Yellow Bank Rd.- right next to Brickhouse Rd.which to me was a sign....come travel with us down the 'Yellow Brick Rd'. :)
- Secondary: +1 301-928-7324 Not before 6 am nor after 10 pm EST
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Cozy home basement suite with pondering pool
Relax after a long day in the city
A peaceful retreat after a busy day
Our Commitment to Life
Reading Room/Queen Futon
Queen-sized thermapedic mattress
The beauty of Nature
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, August 30, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.