VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Les Pommiers is a 'home from home' where families and friends can relax and enjoy complete tranquillity in an unparalleled rural setting. The large, well equipped farmhouse kitchen with Lacanche cooker opens on to a terrace at the rear and a traditional balcony overlooking a grassy courtyard at the front. A vine covered pergola provides shade overlooking the swimming pool. Alternatively, a delightfully cool salon with large French doors opens on to the courtyard as does a garden room which also opens out at the end of the house. It is a proper holiday home, furnished for our comfort and taste. When it comes to vineyards, one is spoilt for choice being within reach of Beaune and the Cote d'Or, the Maconais, Beaujolais and even the Cote du Rhone. Should your appetite for sight-seeing and wine tasting begin to pall then relaxing with a good book by the pool, enjoying the abundant bird life, or walking in the surrounding countryside should do the trick.
The kitchen has a superb Lacanche cooker, plentiful utensils to encourage the keen cook, a wood burning stove and a large dining table and French windows opening on to a shaded terrace. A door from the kitchen leads on to a long sunny verhandah with superb views. The bathrooms have traditional fixtures and fittings, hot water is supplied by an immersion heater. Sun loungers and parasols are provided. The telephone makes outgoing local calls only - mobile reception is not reliable & there is no internet or TV connection.
Please leave the house clean and tidy by 10.00 on the day of your departure and do not arrive until after 4pm. This is to allow time for the changeover....moreless
We ask for a 10% deposit at the time of booking, with payment of the remaining 90% no later than eight weeks before arrival date, together with a refundable Euros 100 damage deposit (a cheque is acceptable, which we will not bank unless necessary) and a 'flat' Euros 75 laundry charge, regardless of numbers or duration of stay. No Smoking and No Pets. We send a letter to confirm the terms.
10% at time of booking; remainder eight weeks in advance of arrival. Refundable damages deposit of 100 euros
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
This imaginatively converted farmhouse is a family home fabulously situated with a secluded pool affording stunning views across the Charollais countryside. The area has chateaux, Romanesque churches, vineyards and local markets. For the energetic there is horse riding, tennis, fishing and walking all within easy reach. The towns of Beaune, Chalons, Charolles, Cluny, Macon, Paray le Monial and Tournus, are within exploration range and provide a wealth of interest, including all the modern amenities such as supermarkets, cinemas and specialist shops. France's Second City, Lyon, can be reached by train from Macon or a 90 minute car journey which gives opportunities to experience the world renowned Opera, Art Galleries and Michelin Star restaurants.