Ladd's End - Lakefront Home Perfect for a Mountain Holiday
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Lake Santeetlah chalet description
This comfortable home is on beautiful Lake Santeetlah in the Smoky Mountains of Graham County NC. Southern Living recently ranked Lake Santeetlah the number one mountain lake in the southeast! The main living area is furnished with leather sofa and chairs grouped around a natural stone fireplace. The open kitchen has granite counter tops and a barrel table that everyone loves. Master bedroom is on the main level and is furnished with custom built log furniture. The bed is the most comfortable you will ever sleep in. Upstairs are two bedrooms, one with a king size bed and one with four singles in a trundle bed configuration. A full bath serves the upstairs. Our favorite space is the screened porch off the main level living area. A large dining table can seat eight to ten people, and a seating area at one end is the perfect place for reading that summer novel. The lower level family room is a good place for watching movies or playing board games. An extra bed (queen size) is at the rear of this room across from a full bathroom. Another deck with rocking chairs and a hanging swing are on this lower level. Our private dock on Lake Santeetlah is easily accessible with a picnic table nearby. We are located just three miles from Ingles in Robbinsville and there is room to park three vehicles at the front of the house.
Lake Santeetlah in the western North Carolina mountains is surrounded by the Nantahala National Forest. It is a peaceful retreat for those looking to go canoeing, kayaking, and fishing. The fish population is comprised of walleye, rainbow trout, brown trout, bluegill, and large and small mouth bass. The lake also has two marinas, a swimming beach, picnic tables, and a boat ramp. The Nantahala National Forest provides visitors with a variety of excellent hiking opportunities.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- King size beds (2) There is a king bed in master bedroom and a king bed in second floor bedroom., Queen size Beds (1) This bed is an additional sleeping area, but is not in a private bedroom., Twin or Single Beds (1) There are twin/ single beds on the second level - two twin trundle beds which pull out to sleep four separately....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- 3 full baths (one on each floor)
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Coffee Maker
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Air Conditioning
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Nearby is whitewater rafting on the world renowned Nantahala River at the Nantahala Outdoor center. It's a must do day trip. There are many half day or whole day scenic drives and hiking trails along creeks, rivers or mountain trails. The southern most border of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park is twenty minutes away at Fontana Dam, the largest dam on the Eastern Seaboard. This area has some of the finest creek, river and lake fishing in the mountains....moreless
- Deck / Patio:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Whitewater Rafting
- Pier Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Wildlife Viewing
- Located 3 miles from the town of Robbinsville for grocery shopping, drug store and restaurants. Whitewater rafting is nearby on the world renowned Nantahala river at the Nantahala Outdoor Center. There are many scenic drives and hiking trails along creeks, rivers and forests. The southern most border of the Great Smokey Mountain National Park is 20 minutes away at Fontana Dam- the largest dam on the eastern seaboard. This area has some of the finest creek, river and lake fishing in the mountains. For bikers the Tail of the Dragon is minutes away....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
$1750/week plus state and local taxes. Cleaning fee included. $300/night plus state and local taxes. Three night minimum. Cleaning fee included.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: McGee Tyson Maryville TN at 70 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Cataloochee, Magie Valley NC at 50 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Sequoyah, Cherokee NC at 35 Miles
Year Purchased: 2006
About: We built this chalet style home to be a gathering spot for our children and grandchildren. We have shared many fun times and wonderful memories here. As our grandchildren have grown older, they have less time for vacationing; thus we have made it available for others to enjoy.
Why Lake Santeetlah:
We chose this area for a vacation home because of Lake Santeetlah. It is is a quiet and scenic lake with 76 miles of shoreline, the majority of which (almost 80%) is USFS land. There are beautiful long range views from just about anywhere on this lake. We have enjoyed fishing, boating, swimming, hiking, and beautiful scenery.
The Unique Benefits at this Chalet:
Our cozy mountain get away is an easy drive from our home in busy Atlanta. On occasion we enjoy driving to the quaint towns of Murphy, Dillsboro, Waynesville, or even Asheville.
- Primary: +1 800-343-7635
- Secondary: +1 828-479-6441
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Fun on the lake!
Kitchen - open to living area
Master bedroom - main level
Upstairs trundle room
Lower level bathroom
Grands on the deck swing
Main level living area open to kitchen
Guest bedroom - king bed
Lower level family room
Queen bed on lower level
Back of house in the springtime
View from the dock
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, October 03, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.