Luxury Retreat Near Village & Marina~Across from Lake~Remodeled~Wifi, Movies
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Private Homes cabin description
Welcome to KANODIA LAKE VIEW! This 'mountain modern' property has been lovingly restored with modern amenities and conveniences while keeping the warmth and charm of a true mountain escape.
If this cabin is booked please visit our other cabins #345959 (located a few houses from the National Forest and an amazing sledding hill) or 619437 (walking distance to Snow Summit).
ENJOY this beautiful, fully remodeled Big Bear cabin located just steps from the lake! We're located on a quiet, private road - one house off the lake. Public access to Metcalf Bay is one house over just across the street (about 100 feet).
All brand new furnishings! High ceilings in all the rooms have incredible wood accents and large wood and iron beams, making this home one of a kind!
Situated on a private road you’ll see amazing sunset and mountain views from the front of the house. Grab your fishing poles and walk 100 feet to lake front access or take a 5 minute walk down the road and rent a boat at Holloway’s Marina. Or bring your own boat with you and store it behind the house!
This home is one mile from the Big Bear village -- everything Big Bear has to offer is close by for your enjoyment!
This home is clean, roomy and bright, decorated with warm, rich colors and beautiful furnishings. It’s the perfect place for two couples or two small families searching for a fun-filled, relaxing vacation in the Big Bear Valley. Gorgeous surroundings and views, wildlife and a quiet peaceful community make this cabin the perfect choice.
* FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN: The kitchen is fully stocked and can be used to serve up beautiful entertaining meals. Brand new custom kitchen cabinets, gorgeous granite, stainless steel appliances (gas stove), two large windows and a door leading to a large deck, plus tons of counter space make this an ideal cook's paradise ... or you can eat out in the many fabulous restaurants in the area!
* DINING ROOM: The dining table is located in the large kitchen and seats up to eight for those special meals with friends and family.
* LIVING ROOM: The spacious living room is warm and cozy with a large double lounger chair and leather couch (queen sleeper sofa). A beautiful rock fireplace and artwork finish out this relaxing room. Entertainment is provided by a brand new 42” High Definition LCD TV (cable included), DVD unit & iHome. Wireless high speed internet is available at no charge. To reminisce of years gone by, we have a record player and lots of albums to choose from.
* FOUR DECKS: There are four decks to enjoy the outdoors. Two decks are located in front – one on the lower level as you enter the property and a private deck off the master bedroom upstairs. The back yard features a large deck with a huge pine tree coming through the middle. Great for barbecuing or relaxing at night while watching shooting stars. A side deck offers a great location to view the lake while enjoying your morning coffee.
* BEDROOM 1 / MASTER BEDROOM: The master bedroom is equipped with a king bed, seating area, dresser, night stands, artwork, seating bench, a 32” HD TV and private upstairs balcony
* BEDROOM 2 / GUEST BEDROOM: The guest bedroom is equipped with a king bed, night stand, dresser, 32” HD TV, artwork and seating bench.
* BATHROOM 1 - DOWNSTAIRS: This bathroom features new custom cabinets with matching mirror and beautiful granite. Full, large shower and plenty of space!
* BATHROOM 2 - UPSTAIRS: This bathroom is located between the two bedrooms upstairs. It is large and features new custom cabinets with matching mirror and beautiful granite. A tub/shower combination and large vaulted/beamed ceilings make this room comfortable and spacious.
* LAUNDRY AREA: A washer and dryer are provided for your convenience on the ground floor.
* FUN FOR EVERYONE: While the children enjoy puzzles, music, movies and games, sip your favorite beverage and enjoy views of the lake. There’s even a record player and lots of records to choose from … go back in time as you listen to albums from the 1960’s through the 1980s!
Lake house rental, lake view rental, big bear lake cabin, big bear lake, cabin rental, lake house rental, ski rental, snow summit, ski house, bear mountain, snowboarding, skiing, snowboard, mountain cabin, hiking, fishing, big bear, vacation rental, vacation home rental, mountain rental, lake house, close to slopes, family friendly, romantic, close to village, walk to lake
- 1300 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 6-7
- King beds in each bedroom. Queen sleeper sofa in den.
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Located on a private street, this beautiful fully remodeled home is just steps from the lake and a short walk to Holloway's Marina. Enjoy peek a boo views of the lake from the front of the home while relaxing over breakfast or enjoying evening cocktails. Fishing is right out your front door and you can walk to rent a boat for a full day on the lake! Only a mile from town and all Big Bear has to offer ......moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Gas Fireplace
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
We provide soft sheets for the 2 king beds and the queen fold out couch. Bath and kitchen towels are also provided. 1 queen and 2 twin inflatable mattresses are available (sheets not provided). Extra pillows and blankets are provided....moreless
- Living Room
- Mobile Phone:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio:
Summer & Winter Rates: $225/Night(Sun-Thu) $275/Night(Fri-Sat) Spring & Fall Rates: $200/Night(Sun-Thu) $250/Night(Fri-Sat) Thanksgiving $350/Night ~ Christmas $375/Night ~ New Years $425/Night Winter Break $350/Night ~ Other Winter Holidays $300/Night Summer Holidays $300/Night ~ Spring/Fall Holidays $275/Night 2 Night Min/Holidays 3-5 Night Min/Multi-Night Discounts Avail (non-holiday only) Add 8% lodging tax, $75 cleaning ($100 5+ nights) & $300 sec dep to nightly rates Payments accepted through PayPal (all major credit cards)
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Pay with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The location of this property is amazing. Just steps from the lake on a private road, enjoy amazing sunset views from this home. We are walking distance to Holloway's Marina and a 1/2 mile from Alpine Slide (summer and winter activity park). Town is 1 mile away and Snow Summit is 1.5 miles. Close to everything Big Bear has to offer yet a world away ... this is the PERFECT getaway destination! Don't forget to visit the Moonridge Zoo, the Discovery Center, and check out all the incredible events taking place year round!
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We're a family from Orange County, CA who fell in love with Big Bear many years ago. We bought our first property - Kanodia Lodge - years ago and recently converted it to a rental. We had such incredible feedback from our guests that we decided to purchase this home and offer our guests a new adventure in Big Bear near the lake.
Why the Owner Chose Private Homes:
This home is steps from the lake - literally. It's located close to everything - walking distance to Holloway's Marina and only a mile from town and the ski resorts. Located on a private street, this home is charming and warm ... with the most incredible sunsets right out your front door.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
We enjoy the peace and quiet this home offers and the location is ideal - both for summer and winter activities. Being so close to the lake and town is wonderful yet you still feel secluded and private at this location.
- Primary: +1 714-745-9112
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Kanodia Lake View at sunset. Cozy, warm and inviting!
Gourment kitchen with tons of counter space.
Large windows - great lighting in the kitchen.
Brand new comfortable den furnishings
Enjoy a warm fire on a chilly day. Desk provides room to work if need be.
Vaulted wood beamed ceilings and beautiful stone fireplace in den.
Relax and read a book ...
Guest room with comfortable king bed and 32" HD TV with DVD player & iPod player
Beautiful bathroom downstairs with large shower and custom granite counter.
New cabinets, tub/shower combination, light from large window, vaulted ceilings.
Large back deck with room for 8 and new Weber barbecue.
Toast the sunset steps from your front door!
Remodeled kitchen with open floor plan - granite counters and stainless steel.
Spacious dining table seats up to 8.
Relax together, share stories, enjoy the breeze from the lake.
Brand new 42" HD TV - DVD player, movies and games for your fun!
Master with king bed; private upstairs balcony with peek-a-boo lake views.
Large master bedroom with king bed, sitting area and 32 inch HD TV.
View from guest room to open landing stairs; vaulted beams throughout.
Downstairs bath with new cabinets, counters and fixtures.
Large open stairs with open beams and wood/rod irons rails & iron artwork.
Full size washer and dryer for your convenience!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, October 21, 2014
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
- Calendar last updated 10/21/2014
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.