Old North Shore Lodge
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Lake Arrowhead lodge description
Slip behind the gates of Old North Shore Road. This mountain lodge is located in a private, gated community, just a short stroll to the lake. This is one of the finest neighborhoods in the area, and you will find it to be peaceful and quiet--yet close to everything.
Our home features a master bedroom with a queen sized bed, a private shower, and its own deck overlooking the lake. There is also a bedroom with a double bed, one with two twin beds, and a den with a double futon. In all, this 3 bedroom, three bath house sleeps 8 comfortably.
There is a large gourmet kitchen, living room, dining room, TV/family room, and den. This home includes all towels and linens, dishes, cooking utensils, barbeque, two flat screen TVs, basic cable service, wireless internet, washer and dryer, fireplace, and trash service. There are also several decks and patios to enjoy the outdoors.
This unique home has great access and ample off-street parking for 4 vehicles.
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Parking Off Street
- Wood Fireplace
- Includes beach club pass
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Lake View:
- Mountain View
- Medical Services
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Water Parks
- Located in the San Bernardino National Forest, Lake Arrowhead is the premier mountain resort community is Southern California. Whether you are looking for hiking, cycling, fly fishing, bird watching, or just revitalizing your soul, you will discover what so many others have, including the who’s who of the movie and film industry. Lake Arrowhead is the hidden jewel of Southern California just waiting for you to discover…or rediscover…its beauty, charm, friendly people, and clean fresh air! Once you arrive, you will discover that this beautiful mountain home is just a short walk down a mountain path to beautiful Lake Arrowhead. Hike the trails, fish for rainbow trout, go for a swim in the beautiful blue lake, or spend some time relaxing a mile high above the hustle and bustle of city life. Walk about 1 mile along historic Old North Shore Road to the Tavern Bay Beach Club. Tavern Bay Beach Club is private, but your stay includes a membership card allowing you access. Lake Arrowhead Village is less than a 10 minute drive from Old North Shore Road. You will find shopping, dining, and a kid’s fun park. A must-do is a ride on the Arrowhead Queen Paddle Boat. Learn about the history of the Lake, see some celebrity homes, and maybe even catch a glimpse of a bald eagle. For those interested in water skiing, Mackenzie Water Ski School is available for lessons and charter ski trips. There are several other charming communities in the Lake Arrowhead area that have amenities to offer including Blue Jay, Cedar Glen, and Twin Peaks. For you outdoor enthusiasts, hiking trails are nearby including the renowned Pacific Crest Trail, which passes just north of Lake Arrowhead. Travel out Hook Creek Road to Splinter’s Cabin and you will discover Deep Creek Recreational Area. You can fly fish, swim, or hike along the pristine shores of Deep Creek. Other popular hiking trails include North Shore Trail, The Pinnacles, and The Hot Springs. In the winter time, you will find that Snow Valley Ski Resort is close by and offers all levels of skiing from beginning to advanced. There is also a “tubing” park as well as countless locations for snow play. If you are traveling up in the winter time, it is highly recommended that you carry chains, even if you own a 4 wheel drive. One of the big advantages of this home during the winter time is that it is located on a private road, that has private snow plowing. Old North Shore Road crosses State Hwy 173, which is one of the first roads to be plowed and is continually maintained during snow storms. For those reasons, access in and out of Old North Shore Road is excellent even in bad weather. Bring your family, bring your friends, but leave your cares behind. Regardless of how long you stay, you will return home refreshed, revitalized, and planning your next trip to Old North Shore Lodge. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Thanksgiving Holiday 2012
Thanksgiving Holiday 2012
I had the pleasure of staying at this beautiful home last Thanksgiving with my family. The home is beautiful, spacious, spotless and is located in one of the best neighborhoods in Lake Arrowhead. We selected the home because of the location, right down the street from my sister's home. Everything we could need was supplied. If you like to cook, the kitchen is a delight. Beautiful views from the front of the home. One afternoon while sitting on the porch my son said he felt he was in Vermont. We had a view of the lake and the trees were gorgeous reds, yellows and oranges. I would highly recommend this home. You won't be disappointed.I might note this home has lots of steps and not ideal for anyone with disabilities or very young children. Mr. Murray was very easy to work with.
- Guest Jackie (Northern California)
- Date of stay 11/21/12
- Review Submitted 09/05/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, sightseeing, age 55+, girls getaway, families with teenagers.
My family of five stayed at Old North Shore Lodge for Labor Day weekend. The house was very clean and well kept, and we particularly enjoyed the gourmet kitchen and spacious balcony. The house is located in a beautiful, quiet neighborhood among some of the most specatucular homes in Lake Arrowhead. There are several access trails that allow for easy access to the lake and ALA parks. We spent one day at the Tavern Bay Beach Club, which our children enjoyed. We thought the place was a good value and would stay here again.
- Guest RSS (Newport Beach)
- Date of stay 08/31/13
- Review Submitted 09/04/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers.
This house exceeded my expectations. The location is gorgeous, with easy access to the lake and swimming areas, and the house is beautiful both inside and out. It easily accommodated me and 7 friends. The kitchen is well-stocked, we had no trouble using what was there to whip up two dinners for 8 (bringing our own ingredients of course). There are three bathrooms, each with a shower, which makes it easy for living with 7 other people for the weekend. To top it off, the owner is great to work with, very quick to respond to any and all questions. We spent some time in the village, it gets very crowded, so maybe best to get there early or late (we had to wait 30 minutes each day for lunch around 1:30). Also, while the local beach club is great for swimming access, don't have the expectation of it being like the Saved by the Bell beach club - it's just a spot for locals to swim, there's a small food shack and there are some beach chairs that you can use. Overall, a fantastic and very affordable trip! I would recommend the house to anyone.
- Guest Jessica S (Los Angeles, CA)
- Date of stay 07/06/12
- Review Submitted 07/09/12
Recommended for: Families with young children, age 55+, girls getaway, pet owners, families with teenagers.
2 Night minimum: $600 / 2 nights Each additional night: $250 / night 1 week (7 nights): $1600 Security deposit: $400 All linens and towels are included Prices do not include sales tax and 7% Transient Occupancy Tax
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 1987
About the owner: When looking for the perfect place to raise a family, we chose Lake Arrowhead for its fresh air, friendly people, natural beauty, and close proximity to everything Southern California has to offer. Thirty years later, our children are grown and have moved to other cities, states, and countries. We find ourselves with this beautiful home in the mountains and no one to share it with. That is why we decided to share it with you through Vacation Rentals by Owner. It is our hope that you will find Old North Shore Lodge the perfect place to relax and enjoy the natural beauty that is abundant in this spectacular mountain escape. Old North Shore Lodge is located in a quiet, upscale neighborhood close to the lake. We welcome families, retreats, church groups, and friends looking to spend some quality time together. Our home and neighborhood is not conducive to loud parties. Enjoy your visit to Old North Shore Lodge! Sincerely, Lewis & Brenda Murray
Why the Owner Chose Lake Arrowhead:
Old North Shore Lodge is the perfect place to enjoy a relaxing time in beautiful Lake Arrowhead. We are close to the lake, shopping, dining, and recreational opportunities. All the while nestled away in a private, gated community. This mountain escape is fully furnished with all of the amenities you would expect including linens, towels, cooking utensils, washer and dryer, cable service, and wireless internet. We promise that you will find Old North Shore lodge to be your home away from home!
The Unique Benefits at this Lodge:
Your stay at the Old North Shore Lodge will allow you limited lake access to one of the most beautiful private lakes in Southern California. Hike (or stroll) the well maintained trails, swim in the lake, fish from the private fishing dock, enjoy the two private beach clubs, or just relax at lakefront Peninsula Park. (Boat launching is not available to guests on Lake Arrowhead).
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
North Shore Lodge is in a private, gated community
Old North Shore Lodge
Two twin beds
Den with laundry & futon
View of lake from nearby Rotary Point
Deck off of living room
Living room with fireplace, flat screen TV, and log furniture
Gourmet kitchen with granite tops, two sinks, and utensils.
Family room with wood burning stove and bathroom with shower.
Master Bed Room
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, May 25, 2013